Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Part 2. Really, this idiot shouldn't ask customers how they are doing in the first place. If she learned to say "sorry to hear that" and keep it moving that would be okay, but even better is if she learned how to say something pleasant but meaningless just to acknowledge the customer but not to pretend that she's interested or trying to start a conversation. And to be fair the customer should learn to say "fine. How are you?" unless they are currently on fire and needing to know where the fire extinguisher is. So it was bad all around but your coworker started it.
But the thing is you said she was boring and self-involved but in your example she was interested in others and it doesn't sound like it was boring, just very #cringe.

FC, I take it KMart reopened:)

oh yes, they still have them! they have some really good ones now. i saw some a while back at the book store and almost wanted to buy them. it's a shame because even though they still exist Im not sure kids play with them anymore. when I was young I had a set of Victorian paper dolls where one of the characters was the empress eugenie and another was the young queen Victoria and I loved it.

this is it!!
Wow! That's so cool! ❤ Long live paper dolls!

theres this really annoying girl at work-- like, reeeeeeeealllly annoying. bufoonishly annoying. always inflicting her personality on others. always talking about herself when she is AT ALL TIMES the least charming or interesting person in the room (before scanty says anything--because she's predictable as hell--no, it isn't me :rolleyes:). anyway, she asked how a customer was and the customer said "not good" because her husband or dad-- I cant remember which-- is in the hospital dying. and the girl asked if it was because he had covid. ugh! cringe! the customer lost her shit and the girl cried. on the one hand I don't think you should go around telling people things if you're not prepared for them to respond inappropriately, but on the other hand I cannot imagine being so tacky as to ask if it's "because of covid". firstly, we've only had two cases on the island and secondly, terminal illness existed long before covid did. so therefore even though I think the customer didn't really have any right to make this idiot girl cry, at the same time, im glad that she did.

How can there be TWO of you at the same work!! Oh my god.

I used to go to Starbucks. They have that thing where they ask your name. This really encapsulates the Starbucks philosophy of being fake and annoying, like when they call your name you're supposed to think "hey! It's for me personally!"
So this one woman that worked there would often try to do the conversation thing but she doesn't know me and had nothing to talk about so it would be like "are you ready for Mother's Day?" or some nonsense. Whatever. I could just say "yes," and then wait for my order. But the other thing that she did that was really annoying is she would ask my name and apologize for not knowing it. Every time, an apology that she didn't remember my name. I don't care and I'm actually kind of relieved that she doesn't know it, but at the same time the apology was pointing out the exact opposite of what asking the name is about in the first place. It's supposed to make you feel that they care about you. And the apology was like, "sorry but I really don't care about you and I'm just not very conscious of the effect I have on you so that I feel this might in some way make the slightest difference to you, so instead of just making your coffee I'm going to have this awkward moment with you once again. I'll leave it up to you to decide if I'm trying to be cute, or if this is some kind of insult, or if I'm just super awkward at interacting with customers and maybe should be kept out of sight of society, perhaps in an asylum."
Finally, because I got tired of paying $5 for a coffee and then being disappointed with it, and also because they wouldn't have the bakery item I wanted I just quit going there. I haven't gone there in about three years.
NOW there is this sandwich shop that I go to sometimes. They have a really good vegetarian sandwich for $5 and I started going in there once in a while to get a sandwich to go. So I go in there a couple of months ago and who waits on me but the girl from Starbucks. And she knows my name. She says my name. This is after years. So did she know it the whole time? What was that "I can't remember your name. I'm so sorry!" Anyway that was the last time I went there.
Some people are just really awkward and should have a script to follow when waiting on the public.

FC does the 'sandwich shop' happen to be the 7-11? o_O
Be real dont be fake like the fake Starbuck girl (tho you are the FAKE Chameleon:oops: since you are
both fakes maybe you are being overly :drama: about this whole name thing)

Bought two masks on Commercial Drive today. I was the only one wearing one afterward. Felt like a dweeb. I took the bus for a change. Got a seat on an ordinarily packed route. The masks are surprisingly comfortable, but they're made with chitosan, which is derived from crab. Made here in Vancouver, Canada though. ?

Bought two masks on Commercial Drive today. I was the only one wearing one afterward. Felt like a dweeb. I took the bus for a change. Got a seat on an ordinarily packed route. The masks are surprisingly comfortable, but they're made with chitosan, which is derived from crab. Made here in Vancouver, Canada though. ?
How was it? I've always wanted crab chafing my face all day.

I'd feel like a dweeb too.

How was it? I've always wanted crab chafing my face all day.

I'd feel like a dweeb too.
It's become kind of mandatory on public transit, and it felt anonymous, wearing the mask. The driver was wearing one too. It was soft.
20200521_185610.jpg

I had to relocate a dead water beetle from my sink to the toilet using an envelope and it was like one of those silent, taking-way-too-long montage clips from Family Guy with the dead frog. He just kept flopping off the envelope.

I had my first Zoom meeting today. I looked fuddy duddy, but it was a positive virtual get together.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom