Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

I started watching "The Last Kingdom" on netflix. I like it but I'd prefer if it were a little more soft focus. I like things where everyone's flaws make it difficult to see one person as good and another as bad. There is some of that but we're pressed a little too much into siding with the hero of the story. His antagonists always have flaws that make it difficult to give them much respect and so even with his mistakes, usually caused by his impatience, it's difficult to see the possibility that all the characters have some justification for their actions.
The king would have had to be smarter than he is depicted here because the king who passed over his own son to give him the crown probably wouldn't have done that.
The action is good but the outcome sometimes relies heavily on "plot armor" meaning our hero has several times faced impossible odds and still come out on top and it probably didn't happen quite that way. It's a good story though and nice to look at. it's fun to recognize which characters are based on characters from Game of Thrones. There is sort of Jaime Lannister/Bronn character and another that shares a lot with Tyrion Lannister, being a wise drunk who helps take the heat off the hero at one point where he might have been killed. I've only watched about four episodes and it's good so far but could be better. It's based on a novel so it probably doesn't just run out of story and start repeating the same setups like some other shows do that go on for too long.

Oi
no FC it didnt actually happen that way, since its a dumb TV show and never really happened

:rolleyes:
:hammer:

My wife has an interview from a practice that sought her out. I’m very curious and a bit nervous about what they might offer

It's a rare sunny winter day here in Vancouver. I can smell the melanin on my face after catching some rays. I went to the library and took out 6 books. One of them is about how humans have treated animals throughout history. I helped a neighbor carry home and set up a Christmas tree this morning. I will be treating Christmas like any other day I think. Tomorrow I go on a group walk to get coffee, with people I like. It'll be a pleasant break from being solitary.

There is a neighbor who seems really nice, that thinks the pandemic is a con, but I have yet to get chummy enough with him to entertain him. One of these days I'll invite him in to see some of my artwork, and try to get to know him better. I like the idea of cleaning my apartment, making a pot of soup, and having him over to eat and paint with me.

I walked past a young beautiful Asian man this afternoon, and we made eye contact. It was a good moment, for me at least. We gave each other an honest look.

Another man in my neighborhood, who has a similar face to mine, I said 'Afternoon!" to, and he shyly said "Hi. Hi. Hi.". I'd like to make friends with him too, unless he has a jealous wife.

I just went to a mall to get my medication from the pharmacy, and I decided to get some beer at the liquor store, but they didn't have my favorite beers in stock, there were long lineups, and the lineups were full of obviously alcoholic people emanating desperation. What do I have to offer them? So I aborted the alcoholic mission, and went to a clothing store and bought two pairs of socks, and I've put one pair on, and my fingers had fibers from them all over them. I paid a pretty penny for them, so I'm disappointed they'd shed so much.

My neighbor was on the bus coming home, and she called my name. I broached the subject of possibly bathing her dog, and she said she bathes him every three months or so. But he smells like a dog. Touch him and your hand stinks. So I'm hoping she'll invite me next time she brings him to the dog bathing station, and I'll make sure he gets well lathered. Because, I swear, my dog never stank. I used to wash him with the same soap I'd use. I don't remember how I'd keep it out of his eyes though.

I know someone who works in the downtown east side, with people who have been tested positive for covid, and are under quarantine. I wonder if she's afraid to come down with it herself. Someone else I know, thinks there is no real covid-19.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom