Predict the title of Morrissey's next album

‘The Tragedy of Birth’ was rumoured for World Peace I think: it’s a great timeless title and one that (assuming it was indeed considered) couldn’t be easily forgotten. So I think it might be recovered for the next LP.
Have we got mixed up with the bee gees Hovis?
Come on now out with it lad.....
You still got the big hair, teeth, and flares!!!
You wish 😂😂

Kick the Bucket
B872D898-75E1-4A62-B3D5-0E0B79DBB486.jpeg

MORRISSEY
THEY HAVE YOU NOW

1. IT WAS THE BEST OF TIMES....
2. AMW
3. YOU ARE ALL ROBOTS
4. ENGLAND IS LOST
5. THEY HAVE YOU NOW
6. EVERYONE WEARS A MASK
7. THE GREATEST HOAX SINCE THE MOON LANDING
8. THIS FABRIC IS PRETTY THIN
9. LIES
10. NOBODY I KNOW HAS DIED OF COVID 19
11. BUT, I'M NOT BLACK

Content with Cabrones

It's not a prediction, I have the album here.

"Content with Cabrones"
"I'm content with mi compadres
I take a pill
I chill
I'm waiting for my men
To bring the booze
I snooze."

"Donald"
"My secret lover, with corn-like hair...
In public I'm indifferent
But every night he's my President
You take the Mickey... I take The Donald."

"She"
I get shit-faced with a she-singer
I send my books to a she-author
I listen to a political she-leader
And I have lunch with the lunch lady

You say a few fag-hags don't a feminist make
Well my friend Harvey says there's no pleasing you
So nobody is going to try"

"I Know the World"
"You don't have an opinion
About the international situation
Luckily for you, I do"

"Yellow People Are Not People" "Pandemic Ecstatic" and "Only a Vegan Can": also indispensable tracks.

He could call it 'wanker' as a come back to the Simpsons episode.

Edit: Or even just 'wank' as a reference to the previous 'Rank' release.

Can you imagine the quandary it would place the critics in if they're reviewing an album called 'wanker' or 'wank'? How could they possibly say anything more deprecating about the album than what the title already suggests? If any of them did succumb to calling the album wank it would look like lazy journalism.

Last edited by a moderator:
He could call it 'wanker' as a come back to the Simpsons episode.

Edit: Or even just 'wank' as a reference to the previous 'Rank' release.

Can you imagine the quandary it would place the critics in if they're reviewing an album called 'wanker' or 'wank'? How could they possibly say anything more deprecating about the album than what the title already suggests? If any of them did succumb to calling the album wank it would look like lazy journalism.
They would succumb, and live with being called lazy.

His recent titles have been so awful, that I dread to think what comes next. Word Peace Is None of Your Business -- nonsensical. Low in High School -- a terrible pun. California Son -- the laziest and most well-worn pun ever. I Am Not a Dog on a Chain -- petulant and unattractive.

Well, at least he's not Van Morrison, whose new album has songs such as Why Are You on Facebook?, They Own the Media and No Good Deed Goes Unpunished.

His recent titles have been so awful, that I dread to think what comes next. Word Peace Is None of Your Business -- nonsensical. Low in High School -- a terrible pun. California Son -- the laziest and most well-worn pun ever. I Am Not a Dog on a Chain -- petulant and unattractive.
Yes, quite. All you can do is hope for a title that isn't awful. Dog on a Chain is a great album so a real shame it's named after such an unfunny/unpleasant song. Even calling it 'Knockabout World' or 'Love is on its way out', for example, would have been miles better, and they are sufficiently universal themes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom