Pregnant again!

What annoys me is i know some lovely people that can't conceive the normal way and have had to go down the expensive and emotionally demanding IVF route, not for the 1st time. It seems that there are a lot of people who don't really want kids but continue to pop them out for fun, sadly more than half these kids don't stand a chance. I see the results of this lack of affection quite often at work, sad sad sad state of affairs.

Looks like the bloke has gaining some sympathy weight along with her.

I couldn't draw breath knowing one of my babies was somewhere in the world that I wasn't let alone 13!:(

OK, I am a foreigner but one thing I didn't understand about the article was the claim that the government/social services will have to pay for the children's upbringing. Won't they be adopted? In the U.S., these kids would be snapped up straight away.

why do they show the babies but blur their faces? Also, Megadeth? really? :lbf:

OK, I am a foreigner but one thing I didn't understand about the article was the claim that the government/social services will have to pay for the children's upbringing. Won't they be adopted? In the U.S., these kids would be snapped up straight away.

The adoption system in the UK is notoriously ponderous, I'm afraid, particularly if the birth parents don't want to give up the children. I know a couple who fostered a little boy with a view to adopting and who were kept hanging on for several years before the adoption was allowed. The birth mother was eventually declared unfit and so M and her husband thought their fight was over. Until the courts told them that the boy's natural father had been traced (abroad) and that the next option would be to try to get him to take the boy! M and her hubby were devastated. Fortunately the father agreed that the little lad was better off with his foster family and consented to the adoption, but the poor kid was almost at secondary school before he could be reassured that he could stay with the people he loved. No child should have that uncertainty hanging over them.

Another lady I know took a newborn for adoption and then had to hand him back, aged almost two, when the birth mother changed her mind just before the adoption was finalised. It broke her heart.

There's been recent media attention on the shortcomings of our adoption policies, so hopefully things may start to improve.

I'm just glad that Princess Diana isn't alive to see this!

The Daily bleeding Mail. A hateful newspaper for people with little lives.

Last edited:

Straying away, Jean Seberg..very nice.

Back
Top Bottom