Request: I Know Who I Love

Gregor Samsa

I straighten up, and my position is one of hope.
I've been craving for this for ages. Does anyone have it? Anyone?

Cheers

I think this is one that is going to stay behind bars.

P.

I think so too.. Along with Kit (Moz vox), A Fool Such As I (Smiths Elvis-cover)... Breaks my heart really.

Nah "Kit" will come out (no pun) eventually. In another thread they're lamenting that "Striptease With A Difference" (a/k/a Morrissey told Nick K...ent about it, so it's his own fault) hasn't been officially released, but really... there are dozens ahead in the queue ("Safe, Warm Lancashire Home"). Yes, "Kit" is at the top of the list because we've all heard that it's brilliant. I fear that "I Know Who I Love" could be another (well, I won't name names).

Home is a question mark is yet another...

I get the feeling all of these will come out soon enough in re-releases, or after retirement. Was A Fool Such as I even recorded?

I get the feeling all of these will come out soon enough in re-releases, or after retirement. Was A Fool Such as I even recorded?

It is recorded.

Nah "Kit" will come out (no pun) eventually. In another thread they're lamenting that "Striptease With A Difference" (a/k/a Morrissey told Nick K...ent about it, so it's his own fault) hasn't been officially released, but really... there are dozens ahead in the queue ("Safe, Warm Lancashire Home"). Yes, "Kit" is at the top of the list because we've all heard that it's brilliant. I fear that "I Know Who I Love" could be another (well, I won't name names).

Boz said they never finished recording Kit.. Not sure exactly what that means.. there could still be a rough demo.

According to Boz it is an unfinished Version with lush strings. The string section may include the same ensemble as "Ambitious Outsiders" and "Trouble loves me". Even more interesting would be the the finished leftover "I know who I love" also written by Boz/Moz. The title seems to be too intriguing (as f.e "I can have both").
He must have personal reasons for hiding the germs away. But anyway, "U should have been nice to me" is a very personal song too and we got to hear it.

Last edited:
Will "The Best Of" or the accompanying singles-releases contain any unreleased material from the EMI years?
I'm going slightly mad if the tracklists do not appear in the next few days.....sigh!
Pray for "Warm safe lancashire home", more Bona Drag leftovers and some real beauties from 93/94.

Boz said they never finished recording Kit.. Not sure exactly what that means.. there could still be a rough demo.

Yes they did. The songs from that era that are recorded are "Kit", "I Know Who I Love", "Hanratty" "No One Can Hold A Candle"(1997 version), and "It's Hard To Walk Tall"(1997 Version)
Before that there is "Dennis Cockall Song" which is also recorded. Also there is a different version of "The More You Ignore Me" that I am surprised that didn't leak with the "Vauxhall" leaks. But the interesting thing is there are at least two versions of "Piccadilly Palare" with all different lyrics, not the extended version.

Back
Top Bottom