Returning Swindon Tickets

I expect people who bought on ebay will get their refund/new ticket from the seller, (who will get theirs from the vendor). I don't see any reason why this wouldn't happen.

Had this from See

We're writing to inform you that MORRISSEY at Oasis Leisure Centre
on 24/10/2009 has been postponed. Once the new date is confirmed you will
be informed.

Tickets will remain valid for the new date or if you prefer, face value
refunds are available if the tickets are returned to us. Refunds can be
claimed up to a week before the rescheduled date.

We strongly recommend that you return your tickets to us by secure mail
to See Tickets, 4th Floor, Norfolk House, 47 Upper Parliament Street,
Nottingham NG1 2AB,
with a copy of this E-mail.

If your tickets haven't been despatched and you wish to claim a refund,
please contact us on 0871 2200260

Had this from See

We're writing to inform you that MORRISSEY at Oasis Leisure Centre
on 24/10/2009 has been postponed. Once the new date is confirmed you will
be informed.

:D Hopefully we do get a new date then. The venue still needs to sort the ticket fiasco out though.

Hi all! Newbie here.:)

I had a text earlier saying to hold on to the ticket and they(Ticketmaster) would be in touch.
I too was one of the lucky ones who mamaged to get a ticket back afterwards. It was a bloody shambles though, why take the complete ticket in the first place?:crazy:.

I for one hope it's re-scheduled but can't see a gap in the great mans touring schedule that's if the tour does go ahead.

Here's hoping!:thumb:

The whole ticket situation was very confusing on Saturday night.

I went out via the main exit with my other-half. First of all, we were told we didn't need our tickets and we were to leave straight away. Then, someone came along with a bundle of tickets and started handing them out. I grabbed our two and headed out. Then another guy was trying to give me another ticket, which I refused as I already had mine.

It sounds like a lot of people were left without their tickets on Saturday. I hope Ticketmaster, etc have the common sense to check exactly what people paid for in the first place.

Swindon Oasis should get a telling-off for taking the complete ticket off people in the first place!

As for a re-scheduled date; it would be great if it happened, but I don't feel Morrissey would want to return to the scene of where he fell ill and had to be taken off to hospital :(

I agree, I don't think he'd want to go back now. Too many bad memories! And who can blame him - especially if he hears about the booing! I personally didn't hear many people doing that, and you do get f***wits at every gig. The 'Morrissey, Morrissey, Morrissey' football-match-style-chanting was annoying too, but again you get that at every gig. It's just the way people behave in crowds, and it's shit! But overall I thought the Swindon crowd were ok actually, and I was a bit worried with it being a Saturday night.

I got a message from Ticketmaster saying it's been postponed, but I don't really believe it. And besides, I don't have a ticket now! The ticket situation really is ridiculous.

I'm now considering hitting ebay and trying for a later date, and pushing for my money back from this. No way it will be rescheduled.

I was wondering that about Ebay tickets too..I had beeter keep in touch with my seller to make sure he can get a refund if my ticket stub does not work.

On the way out I saw one guy collect 9 stubs of an attendant. He told her he was collecting for friends but how the hell would the staff know that?

I would prefer a re-schedualed show more so than a refund though..but if it is re-schedualed I suspect it would end up in the new year yes?

For those of us who bought tickets from Oasis,ticket master and the like.
I would think it will be fine.
They have our credit card details so refunding will be pretty straight forward.
Maybe they'll send new tickets?
No way are they going to let people in on the old ones.I only picked up my one.
But I'm sure people picked up more than they needed.
I just hope it's rescheduled to a date I can go.

I hope it's re-scheduled, forgot the money I want to see the great man!:guitar:

Seconded Gerrymander.

Although I sincerely hope that Swindon Oasis organise it better next time - it was a shambles, from the massive queue outside, to the doors opening late, to the taking the whole ticket from us, to the......well you know the rest :mad:

I had better be on a date I can make as well :pray:

Seconded Gerrymander.

Although I sincerely hope that Swindon Oasis organise it better next time - it was a shambles, from the massive queue outside, to the doors opening late, to the taking the whole ticket from us, to the......well you know the rest :mad:

I had better be on a date I can make as well :pray:

This made me laugh.
I live in Oxford.
I'm from the north originally.
It used to piss me off as well the way things are done down here.It's worse in Oxford mate.I have just sorter got used to it.Piss ups and brewerys come to mind.
City of learning "my ass"
They really don't have a clue how to organise things.The only plus is,it's a bit of a pussy place with all the studants and that.So compared to home the city center here is not so bad on a Saturday night.
Then again it might just be me.
Being the superstar that I am:D:D

----------------
Now playing: Morrissey - Speedway
via FoxyTunes

Has anyone phoned the Oasis? I had the same email from See as everyone else; send us your ticket back for a refund or keep the ticket and use it for the re-scheduled performance blah blah blah. However, like most people I have no ticket and no refund! Was going to ring the Oasis tomorrow but wondered if anyone else has spoken to them directly.

I'm new btw, hi!

I phoned Oasis yesterday and was told i didnt need the ticket as i had booked with Ticketmaster and wouldnt need it.
I phoned Ticketmaster who didnt know about the ticket fiasco,they werent pleased that the whole ticket was taken off us,and i am STILL waiting on a call back as they dont know how best to deal with it.
Im going to call Ticketmaster again at the end of the week if i havent haerd from them.
this thread has been helpfull,hopefully this will be sorted soon:straightface:

Hi I'm new here too.

Swindon was to be first Morrissey gig, so very dissapointed, but pleased to hear he's up and running again!

Hope the gig will be rescheduled as I realy want to see him now.

Couldn't believe the fiasco with getting tickets back, I too saw some guy taking a whole handfull and then bragging about it once outside, unbelievable!!!

I was lucky and got my ticket back.

Waiting to hear from ticketmaster but am confident they will only refund to purchasers original amount and NOT rely on us returning tickets.

The excellent Ebay seller i used contacted me today (in fact he also contacted me early sunday morning to say sorry the gig was cancelled!) to forward me this from Ticketmaster:

Dear Ticketmaster customer,

This is a courtesy email from Ticketmaster to confirm that the Morrissey event at Oasis Leisure Centre, Swindon, on 24 October 2009, was postponed on the night.

Please keep hold of your tickets and we will contact you shortly.

If you require any further assistance, please contact us by clicking on: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/customer_serve.html

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I'm with a cool seller who is ready to refund me plus his premium or to get me the rescheduled tickets if that happens. It's worth noting that since the Michael jakson thing it is Ebay policy for sellers to give full refund on cancelled gigs, if they don't then you can raise a dispute with paypal and they will recoup your funds as the seller has broken that policy.

For my part i am waiting as i'm not about to ask for a refund. If swindon (40 mins away) is rescheduled then i'd want to go. And it will be hard as hell to get tickets for if: A, nearly all are 'pre-sold' to rescheduled ticket holders, and
B, the remaining are being snapped up by folk getting the chance to see moz again in the Uk after the world tour.

Lets face it, IF there are two rescheduled UK shows in, say, janurary, then everyone will want a ticket if they can get one. Get a refund and you join the back of the queue...

:)

I too saw some guy taking a whole handfull and then bragging about it once outside, unbelievable!!!

Lovely. Either he's completely stupid and thought there were an unlimited amount of tickets, or he's a selfish twat and thought he'd get away with stealing (as that's essentially what it is) ours. Either way he loses, as there's no way those tickets aren't going to be valid now. That's one good thing about there being so many idiots doing the same thing - if only one of two people had taken more than one then those of us without one probably wouldn't have had much luck getting a ticket/refund back.

I phoned the Leisure Centre, I was told that not having a ticket 'wasn't an issue'. I was told that they're still waiting to find out if it's going to be postponed. I still think it's unlikely!

On a different topic, does anyone know why Morrissey doesn't ever come to Bristol? I heard once from an unreliable source that he doesn't like it here, and who can blame him, but if he considers Swindon then why not?

Lovely. Either he's completely stupid and thought there were an unlimited amount of tickets, or he's a selfish twat and thought he'd get away with stealing (as that's essentially what it is) ours. Either way he loses, as there's no way those tickets aren't going to be valid now. That's one good thing about there being so many idiots doing the same thing - if only one of two people had taken more than one then those of us without one probably wouldn't have had much luck getting a ticket/refund back.

I phoned the Leisure Centre, I was told that not having a ticket 'wasn't an issue'. I was told that they're still waiting to find out if it's going to be postponed. I still think it's unlikely!

On a different topic, does anyone know why Morrissey doesn't ever come to Bristol? I heard once from an unreliable source that he doesn't like it here, and who can blame him, but if he considers Swindon then why not?

Because to compare Swindon to Bristol is like comparing Heaven to Hell!

Considering every person in there had a stamp on their hand saying "Morrissey Oasis 24th October 2009" giving ONE ticket per person shouldn't have been rocket science.

Plus we queued for about half an hour only for someone to scream at us that we didn't need a ticket after all. Shambles from start to finish and now it's not being rescheduled either.

If it wasn't for the superb real ale pub 'The Glue Pot' in town I might have lost it completely...

Moz should really come back and play down here in the South West more often though, it's like there's a curse on the place.

What chance Swansea, Port Talbot, Bristol and Bridgwater on the next tour???

Back
Top Bottom