Returning Swindon Tickets

Just got off the phone to See Tickets. Spoke to a very helpful man and explained the "missing ticket" dilema to him.

He said as yet they've had no news about a rescheduled Morrissey date for Swindon however they have the booking details on file of all who booked tickets through them so if a new date gets added, all you need to do is ring See Tickets and they will re-issue new tickets to you. YAY!! :)

He said he'll put a note on my file that i called and explained my ticket was taken so there shouldn't be any problems with re-issuing a new ticket for a new date should it happen.

I hope that helps others on here with the same issue over tickets. I can only presume other ticket vendors will do that same thing.

I have the same problem - I knew they were handing tickets back to people at the door (heard the announcement) but by the time I got there (after waiting a while!) we were told they weren’t (!), and to contact Ticketmaster, who would definitely give us refunds upon showing proof of purchase. I didn’t think for one minute he’d know this for sure, but he refused to give us tickets and asked us to leave, so that was that! He did also say that the guy on the door made a mistake and shouldn’t have taken the whole ticket at the door). I’ve since heard that some people were asking for more than one ticket back - what selfish b****rds they must be - and actually getting them!! How on earth would this work, what were the venue staff thinking?!

Anyway, I've just been on the phone to Ticketmaster, (I couldn’t see it on their FAQ section?) Was on hold for 10 mins so to save any of you doing the same thing, this is what happened! At first I was told that their policy is that they can’t issue refunds without tickets. I explained that I understood that, but this case is different – the venue took the tickets off us, and didn’t give them back. He discussed it with the others and came back to say that they’re aware of the problem as lots of people have called, and they’re thinking of the best way to solve it. He said they may have to re-issue new tickets to everyone, and make the old ones invalid. So, looks like there’s a chance it’ll be re-scheduled! Although I’d love to see him I don’t personally think it’s a good idea - he needs to rest, he really does!

this is very interesting, for those of us up by the barrier and in shock, it took us a while to get out, i left by main entrance, and by the time i got there, the staff were getting very shitty about people asking for tickets back, they were shouting that there were none left!! howe the frig can they have none left wehn the same amount of people came out as went in, obviously greedy f***ers hoping to get multiple refunds off overs losses asking for lots of tixs and getting them,.... they'll HAVE to just reissue all tickets and start again.
nightmare, and i swore i wouldnt go back if theres a reschedule, but i know i prob will, as long as its before the summer, :rolleyes:

ARGH!! After my last post re the tickets i get this in my inbox...looks like there WON'T be a rescheduled gig after all....:mad:

We're writing to let you know that due to unforseen circumstancecsMORRISSEY at Oasis Leisure Centre, Swindonon 24/10/2009 has been cancelled, and won't be rescheduled. Please return your 2 ticket(s) for a face value refund,along with acopy of this E-mail to See Tickets,Customer Services, 4th Floor, Norfolk House, Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham NG1 2AB. We strongly recommend that all tickets are returned by a secure postalservice to ensure delivery. Refunds will not be issued if we do not receivethe ticket(s).

ARGH!! After my last post re the tickets i get this in my inbox...looks like there WON'T be a rescheduled gig after all....:mad:

We're writing to let you know that due to unforseen circumstancecsMORRISSEY at Oasis Leisure Centre, Swindonon 24/10/2009 has been cancelled, and won't be rescheduled. Please return your 2 ticket(s) for a face value refund,along with acopy of this E-mail to See Tickets,Customer Services, 4th Floor, Norfolk House, Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham NG1 2AB. We strongly recommend that all tickets are returned by a secure postalservice to ensure delivery. Refunds will not be issued if we do not receivethe ticket(s).

well that isnt going to happen as most of us never got tix back..
arrghh!!

This is on the Swindon.gov website...
"29.10.2009

The holders of tickets for the abandoned Morrissey concert at the Swindon Oasis on Saturday 24 October will receive a refund, after the promoter confirmed that there will not be a rescheduled concert at the venue.

The Oasis will contact all ticket holders by telephone on the numbers provided at the time of booking. When telephoned, ticket holders need to provide details of the card used for the booking, for security purposes.

Ticket holders who paid with cash, rather than by card, will need to go to the Oasis to receive their refund, which will be paid in cash. They will need suitable ID.

The refund will include the £2.50 per ticket booking fee. Those who bought tickets from ticket agencies should contact them for a refund."

Oh dear, I don't trust the Leisure Centre to sort this out properly. Did anyone who paid by cash get a receipt? People will have to show proof of purchase won't they? Or are they just going to exchange tickets for cash?! The multiple ticket holders will have a field day! And then they'll run out of cash like they did tickets...

I've emailed ticketmaster again because they didn't reply to my other one, if anyone has any news let us know! :thumb:

I'm going to ring TM in the morning about getting the refund without ticket, will post here if I make any progress.

You should have then received another like this...........

We are writing in reference to your order for
MORRISSEY at the Oasis Leisure Centre Swindon.

Please ignore the previous email which was sent to you in error. We do not
require you to send the tickets back, please be aware we have credited
you card with a full refund. If you have any questions please call our 24hr
ticketline on 0115 9129000.

With Regards,
See Tickets

:thumb:

After hearing that the Swindon concert was cancelled I rang Oasis and have been given my refund. The poor woman handling this is bracing herself today. All you need is the details of the credit card that you bought the ticket with.
Even the booking fee was returned so good service in the end!!

Off to Brentwood on Tuesday - fingers crossed!!

I'm enduring ticket master's waiting music as I type this. Took me a f***ing age just to get through to the machine, this is taking even longer

Good luck with that. I was on hold to TM for 10 minutes the other day. Do they charge for calls?

I've emailed this address twice [email protected] and they both bounced back - maybe they're not even contactable by email? Looks like See Tickets are handling this better than TM so far.

I gave up in the end and just put it down, after jumping through all the hoops and trying to connect to an actual operator I was on there for 15 minutes. I've emailed them too. Pretty sure it's a premium rate number too, great!

its immpossible to email Ticketmaster:mad:
I am going to phone them later today though i doubt ill get through
you would think they would at least update the message on the customer service page?
il post back if i find out anything usefull

I'm on hold now because want to speak to someone, but under the automated 'infomation on refunds' option they say if a gig's cancelled you don't need to send tickets back, they'll refund automatically and notify customers that they're doing so. Don't know if this is a new policy because of the Swindon fiasco!

You'd think they'd send us an email to let us know what's going on. They were quick enough to ask us to review the gig?!

Ok just got through, had to interrupt her script-read information on the gig - as if it hadn't happened yet! Was told that tickets will be sent out by secure post, cameras aren't allowed and a search will be required on the door. Haha. When I expained that it had already passed and been cancelled, she said they didn't know that (!!). She spoke to someone else, then said they don't yet have confirmation from Morrissey (!) or the venue that it's been cancelled. I said it definitely has, as Swindon Leisure Centre have confirmed it to their customers, and See Tickets have already issued refunds. But Ticketmaster haven't given their customers any information whatsoever.
She said she'll call me back, lets see if that happens. I don't want to spend much more of my time on this! I'll let you know...

(Or, unless Morrissey has decided to put on a special gig just for Ticketmaster customers? :))

I'm on hold now because want to speak to someone, but under the automated 'on ' optio this! I'll let you know...

(Or, unless Morrissey has decided to put on a special gig just for Ticketmaster customers? :))
:D

iv managed to get through to someone after 10 mins,they say they are waiting on official word form the cancellations team,then i will recieve an email about refund and not to worry about not having a ticket stubb,because each ticket has a unique reference number only the cardholder for that ticket will be entitled to a refund

Thank you for your email.

we are currently awaiting official confirmation from the promoter and venue of either a new date or cancellation procedures. As soon as we have been informed, all customers will be notified.

Kind Regards

:rolleyes: we all got told the same crap then. Terrible from ticketmaster.

I'm on hold now because want to speak to someone, but under the automated 'infomation on refunds' option they say if a gig's cancelled you don't need to send tickets back, they'll refund automatically and notify customers that they're doing so. Don't know if this is a new policy because of the Swindon fiasco!

You'd think they'd send us an email to let us know what's going on. They were quick enough to ask us to review the gig?!

Ok just got through, had to interrupt her script-read information on the gig - as if it hadn't happened yet! Was told that tickets will be sent out by secure post, cameras aren't allowed and a search will be required on the door. Haha. When I expained that it had already passed and been cancelled, she said they didn't know that (!!). She spoke to someone else, then said they don't yet have confirmation from Morrissey (!) or the venue that it's been cancelled. I said it definitely has, as Swindon Leisure Centre have confirmed it to their customers, and See Tickets have already issued refunds. But Ticketmaster haven't given their customers any information whatsoever.
She said she'll call me back, lets see if that happens. I don't want to spend much more of my time on this! I'll let you know...

now THAT would be funny, interesting how some people have said theyve been told it wont be rescheduled 'at this venue' does that hint at a gig thereabouts in the future though? mind you we'll all have to scramble for tixs again after most of us left empty handed,
unusual for ticketB to be so slow, ive had not a sinlge email yet.. might just check my bank for credits..

now THAT would be funny, interesting how some people have said theyve been told it wont be rescheduled 'at this venue' does that hint at a gig thereabouts in the future though? mind you we'll all have to scramble for tixs again after most of us left empty handed,
unusual for ticketB to be so slow, ive had not a sinlge email yet.. might just check my bank for credits..

I got a text from Ticketbastard on Mon Or Tues saying the gig had been cancelled :rolleyes: and they said they would email me. The only email I have had was asking me to review the gig :confused: Didnt get my ticket back either...

Good luck indeed with any refunds to all who attended the Swindon concert....Ticketmaster are, and always have been, in my opinion ( only twice this year...But NEVER again...) TOTAL CNUTS.

the "possible" problem at the Swindon show was maybe that the staff were taking the whole ticket to sell/pass on to their "Tout" mates outside...so they could sell 'em again... (...It happens....) but siht happened when Morrissey collapsed....

FCUK TicketDisaster...buy from a TOUT in future....what's the worse that can happen??? No refund???....at least the fooking Tout won't charge a Booking fee....and they can usually be cheaper....and serve you with a smile...
GOD, I f***ING HATE that company!!! Spineless bastards All.....

Back
Top Bottom