Returning Swindon Tickets

no, im still waiting for an email or phone call:mad: how long can it take the events team to sort it.
im not a fan of ticketmaster,but i would never buy from a tout.
at least with TM i have the law on my side.
the thing that annoys me most is you pay months in advance then you wait ages on the ticket to arrive,but they take ages to give refunds.
i had a problem before with a refund,i eventually got it but on that occasion it was the promoter who was at fault.

Afther two days I've got a e mail from See Tickets, if sending the mail with tickets to them our money would be refunded. Two days later they mentioned
that they require you to send the tickets back, they have credited
our card with a full refund. Never had any problems with See Tickets, the tickets always deliverd secure also at the venues abroad.. For this reason I always will choose them. Hope everything will be removed ok with Ticketmaster for you..!!

Hi everyone, Ticketmaster phoned me to say the gig has been cancelled (really?!) and they'll be refunding us automatically within the next few days. Wish it had been earlier, I planned to use that cash for a Salisbury ticket!

the "possible" problem at the Swindon show was maybe that the staff were taking the whole ticket to sell/pass on to their "Tout" mates outside...so they could sell 'em again... (...It happens....) but siht happened when Morrissey collapsed....

That's a scary thought. How do you know it happens? It would be another explanation for not getting our tickets back, but I think it's unlikely. It could cause huge problems health and safety wise. I did think that there were too many people for the size of the hall though - they were packed in right up to the back and the last people in must've been squeezed right against the door! Also, was there only one door for people to get in and out of? It took us ages to get out and we were towards the back!

I've still not received my refund from See Tickets!! Had the email that said it was automatically being done on Thursday but still nothing has hit my account. Is anyone else having this same problem? I'm bracing myself to ring them AGAIN to sort this mess out.

I e-mail the Oasis direct(this is where I got my ticket)
I just got this back.I think a phone call will me my next move.This is just am automated answer.

Morrissey Press Release : Morrissey Concert Tickets - Refund Arrangements

The holders of tickets for the abandoned Morrissey concert at the Oasis Leisure Centre, Swindon on Saturday 24 October will receive a refund after the promoter confirmed that there will not be a rescheduled concert at the venue.

The Oasis will contact all ticket holders by telephone on the numbers provided at the time of booking. When telephoned, ticket holders need to provide details of the card used for the booking, for security purposes.

Ticket holders who paid with cash, rather than by card, will need to go to Oasis to receive their refund, which will be paid in cash. They will need suitable ID. The refund will include the £2.50 per ticket booking fee.

"Those who bought tickets from ticket agencies should contact them for a refund.

ive recieved a phone call and email from Ticketmaster informing me i will get a refund and to allow 15days for it to reach my account.
Ticketmaster have updated thier customer service page about Swindon and Bournmouth

Hi everyone, Ticketmaster phoned me to say the gig has been cancelled (really?!) and they'll be refunding us automatically within the next few days. Wish it had been earlier, I planned to use that cash for a Salisbury ticket!

That's a scary thought. How do you know it happens? It would be another explanation for not getting our tickets back, but I think it's unlikely. It could cause huge problems health and safety wise. I did think that there were too many people for the size of the hall though - they were packed in right up to the back and the last people in must've been squeezed right against the door! Also, was there only one door for people to get in and out of? It took us ages to get out and we were towards the back!

RE the ticket "Re-selling/passing on to Tout mates outside":-
I have Actually seen this happening at U2 gigs before now, and the Waterboys ( ...anyone still remember them???) and at a few other gigs....I also once had a mate who "worked" the doors as security....he told me they make a few bob doing it....I don't think "Health and safety" are on their minds when there is a quick pretty penny to be made....

Last edited:
Have just been refunded in full by the Ebay seller I got my swindon tickets from.
He has had an email from ticketmaster to say he'll be refunded shortly.

Thank god for salisbury :)

I just rang the Oasis.(I booked direct)
I was on the list the young lady was working though.She would have got to me about Monday.Anyway she did mine over the phone.So I'm sorted.I haven't checked the bank yet,it might take a day to go though.
She said she was up to H.
Nice girl very pleasant,bit pissed off with the job she's been landed with mind.

Back
Top Bottom