Returning Swindon Tickets

mozza5426

I was unfortunately at the Swindon gig where it all went wrong for moz. We were told that tickets can be returned for a refund. However, i would rather he reschedule it really, but what do i do? Will something be put on the website to inform us because i havent seen anything yet about it. Hope morrissey is okay, and fit for Sheffield on Friday.

Yes, they need to clarify all of this quickly. I'd rather a rescheduled date too, but there must be a limit on how long we can leave it before contacting Ticketmaster etc.

Did you get a stub on the way out? I went out the side door (turn left rather than going to the main entrance after leaving the hall) so didn't. Is my reference code for the order going to be enough?

This was just posted on itsmorrisseysworld.com

MORRISSEY: SWINDON AND BOURNEMOUTH 26/10/09
This follows his hospitalisation on Saturday night in Swindon. Morrissey has now been released from hospital and is under doctors’ instruction to rest.

Ticket holders for Bournemouth Academy and the abandoned Swindon Oasis concert are advised to hold on to their tickets and await news regarding potential new dates or refund. Customers will be notified where possible and full information posted with ticket outlets and venues.

Event organisers apologise for this unavoidable situation

Same thing happened to me Ultraglide re the tickets. I can't believe they took the whole thing and not just the stubb from us at the doors?! Badly organised really. I'm not sure what to do now as i too went out of the side exit, as directed by the staff there. Glad i'm not the only one! I've got my receipt though and have emailed See Tickets to ask what they advise. I don't want a refund, i want to be able to see Moz again!! I will post on here once i get a reply in case others are in the same situation.

I'm new here btw so hello!

i didnt get a ticket stubb back iether.
I did phone the venue and they are advising that you contact the company who supplied the tickets.
Ticketmaster have a message on thier customer service page(go to FAQ,you have to go to page 14.)
I was assured from the venue that you dont need the ticket stubb.
i was very annyed they took the whole ticket:mad:
hope this helps some of you

Thanks for letting us know mememe as i was going to phone the venue itself but i won't now i know they are referring us to the vendors. Hopefully we can get some clarification where we all stand on this as obviously not all of us got our tickets back.

Apparently there was an announcment telling us we could get them back at the main exit? I didn't hear this and was advised to leave by another exit by staff members so i'm guessing they hadn't heard that either! All very annoying but hopefully i'll get sorted.

i was one of the ones who went to the main entrance and got my ticket back. but would rather he reschedule at a later date than get my money back

just to say i noticed Ticketmaster have moved the message to p12 now.
why cant they put new messages on the first page:mad:

i was one of the ones who went to the main entrance and got my ticket back. but would rather he reschedule at a later date than get my money back
i dont mind if its rescheduled or cancelled as long as i get a new ticket or my money back.
what concerned me as i was one of the last out of the hall.they had no stubs left, this is because they had no record of who they were giving them too.
i did hear that some greedy people collected more than one,hoping to cash in::mad:
However i am assured that only the person who paid for the ticket will recieve a new ticket or refund.
im trying not to get stressed:straightface:

Last edited:
My guess is that if the gig should be rescheduled, that the will cancel the tickets for last Saturday's concert and issue new ones.
Both Ticketmaster and Seetickets can trace exactly who bought how many tickets so they will contact everybody about this matter and solve this.

Looks like we're going to have to hold tight for a bit, going on the Ticketmaster FAQ. I think I'lll give it until Thursday, they should know by then what is happening (I assume it all hangs on the RAH show and whether he feels he can do another date at the end of the tour)

I e-mailed this morning and got a reply just minutes ago.

Press Release : Morrissey Swindon and Bournemouth.

The Morrissey concert at Bournemouth Academy on Monday 26th October will not take place on medical advice.

This follows his hospitalisation on Saturday night in Swindon. Morrissey has now been released from hospital and is under doctors instruction to rest.

Ticket holders for the abandoned Swindon Oasis concert are advised to hold on to their tickets and await news regarding potential new dates or refund. Customers will be notified where possible and full information posted with ticket outlets and venues.

If a refund is due customers will need to present their tickets and the credit/debit card the tickets were purchased with. Those customers who do not still have their tickets the Oasis Leisure Centre will work with to return any refund due.

Event organisers apologise for this unavoidable situation.

I have the same problem - I knew they were handing tickets back to people at the door (heard the announcement) but by the time I got there (after waiting a while!) we were told they weren’t (!), and to contact Ticketmaster, who would definitely give us refunds upon showing proof of purchase. I didn’t think for one minute he’d know this for sure, but he refused to give us tickets and asked us to leave, so that was that! He did also say that the guy on the door made a mistake and shouldn’t have taken the whole ticket at the door). I’ve since heard that some people were asking for more than one ticket back - what selfish b****rds they must be - and actually getting them!! How on earth would this work, what were the venue staff thinking?!

Anyway, I've just been on the phone to Ticketmaster, (I couldn’t see it on their FAQ section?) Was on hold for 10 mins so to save any of you doing the same thing, this is what happened! At first I was told that their policy is that they can’t issue refunds without tickets. I explained that I understood that, but this case is different – the venue took the tickets off us, and didn’t give them back. He discussed it with the others and came back to say that they’re aware of the problem as lots of people have called, and they’re thinking of the best way to solve it. He said they may have to re-issue new tickets to everyone, and make the old ones invalid. So, looks like there’s a chance it’ll be re-scheduled! Although I’d love to see him I don’t personally think it’s a good idea - he needs to rest, he really does!

I got a recorded message off Ticket Master about an hour ago, it was just the standard "keep hold of your ticket" (y'know, the ones we don't have) message.

Your phone call sounds promising though, hopefully it's rescheduled, assuming he is ok to continue the tour. They're going to have a nightmare doing refunds, would probably be TM's prefered option too.

after recieving an automated phone call informing me that i should keep my ticket,i phoned Ticketmaster (not an easy task) and i am now waiting on a call back as they were not aware of the situation.
They are not happy that the whole ticket was taken off us.
i am very angry with the venue staff,they told me this morning i dont need the ticket:mad::mad:
as someone has said before they are going to have to issue new tickets

Yeah, this is going to take weeks. Looks like it will be new tickets just so we can then return them. Hopefully, though, Moz just sticks a new date on tetour. Maybe in the 3 day gap between German and Ireland? Doubtful though, I still think the whole thing is going to end up cancelled.

I expect people who bought on ebay will get their refund/new ticket from the seller, (who will get theirs from the vendor). I don't see any reason why this wouldn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom