Rick Astley Twitter: Rick Astley & Blossoms perform the songs of The Smiths - 2 Smiths-themed concerts in October (September 14, 2021)

IMG_20210914_174101.jpg

Further to today's coverage of their Smiths covers, Rick Astley & Blossoms are playing 2 special Smiths-themed gigs in October.
Thanks to @davidt for the information.
Confirmed via ticket outlets:

(Link courtesy of @Uncleskinny)

full

Tweet posted by Surface:

Related item:
Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure what was record-breaking about the residency either, but I can relate to the sentiment. Morrissey's Las Vegas residency was completed against all odds - quite a feat in this day and age - but barely received any media attention and now The Independent and the Twitter mob are turning this fun and harmless event involving Rick Astley into yet another excuse to ridicule Morrissey and downplay his role in the Smiths/musical history.

I wonder how Rick Astley feels about all of this. He seems to be a genuine fan but now the media/Twitter mob use him as a pawn to mock Morrissey. I doubt that was his intention or that he would even consider himself a suitable replacement for Morrissey.
Rick A is an advantageous should embarrass him and a true fan does not do these repulsive things Moz has no replacements no one can ever sing The Smiths as his singer. Morrissey is unique, this fool wants to imitate him by playing with the microphone cable 0 personality is as ridiculous as his name: Rick

Rick A is an advantageous should embarrass him and a true fan does not do these repulsive things Moz has no replacements no one can ever sing The Smiths as his singer. Morrissey is unique, this fool wants to imitate him by playing with the microphone cable 0 personality is as ridiculous as his name: Rick

He said he wanted to do this in 2016, throwing personal insults at a fellow Morrissey fan is pretty poor in my opinion.

God f***ing dammit... Something as inoccuous as Rick Astley covering the Smiths somehow winds up revolving around Johnny Marr. All thanks to the usual nutcases. I like Ketamine Sun, but she's been in tatters in this thread.

It's possible to like both the Smiths and Morrissey solo
It's possible to accept that both Morrissey and Marr were the foundation of the Smiths.
It's possible to like Johnny Marr and Morrissey.
All of this is possible without diminishing one's love of Morrissey one tiny bit.

Money is the answer, I can't find a relationship between R Astley's laa.musica and MOZ, luckily!! . These people hang on M and M to make money

Rick Astley is a big Smiths fan. He said in an interview with the Rolling Stone:

"...one day I'm going to do a gig in Manchester where I'm going to sing [all] Smiths songs because I absolutely love the Smiths."

The article was actually posted on Morrissey-Solo, at the time of publication.

And it would also seem that lots of you so called "Morrissey fans" (who in reality only appeared in the last few years) are forgetting that Morrissey used a picture of him and Rick Astley as the cover for the reissue of International Playboys.

Attachments

• 35653956.jpg
    35653956.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 0
What a kerfuffle this thread has turned into, from something so beautiful and positive to poor olde Rick being hung drawn then 4kin Quartered.....

I hope ket sun can gather her self together as she’s in tatters📉📉

And of course the fake vegan who hasn’t even heard of Rick, or what this thread is actually about.

In conclusion......

Rick is a good person, a good singer,
And most importantly he’s a smiths/ moz fan .. yes he’s one of US.

What a kerfuffle this thread has turned into, from something so beautiful and positive to poor olde Rick being hung drawn then 4kin Quartered.....

I hope ket sun can gather her self together as she’s in tatters📉📉

And of course the fake vegan who hasn’t even heard of Rick, or what this thread is actually about.

In conclusion......

Rick is a good person, a good singer,
And most importantly he’s a smiths/ moz fan .. yes he’s one of US.

I'll definitely be getting a ticket for Manchester tomorrow. Blossoms were great live when I saw them at Albert Hall (and Stockport is my home town), and Rick is just a nice guy.

I can remember someone saying (Kim Wilde perhaps) that they were on the same bill one night, when they were outside Ricks dressing room door, on the door was his name Rick Astley, and apparently he got a pen and beside his name wrote “IS SHIT”
A true star 😆

Says a vegan! Oh, guardian journalist…

I'll definitely be getting a ticket for Manchester tomorrow. Blossoms were great live when I saw them at Albert Hall (and Stockport is my home town), and Rick is just a nice guy.
:rolleyes:
where you going to get the money for the ticket?
borrow on the dole?

:hammer:

:)

rick assly and the blowers will position :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: on the roof, same position
he had at that embarrassing billy elish teenaged show:lbf:
so nobody can make out who it is, maybe someone checking the roof for
cracks.
that is, if Salsa gives his troll ok:lbf:

:hammer:

Some woke zombies using a nice-bland-inoffensive cover concert to cancel Morrissey and replace him with Rick Astley, rewriting the whole Smiths story (« Morrissey was less important than the maid at Rough Trade »)… is pure comedy gold.
I can’t wait for the day a Smiths covers album (by Astley or anybody else) is released and some woke zombie posts something like « Now I can enjoy the Smiths again. And you know what ? It’s even better !!! » with a picture of his Queen is Dead original CD in the trash.

Some woke zombies using a nice-bland-inoffensive cover concert to cancel Morrissey and replace him with Rick Astley, rewriting the whole Smiths story (« Morrissey was less important than the maid at Rough Trade »)… is pure comedy gold.
I can’t wait for the day a Smiths covers album (by Astley or anybody else) is released and some woke zombie posts something like « Now I can enjoy the Smiths again. And you know what ? It’s even better !!! » with a picture of his Queen is Dead original CD in the trash.

You alright, lad? It's just a bit of fun! Enjoy yourself.

Please show proof of these so called ‘tatters’ as you see it?

What posts of mine ? I’d like to discuss them with you.
Well, your inane back-n-forth with Surface a few pages back (bless him for even trying to be reasonable with you) and the fact that you’re trying your utmost to convince yourself and others that these concerts are cash grabs for Johnny Marr (of all people) and a way of ridiculing our darling Morrissey.
I most definitely will not be ‘discussing’ this with you, however. That would take up far too much time. But since you asked, these are my two cents. I hope you realize that everyone isn’t out to get Morrissey, and you are not his protector. And it is perfectly okay to be neutral about these upcoming Astley shows (or even be positive), this will not mean that you are less of a Morrissey fan.

Well, your inane back-n-forth with Surface a few pages back

Reply to those posts of mine you have an issue with, let’s discuss them.

(bless him for even trying to be reasonable with you) and the fact that you’re

I believe Surface understood the joke in some of my posts, other than that was the discussion of the Classically Smiths debacle. I thought our back n forth quite civil to be honest.

trying your utmost to convince yourself and others that these concerts are cash grabs for Johnny Marr (of all people)

IT WAS A FUUCKING JOKE !

thought it obvious.

and a way of ridiculing our darling Morrissey.

Where did I say that?

I most definitely will not be ‘discussing’ this with you, however. That would take up far too much time.
:lbf:
I hope you realize that everyone isn’t out to get Morrissey, and you are not his protector.

No !? really? jfc

And it is perfectly okay to be neutral about these upcoming Astley shows (or even be positive),
Sure, I don’t care.

this will not mean that you are less of a Morrissey fan.

Where did I say that they were not Moz fans for liking this?

Show us.

You have nothing.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom