been here two days now, its very intense
the sights, the sounds, the smells
if I had one word to describe this place its:
alive
I'll post more when have my own internet connection and upload my own pics
thats all for now :guitar:

Glad you made it there safely.

Look forward to your next post.

Good luck Robby! How long are you going to stay in China?

Enjoy yourself Robby!

doing my best to do that, had one night on the town with an English bloke, got up to all sorts of trouble :squiffy::p

Good luck Robby! How long are you going to stay in China?
my contract is for a year :straightface: but the first 3 months are on probation :eek:

some issues so far, took pics but cannot upload to my photobucket until I get a "vpn" thingie or something :confused:

also, all the "eye candy" here :horny: was a bit overwhelming, but strangely enough you get use to it after a while :o
then you just settle down and do the work, which there is plenty of, they are very, very hardworking people here
I know its a cliche thing to say, but it does rub off on you when you work around Chinese people everyday
oh and one thing I pass by on the way to and from "school" to my apartment is:
55843632.jpg

when I pass it in the morning, I know its one more stop til I get off...

I've been to China a few times. Loved it all. Mostly Shanghai/Hangzhou but also Guangzhou/Shenzhen/Hong Kong. Tremendous seeing stuff I'll never see again.

P.

Come on Robby feed us.
not much time off here to do more than eat, drink and sleep right now, but I'll try to do some sightseeing eventually!

I've been to China a few times. Loved it all. Mostly Shanghai/Hangzhou but also Guangzhou/Shenzhen/Hong Kong. Tremendous seeing stuff I'll never see again.

P.
great you made it out this way though, as for me, I am going to HK at some point during the summer

OK, now for some photos
SAM_4058_zps78273d6e.jpg

this "code" tells you where I live, except for the floor and apartment number, which happens to be
SAM_4060_zps67486801.jpg

10 floors up, this pic taking in the morning before the heat has burned off the moisture, lot of mist in the air here, not smog
SAM_4065_zps19cca6c3.jpg

the view down from my bedroom window, good thing I am not afraid of heights or suicidal
SAM_4064_zpsf9ac700c.jpg

the first thing I bought here
SAM_4084_zpsea06efa8.jpg

if I get kicked out of the country, this English bloke was probably, somehow involved
one day a week, I don't teach at our "EF" offices, instead I go to a Chinese run school, its abbreviation is called "CFLS"
but everyone just calls it "Syphilis", so now I got syphilis every Wednesday, next time I will try and upload picks of the school
but here are two of my fave signs next to doors I saw in one of the hallways there
SAM_4093_zps9d45effa.jpg

where the bad kids are sent?
SAM_4094_zps012c473e.jpg

& perhaps where kids are awarded things?

I don't know, a lot of ceremonies and such here, but hey, these just read as funny to me
what do I know?

until last night, I'd been good boy here in China :o
but last night a beautiful girl invited me to "Jellyfish" at around 11 pm and while I should have just said it was too late
she really is gorgeous and she speaks English and even knows who Morrissey is! :eek:
still, what she did is introduce me to an older friend of hers :cool:
now by that I mean a woman in her 30s
but who speaks no English, however, we just kept drinking, N. then went home
and somehow, some way, I ended up at her friend's place, Y.
so yeah, China is fine, but waking this morning in a strange place with a woman I cannot speak to was bit disturbing :confused:
still, only in China baby :squiffy::p

Last edited:
but last night a beautiful girl invited me to "Jellyfish" at around 11 pm and while I should have just said it was too late
she really is gorgeous and she speaks English and even knows who Morrissey is! :eek:
and somehow, some way, I ended up at here friend's place, Y.
so yeah, China is fine, but waking this morning in a strange place with a woman I cannot speak to was bit disturbing :confused:

Wow! That happened to my friend too.

and somehow, some way, I ended up at here friend's place, Y.

Come on now! That is exactly why you went to China--not to teach.

and somehow, some way, I ended up at her friend's place, Y.

This is the only Chinese you need to understand:

把金钱放在梳妆台上

Back
Top Bottom