Royal Albert Hall gig is on!!

Kewpie

Subscriber
http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/48047

Morrissey to resume tour in London following onstage collapse

Former Smiths singer well enough to continue tour

Morrissey has confirmed that he play his London Royal Albert Hall date tomorrow (October 27) despite his on-stage collapse at the Swindon Oasis Leisure Centre on Saturday (October 24).

The Smiths' former singer was released from hospital yesterday after collapsing just after playing the opening song at the gig. He postponed a show tonight (October 26) at the Bournemouth Academy, but his spokesperson told NME.COM that tomorrow's London show is still set to go ahead.

Fans have been asked to stand by for refund and potential rescheduling gigs for the Swindon and Bournemouth shows.

Following the London show Morrissey is scheduled to continue to tour the UK and Ireland, wrapping up the jaunt on November 23 in Dublin.

Re: RAH is on!!

Hurrah!

Why did I have to look at the bloody Birmingham setlist now!!

Great news.

Down in Bournemouth for the week and tonight was the highlight of the week so I just booked Salisbury as a fall back thinking it would be unlikely so the fact that RAH is on is great news and hopefully means the collapse wasn't as serious as it could have been.

Don't want to put a damper on this but are the NME known for their Morrissey scoops.
I'd rather hear it from another source but have to admit I am more than a little excited.

Morrissey to resume tour in London following onstage collapse

Morrissey has confirmed that he play his London Royal Albert Hall date tomorrow (October 27) despite his on-stage collapse at the Swindon Oasis Leisure Centre on Saturday (October 24).

The Smiths' former singer was released from hospital yesterday after collapsing just after playing the opening song at the gig. He postponed a show tonight (October 26) at the Bournemouth Academy, but his spokesperson told NME.COM that tomorrow's London show is still set to go ahead.

Fans have been asked to stand by for refund and potential rescheduling gigs for the Swindon and Bournemouth shows.

Following the London show Morrissey is scheduled to continue to tour the UK and Ireland, wrapping up the jaunt on November 23 in Dublin

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/48047

Re: Morrissey to resume tour in London following onstage collapse

I'm moist.

Re: Morrissey to resume tour in London following onstage collapse

Great news. RAH has all the makings for a class gig.

I think it's verging on the insane.

After hearing the gig is still on I thought I'd nab a ticket off of seetickets.com as they seem to still have some restricted viewing seats left. However, after I enter my details the order wont complete because it says the seat I'm trying for has gone. Has it completely sold out then? Is it an error that seetickets claim to still have some?

After hearing the gig is still on I thought I'd nab a ticket off of seetickets.com as they seem to still have some restricted viewing seats left. However, after I enter my details the order wont complete because it says the seat I'm trying for has gone. Has it completely sold out then? Is it an error that seetickets claim to still have some?

I'm afraid it's typical of SeeTickets.

You should keep checking Marketplace forum or gumtree.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Try scarletmist.com too...I hate seetickets/ticketmaster.

I'd also like a more official word on this gig!

Great news.

Even though I'm still bit worried, 'cause probably he really needs rest and then he just starts touring again. But I trust him, so maybe he knows what he's doing.

Last edited:
I think it's verging on the insane.

depends on what was wrong with him.
if it was food poisoning (for example) and he's clearly got over it, fair enough.
if it was something more serious then it does seem like a bad idea to continue with the tour. I can't decide whether to go...

Tags
hope he's ok moistissey no good dead
Back
Top Bottom