Royal Albert Hall gig is on!!

from davidautoKratz via Twitter
38948369.jpg

wow!!!!:horny:

moz was great tonight. Seemed happy and was jokey too. Highlights for me were teenage dad, strange and nowhere fast, cemetry gates was fab too

Fantastic!!!

Morrissey was in great form tonight. Huge ovation when he arrived. He was very energetic and appeared to be enjoying himself. What a relief! Crowd seemed a bit tame to me though.

moz was great tonight. Seemed happy and was jokey too. Highlights for me were teenage dad, strange and nowhere fast, cemetry gates was fab too

I'm so jealous orm, I'm glad you had a good night. Are you tempted to come to Liverpool?:D
Morrissey looked really good in the photo on this thread.:horny:
Did he look well to you?

went at the v last minute (got a standing ticket for £25) and glad I did.
all in all it was a good pop concert. Moz on fine form, looked and sounded great.
the new keyboard player was good; some nice BVs, loved the mouth organ in Oh Glen and accordion in Why Don't You, but a shame he didn't play the trumpet in Carol or Goodbye.
the 'new' Smiths song were fantastic; probably the highlight for me. those Johnny Marr guitar parts in Nowhere Fast and Cemetery Gates sounded wonderful. even enjoyed First of the Gang in the encore which I thought I was sick of.
last time I was at the RAH was Morrissey's 2002 concert, seven whole years ago. shit! first time he'd played Crashing Bore, Irish Blood and FOTG in the UK.
biggest gripe from tonight was the setlist. there are many wonderful songs on Swords (Walk Tall, NPS, Friday, Shame etc) but he didn't play any of them. in fact, during the December 2004 he probably played more Swords material.
will be a fun tour - go along if you can. I'll consider Ally Pally but only if setlist changes a fair amount between now and then; not v likely.

What a fantastic show! This is the first Moz gig I've been to, and I had a great time. He was looking fit and healthy, and generally in high spirits. Some entertaining banter too, he told us to "forget about Ally Pally, and stay home and watch..." before someone shouted "SWINDON!" thereby interrupting him. My highlight was actually Ganglord, and also Nowhere Fast, which sounded pretty big. Also met some very lovely people too, made the 8 hour queuing up a bit more bearable!!

Here are some photos I took:
imag2546.jpg

imag2542copy.jpg

imag2548.jpg

Last edited:
What a fantastic show! This is the first Moz gig I've been to, and I had a great time. He was looking fit and healthy, and generally in high spirits. Some entertaining banter too, he told us to "forget about Ally Pally, and stay home and watch..." before someone shouted "SWINDON!" thereby interrupting him. My highlight was actually Ganglord, and also Nowhere Fast, which sounded pretty big.

Here are some photos I took:
imag2546.jpg

imag2542copy.jpg

imag2548.jpg

Great pics - thanks! This is what I missed on Saturday :tears:

All back to normal then? Let's hope so.......this is all good news :)

No need to go to a gig now that ever bugger is twittering :(

Only banter I can remember (that hasn't been twittered) was that he dedicated cemetery gates to Linda Sterling.

Someone at the front gave him an LP with James Dean on the cover (no idea what album) and Moz propped it up against the drum kit for the rest of the gig.

I thought that new keyboard player (Gustav?) did well - harmonica on oh glen really stood out. Boz really looked like he was enjoying himself.

I bought a t-shirt with a Moz / RAH coat of arms on it as it won't be on sale anywhere else.

Can't wait for Leeds now - roll on Thursday.

Dave

Last edited:
moz.jpg

One of the best ones I got from 2nite - friend behind me took it just b4 Moz shook my hand - if anyone got shots from when he sat on the the speakers at the end please PM

moz.jpg

One of the best ones I got from 2nite - friend behind me took it just b4 Moz shook my hand - if anyone got shots from when he sat on the the speakers at the end please PM

I remember seeing you coz ud mentioned earlier ud be in pink socks right?
No I was the shaved head bloke next to them 2 girls (journos btw) with Moz lipstick T-shirt.

Ah, i remember looking around and seeing the woman, she was wided eyed with love, it was fantastic. Shortly after she shook his hand she seemed to explode! :D

Ah, i remember looking around and seeing the woman, she was wided eyed with love, it was fantastic. Shortly after she shook his hand she seemed to explode! :D

Yep they sure enjoyed themselves (ill wait for their heat mag review lol), I waited til he lost his balance on the speakers to pounce for my turn LOL was being a bit too polite, thought hell go for it will never get that close again in such good seats, I floated home LOL ....

Yep they sure enjoyed themselves (ill wait for their heat mag review lol), I waited til he lost his balance on the speakers to pounce for my turn LOL was being a bit too polite, thought hell go for it will never get that close again in such good seats, I floated home LOL ....

True. I couldn't reach him, though he is such a tease.

Tags
hope he's ok moistissey no good dead
Back
Top Bottom