Royce Pierreson has been cast as Dr. John Watson

A

Anonymous

I don't know why the film and tv industry keep doing this. This time they've gone and cast Royce Pierreson as Dr. John Watson in The Irregulars.

"The Irregulars is an upcoming British-American crime drama streaming television series developed by Drama Republic for Netflix. Based on the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, it features the Baker Street Irregulars working for Dr Watson saving London from supernatural elements.[2]"

ti_101_unit_00402_rt.jpg

Netflix are set to announce an adaptation of Harper Lee's classic, To Kill A Mockingbird. Apparently, and this is just a rumour atm circulating on Twitter, Idris Elba is starring as Atticus Finch and Benedict Cumberbatch is set to star as Tom Robinson. The plot has yet to be leaked, however, there are hints that it will contain "science fiction elements". Sounds interesting. I'll update this thread when I hear more.

This is where we get angry because black people are being hired as actors? It reminds me of the "two minute hate."

Netflix are set to announce an adaptation of Harper Lee's classic, To Kill A Mockingbird. Apparently, and this is just a rumour atm circulating on Twitter, Idris Elba is starring as Atticus Finch and Benedict Cumberbatch is set to star as Tom Robinson. The plot has yet to be leaked, however, there are hints that it will contain "science fiction elements". Sounds interesting. I'll update this thread when I hear more.

Update:

SFFWorld are reporting that Netflix have confirmed that To Kill A Mockingbird takes place aboard a generation ship. It sounds like they've merged two novels here: To Kill A Mockingbird and Brian Aldiss' Non-Stop. This could be epic.

Update:

More cast info here:

Benedict Cumberbatch - Mayella Ewell

Helena Bonham Carter - Arthur 'Boo' Radley

Samuel L Jackson - Scout

Jennifer Lawrence - Jem

So Benedict Cumberbatch plays both Tom Robinson and Mayella Ewell. Which means that Benedict Cumberbatch accuses himself of raping himself. This is shaping up to be a truely modern take on a classic novel with an interesting cast.

Star Wars had one black person and he was a traitor. Later on they kind of retconned that but it was too late. They're out in space and everyone that's not a robot or a fursona is white. What's up with that?

Benedict Cumberbitch comes from a slave-owning family and should be cancelled for a remark he made a couple of years ago. I forget now what he said.

To get ready for the Netflix adaptation, you can watch the 1962 version of To Kill A Mockingbird for free here:

That version, as good as it is, seems antiquated compared to that Netflix adaptation. I mean, adaptations that stick close to the source material is old hat these days. Who wants to watch adaptations of their favourite books only to see those books faithfully recreated on film?

truman capote wrote to kill a mockingbird. everybody knows that.

Who wants to watch a remake/adaptation when the original version could never be bettered? Remakes are just the spawn of uncreative minds, it’s all, just quick product and quick dollar.

Its not surprising to find that most don’t even know that there is an original version. :(

There’s nothing wrong with enjoying the classics.

Yeah, nothing wrong with enjoying the classics.

The modern adaptation of To Kill A Mockingbird, mentioned above, is to be directed by the Wachowskis.

Sir Gawain was Indian. According to The Green Knight film. Starring Dev Patel as Sir Gawain.

David Copperfield and now Sir Gawain. Funny old world isn't it?

One day there'll be a film on Dylan and Dev Patel will probably play Dylan.

One day there'll be a film on The Beatles and Dev Patel will probably play Lennon.

One day there'll be a film on [Enter subject here] and Dev Patel will probably play [enter subject here].

Sir Gawain was Indian. According to The Green Knight film. Starring Dev Patel as Sir Gawain.

David Copperfield and now Sir Gawain. Funny old world isn't it?

One day there'll be a film on Dylan and Dev Patel will probably play Dylan.

One day there'll be a film on The Beatles and Dev Patel will probably play Lennon.

One day there'll be a film on [Enter subject here] and Dev Patel will probably play [enter subject here].
Who gives a shit?

One time Cate Blanchett played Dylan and, as far as I know, Dylan isn't a woman.

It's a good thing the white nationalists have @Born to Harangue in the street doing all that tough groundwork like prowling an underpopulated Morrissey forum and clicking the "thumbs down" button. Can we get this white genocide rolling already?

Last edited:
It's a good thing the white nationalists have @Born to Harangue in the street doing all that tough groundwork like prowling an underpopulated Morrissey and clicking the "thumbs down" button. Can we get this white genocide rolling already?

Forget about other users on here.

Have you read David Copperfield by Charles Dickens?

Back
Top Bottom