Official Facebook "#RSDFillTheGap" (April 18, 2020)

"Whilst we ask you to wait patiently for the coveted Morrissey RSD 2020 release, please support your local independent record stores by filling those gaps in your Morrissey library. Share your favourite finds in the comments below!"

FB_IMG_1587217568436.jpg
FB_IMG_1587217687770.jpg

I'm glad they are acknowledging this as still happening - I would have been queuing early today for an event I always enjoy.
So a tentative June 20th as the new RSD date for the collectible's release - all being well with the World.
For anyone interested, Parlophone have put what was an exclusive vinyl only ChangesNowBowie up on Spotify to stream as a way of marking what was today's RSD too.
Regards,
FWD.

Rithisjohn

its only on hold,it will happen at some point.

“People are dying. Preorder my RSD release and don’t complain if it’s delayed. Meantime, buy another copy from my overstock. I’m vegan and I’m starving.”

Morrissey is such a f***ing scraper.

“People are dying. Preorder my RSD release and don’t complain if it’s delayed. Meantime, buy another copy from my overstock. I’m vegan and I’m starving.”

Lol...I was wondering how long it would take.

People die every day all the time. All sound studies show this virus has the same infection death rate as a severe flu strain. Oversold and overhyped by media and politicians with an agenda.

People die every day all the time. All sound studies show this virus has the same infection death rate as a severe flu strain. Oversold and overhyped by media and politicians with an agenda.
5G and a shitty Lady Gags concert to buy masks and testing kits for Bill Gates.You'd be better off looking at the RSD poster for 6 hours.

I have to say that I hate Record Store Day.
I have queued for hours in the past and still not got the records I wanted. Yet I can guarantee I can find anything on Ebay, often before the official RSD at a massive mark up!
Can someone explain how this is "supporting your local independent record store"?
It is obvious to me that some independent record stores are quite happy to put the records on Ebay for a fat profit and f*** the poor souls in the queue outside.

I have queued for hours in the past and still not got the records I wanted. Yet I can guarantee I can find anything on Ebay, often before the official RSD at a massive mark up!
Can someone explain how this is "supporting your local independent record store"?
It is obvious to me that some independent record stores are quite happy to put the records on Ebay for a fat profit and f*** the poor souls in the queue outside.
Yes. From my experience it is a pointless, fruitless, exercise—if it’s desirable it won’t be available. And it probably never was.

Supporting your local record store has nothing to do with unscrupulous ebay sellers/stores who break RSD rules and sell early or (mainly imho) send in several shills in the queue to fulfil ebay orders posted prior to the day (RSD do police this and have acted in the past). In this context, support simply means find a reason to spend some money in your local music shop (assuming it's doing mail order or open at all).
Apparently, Morrissey is the Antichrist for daring to post the same information as other artists, labels and stores are doing as part of a national campagin to get people buying music.
I know from talking to my local indie that RSD makes them enough to survive quieter times in the year and is essential to stay afloat. Some do wants lists and well established sellers won't go the crappy route of becoming ebay scum.
I'm sorry people have experienced that kind of negative garbage from something that I've always found enjoyable.
Regards,
FWD.

Yes. From my experience it is a pointless, fruitless, exercise—if it’s desirable it won’t be available. And it probably never was.
Never been into RSD if you want a song, record you will get it somehow, someway

The main thing is to bung shops you love some cash when you can - special events can be marmite.

never pay over the odds for anything especially from ebay.the staff in the small records shops will always have first pick.

Nobody with morals is thinking about buying records while the world suffers around them.

Now what you have done here is confirm to the 17 people who still use this site that you are a moron. Is that a good feeling? Perhaps it's a cry for help? Anyway, I wish you well.

Now what you have done here is confirm to the 17 people who still use this site that you are a moron. Is that a good feeling? Perhaps it's a cry for help? Anyway, I wish you well.

It's 14 actually..3 of the 17 users are skinny.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom