Russell Brand explains Morrissey to Howard Stern

An anonymous person writes:

In this morning's broadcast (June 11), Howard Stern interviewed Russell Brand and, among other topics, mentioned a particular meeting b/w Brand and Morrissey. Stern first mentioned that Morrissey was Brand’s “hero” before describing a meeting Brand had with Morrissey during which an "endowed" woman passed by. Stern described hearing that Brand was so taken by the woman that he could not focus on the rest of the meeting with Morrissey.

Brand admitted it, stating that men are "wired" to react to certain things, with himself being no exception, and that he actually left the meeting with Moz to go pursue said cleavage. Stern asked why he was not familiar with Morrissey's work (but knew of the Kimmel cancellation) and asked for a track to be played. Brand stated that Moz was a “genius”, an “instigator”, and a “rebel-rouser” and recommended "HSIN?", a small portion of which was promptly played (Brand re-stating each line after it was sung).

Brand also described Morrissey as being one who makes those feelings about your own inadequacies (alone, unloved) seem heroic and beautiful. Stern, upon hearing the track, mentioned it was something he could listen to. He also asked if Moz “gets laid” and Russell responded “of course not”.

UPDATE June 18:

As posted by in the comments by kissmyshadestoo, Howard Stern walked on to "Get Off The Stage" on the June 17th "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon".

markmustb1 sends more details:

Howard Stern Brought out to Morrissey song on Jimmy Fallon.
Howard Stern was on Jimmy Fallon Monday night and immediately took issue with The Roots' walk-on music selection.
After being announced (music and applause) Before sitting down,He asked "what song is that?"
Jimmy and the band leader both said "Get off the Stage by Morrissey" His response was
"Morrissey ? you got a better song in you then that ,I don't even know Morrissey.
He turned to the crowd and asked "Is anyone into Morrissey?" after a nice applause
He waved his hand and called them " lying dogs" then asked the band leader "why that song?,
don't you pick out a song that exemplifies who I am ? the band leader said
"well, you're a judge on America's got talent..so"

Clip of Howard Stern walking on Jimmy Fallon (mp4, 76.3 MB).

Last edited by a moderator:
"and recommended "HSIN?", a small portion of which was promptly played (Brand re-stating each line after it was sung). "
I wonder why he did'nt recommend any of Ste-Mo's latest offerings ? (Crying with laughter my stomach is hurting ha ha ha)

Hooky

What do you see in BR? He might be nice in person, but I recently saw him in a Monthy Python documentary and he was so pedantic it was painful to hear. Everyone there was far more intelligent than him, but he kept saying the most obvious asserts with such affectation I felt pity for him. Does he have any relative or friend to tell him he is not half as interesting or awesome he thinks?

What do you see in BR? He might be nice in person, but I recently saw him in a Monthy Python documentary and he was so pedantic it was painful to hear. Everyone there was far more intelligent than him, but he kept saying the most obvious asserts with such affectation I felt pity for him. Does he have any relative or friend to tell him he is not half as interesting or awesome he thinks?

Andrew Sachs tried to

His television show is the same way; it just feels forced and awkward. Although he comes off as an extreme extrovert, I wonder if Brand is equally as socially inept as Morrissey. That would explain their connection. Often, some very shy, insecure people will try to hard to be the center of attention to over-compensate.

I just bought tickets to see Russell on his upcoming "Messiah Complex Tour," and he's wearing a Smiths shirt for the promo ad!
http://www.ticketmaster.com/Russell-Brand-tickets/artist/1206095?tm_link=tm_homeA_artist1

And your point is what exactly ? You may as well have said " I've just been shopping in a record shop ! ! ! (store/YANKS) and . . . . and. . . . . and. . . . . .they had Smifs/Morrissey discs n T-shirts in it !! Honestwy they did !! Oooooooooosssshhshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!

Keith Lemon

Been waiting on this post, Morrissey has been mentioned
a couple of times over the yrs on Howard ,He truly doesn't
know who he is (brand said "cos you're American") It was
Great to hear moz on Howards show ,Robin knows him,
yrs ago a guy said he was "asexual" like morrissey , Howard asked ,who?
while robin said questioningly "the singer ?" anyway my fav American
and Fav I wanna say British person ,but he has turned in to nomad
what a interview that would be ,if only he knew who he was (like most Americans)

Oh, heck...Stern should try to get Moz on his show. It would be a train wreck of biblical proportions...but in a good way! Then when Russel Brand was asked if Moz got laid he could answer.."He did after the Howard Stern show!"

♬ ♩ ♫ "It was a good lay...good lay..." ♫ ♫

Interesting to note: both Brand and Stern have failed at marriage and have a history of objectifying women. Hmmm....

Oh, heck...Stern should try to get Moz on his show. It would be a train wreck of biblical proportions...but in a good way! Then when Russel Brand was asked if Moz got laid he could answer.."He did after the Howard Stern show!"

I really like Russell. He's open about his troubles and fights everyday for his freedom from addiction. He's been through a lot and survived. He's a better man because of it. AND...after all of that, he's inspirational, funny, and manages to brighten up the day for thousands of other people. I think he's very brave.

And, I love how he treats his mother.

There Truly isn't another interview in the world I would rather hear.
perhaps Moz has never heard of Howard - It would be ..as you say
" a train wreck of biblical proportions...but in a good way!

Bababooey!!!!

Those two could talk from now until eternity and they wouldn't likely say anything worth having an opinion on.

Here's the Moz part:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing good would come of Moz going on Howard's show . He (Howard ) has a habit of asking awkward questions of guests just to get a rise out of them . Can Howard do a stright up interveiw ? Yes, I have heard him do it and at times quite well . But then he gets bored and starts to ask odd stuff (sex, bathroom type items) just to "get ratings" and have a sound bite that will live on and on, for use at odd times . We would hear Moz's voice forever being used in strange situations. during certain bits . Look how George Tuki (sorry about the spelling he is the one who played Sulu on Star Terk) voice pops up when he hasn't been on the show for months just to do a funny bit .
I think Moz knows how Howard is and will avoid the show unless Moz can be in control of the interview. To many of Howards "hangers on" to gang up on Moz in studio.

Last edited:
I remember Stern asking Paul McCartney if he'd ever "f***ed a black chick". Moz should steer well clear.

I remember Stern asking Paul McCartney if he'd ever "f***ed a black chick". Moz should steer well clear.

And the answer to that question would, of course, be a resounding yes. He famously split up with Jane Asher in the late 60s after she surprised him at his flat and interrupted one of his private, ahem, Black and White Minstrel Shows, as he called them...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom