Russell Brand to host MTV VMA's

Jose

No way...
Don't know if this has already been posted...
Anyway:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080724/ap_en_tv/mtv_awards_russell_brand

Russell Brand to host the MTV Video Music Awards

NEW YORK - MTV is staking its brand on a lesser-known one: Russell Brand.

The British actor and comedian will host this year's Video Music Awards, set to air live from Paramount Pictures Studios in Los Angeles on Sept. 7, MTV told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Brand recently co-starred in the Judd Apatow-produced comedy "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and the Reese Witherspoon-produced fairy tale "Penelope." He is currently filming the Adam Sandler comedy "Bedtime Stories," slated for release later this year.

Brand told the AP that he hadn't started thinking about how he would approach the assignment — not that there's much planning to be done for the infamously anything-goes show.

"I've just been invited to do it," Brand said in a telephone interview from London. "It'll be good to preside over what is sure to be only vaguely coordinated televised insanity."

Not that chaos or improv a problem for the 33-year-old comedian.

"That's how I've made my name in this country: Flying very much by the seat — and the crotch — of my pants."

MTV hired Brand to be a VJ on its Britain-based show "Dance Floor Chart" after catching his comedy act in Edinburgh, Scotland. He also hosted a call-in show called MTV Select.

Brand has hosted numerous TV shows and events in the U.K., performed sell-out comedy gigs and written a best-selling memoir, "My Booky Wook," published last year.

His popular radio show, The Russell Brand Show, debuted two years ago in the U.K., and his TV show "Ponderland" was recently nominated by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts in the "Best Comedy Programme" category.

In 2007, he continued on the comedy circuit with his hit show "Only Joking." He also made his feature film debut — in Britain, of course — in 2007's "St. Trinian's," opposite Colin Firth, Rupert Everett and Emily Watson.

Previous VMA hosts include Jack Black, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Chris Rock, Jimmy Fallon and Jamie Foxx.

As previously announced, the teen pop trio The Jonas Brothers will perform at the anything-can-happen event. Other performers and presenters will be announced at a later date.

Don't know if this has already been posted...
Anyway:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080724/ap_en_tv/mtv_awards_russell_brand

Russell Brand to host the MTV Video Music Awards

NEW YORK - MTV is staking its brand on a lesser-known one: Russell Brand.

The British actor and comedian will host this year's Video Music Awards, set to air live from Paramount Pictures Studios in Los Angeles on Sept. 7, MTV told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Brand recently co-starred in the Judd Apatow-produced comedy "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and the Reese Witherspoon-produced fairy tale "Penelope." He is currently filming the Adam Sandler comedy "Bedtime Stories," slated for release later this year.

Brand told the AP that he hadn't started thinking about how he would approach the assignment — not that there's much planning to be done for the infamously anything-goes show.

"I've just been invited to do it," Brand said in a telephone interview from London. "It'll be good to preside over what is sure to be only vaguely coordinated televised insanity."

Not that chaos or improv a problem for the 33-year-old comedian.

"That's how I've made my name in this country: Flying very much by the seat — and the crotch — of my pants."

MTV hired Brand to be a VJ on its Britain-based show "Dance Floor Chart" after catching his comedy act in Edinburgh, Scotland. He also hosted a call-in show called MTV Select.

Brand has hosted numerous TV shows and events in the U.K., performed sell-out comedy gigs and written a best-selling memoir, "My Booky Wook," published last year.

His popular radio show, The Russell Brand Show, debuted two years ago in the U.K., and his TV show "Ponderland" was recently nominated by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts in the "Best Comedy Programme" category.

In 2007, he continued on the comedy circuit with his hit show "Only Joking." He also made his feature film debut — in Britain, of course — in 2007's "St. Trinian's," opposite Colin Firth, Rupert Everett and Emily Watson.

Previous VMA hosts include Jack Black, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Chris Rock, Jimmy Fallon and Jamie Foxx.

As previously announced, the teen pop trio The Jonas Brothers will perform at the anything-can-happen event. Other performers and presenters will be announced at a later date.

Old news. :p
Sorry I couldn't help doing a kewpie. lol

Yeah that's what I thought but I couldn't find it in here... :rolleyes:

Sowwy... :o

Oh.. don't be sorry, I was just being silly.

Russell Brand is very annoying, isn't he? If that's what they're going for, I'm sure that Arsenio Hall is free that night.

i have not watched the vma's since the year michael stipe changed his t shirt every time r.e.m. won an award,when was that? like 40 years ago?:D

I loved it when Madonna told him "that fade is tired" and he waited like a week to say that she is "a bitch". Duh, Arsenio! :D

Hee.

It was funny when Raul Julia was on promoting The Addams Family and told the story about his eyeball falling out.

Russell Brand to host the VMAs

Is this already on here? if not, hm interesting! There's videos on you tube of ads with him and britney spears- and a large elephant in the room, of course. very cute.

Do a lot of americans know russell? I only know him through all of you guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Russell Brand to host the VMAs

Do they show this in England?
I love Russel Brand and if he's in it i have to watch it :D

Back
Top Bottom