San Diego, CA - Pechanga Arena (Oct. 6, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Irish Blood, English Heart / Suedehead / Hairdresser On Fire / Spent The Day In Bed / I Am Hated For Loving / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I Wish You Lonely / Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself / Back On The Chain Gang / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / The Bullfighter Dies / That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / Hold On To Your Friends / Speedway // What She Said

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Karina via FB.

Last edited:
I was there at 17, and there last night at 45...

Yes, I was at that show too— 19 clumsy and shy. I was a reporter for the UCSD Guardian newspaper and went to the Doubletree Hotel downtown in the Gaslamp where he was staying, to try to interview him before sound check on the day of the show. At about 4:00 pm, he was in the lobby having a drink with the entire band around him. I asked him if he wouldn’t mind answering a few questions for an interview for my school newspaper. He said “well, it’s nice to meet you, but I haven’t really anything to say.” After a beat, he corrected himself and said “well, actually, I have quite a lot to say.. just not to YOU,” and smiled mischievously. I didn’t get my interview but was chuffed nonetheless.

Yes, I was at that show too— 19 clumsy and shy. I was a reporter for the UCSD Guardian newspaper and went to the Doubletree Hotel downtown in the Gaslamp where he was staying, to try to interview him before sound check on the day of the show. At about 4:00 pm, he was in the lobby having a drink with the entire band around him. I asked him if he wouldn’t mind answering a few questions for an interview for my school newspaper. He said “well, it’s nice to meet you, but I haven’t really anything to say.” After a beat, he corrected himself and said “well, actually, I have quite a lot to say.. just not to YOU,” and smiled mischievously. I didn’t get my interview but was chuffed nonetheless.

IF , this is true... that suicide video at shows end, last night was for you. If it's a lie, then the suicide video is still for you. Bye now !

Anyone have news as to why the abrupt end to the show? No band intro :( Moz seemed in great spirits so it was odd to have the show just end...was hoping for HSIN.
a lot of his shows end abruptly,its been happening for years.

by f tw on yt

by mozfreekOO on yootoobe

f tw on yt

mozfreekOO

That is a great story. That was such an exciting time in the Moz fan life. I think that was only my second concert (First was Depeche Mode Violation Tour). My seats were on the left in the loge near the back. I was so jealous of everyone on the floor. There were two older guys, about 10 seats closer to the stage and I couldn't believe they were sitting down eating pizza during the show. I would have killed to be 10 seats closer. I'll never forget that show. I had no idea how the band would translate the Viva Hate songs or if they'd even be able to play them. I remember a girl getting on stage early on in the show and he actually hugged her and then swung her around! There have been great shows over the years since then, but none of them could capture that moment in time, the age, the newness, all of it.

Thank you for the few quick reviews. This is what used to be exciting about this site after shows, before the takeover. One more thank you and all the best to you, happy to hear you enjoyed yourself.

***UPDATE***
San Diego, CA - Pechanga Arena.jpg

San Diego, CA - Pechanga Arena (Oct. 6, 2019) partial

Capture d’écran 2019-10-09 à 09.55.19.png

Average audience recording (8,0)
Fichier audio MP3

In : Downloads / Bootlegs

Best Regards,
PIVI16

Thank you for the few quick reviews. This is what used to be exciting about this site after shows, before the takeover. One more thank you and all the best to you, happy to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Exactly my thoughts too. Real reviews (good or bad) and little anecdotes from people actually venturing out to see him bring a much needed positive vibe to this board. Thank you.

What a great show! The performance of "Seasick, Yet Still Docked" took my breath away. I also caught Jesse's guitar pick that he played the encore ("What She Said") with.
YWcoFLI

Forgot to ask- anyone that attended the recent shows know the name of the song/video he plays beforehand of a man walking down the streets with a group of young people? It’s in black and white. I loved it!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom