Morrissey Central & SER YT: "You Don't Need Their Approval" - Morrissey 'Lost Demo' (October 31, 2021)

Here is new demo from Moz :D

Description:

lyrics Morrissey / music Jesse Tobias

Smile and wave and always be friendly
but you don't need their approval
for anything you want to sing about

Smile and wave and always be gentle

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

oh you don't need their approval
for anything you wanna sing about

Smile and wave and always be cordial

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

for anything you wanna sing about

for anything you wanna SAY.

unnamed-3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, come on. Saturday is at least as good as half the stuff he's put out in the last decade.
True. All of these songs are head and shoulders above the worst three efforts on LIHS. A Woman’s Body could easily hold its own on the exceptionally good Dog LP.

If Sam doesn’t give us another tomorrow, it’s because you people
didn’t appreciate this one ! 😭

Morrissey’s a very sensitive type :oops:

Is Jesse playing one of these old street organes here? To me, it just sounds like the background music from a very old movie, it even has the sound of a cranky old record. It makes me wonder if this was ever really considered for inclusion on the album, or just Morrissey and Jesse jamming around. I think it is the latter really.
I would agree. I think a lot of people are forgetting these are demos, not songs which didn't make the album or unpolished/unfinished tracks.

I don't feel any need to return to these demos, but they have been nice to hear 🙂

It's a demo people. Surely you can hear the potential in there, albeit rough as guts.

Can you break this news to P&O?...but do it very gently, please.
I was just listening to #Revelations for some real exciting outtakes and unreleased masters. No time to comment any further on some low profile latter-day Morrissey throwaways. But feel free to celebrate it as pure creative gold with immense potential.

who are these ‘pigs’ ? If Moz squeezes us, do we not squeal in joy?

How’s that?

fair enough, we’re all entitled to having different opinions.

Oh yeah, Alain his Whyte knight
with a shiny Fender, to the rescue! Lol.
Ketamine always hating on Alain. What’s wrong sugar, does Tobias diddle your skittle? He wishes he was half the man Whyte is. He is an awful person and musically inept. That fool can kick rocks, he’s no longer needed.

What strikes me the most is that he even considered to work with this musical idea (if there is any inside this sound collage) and even tried to put lyrics on it.
I agree. I don't understand why he even bothered to record any vocals. With the other two demos, you can at least hear hints of potential, if the piece was worked at. Here I can't detect anything. It's a nothing vocal on top of a nothing song. Why bother?

I don't really get the hate... no one is being forced to listen. Obviously, there's a reason these weren't finished/released. So people that think they are so brilliant by pointing out how they are low quality, subpar, etc... guess what, Morrissey already figured that out.

Last edited:
Yeah. ‘Good’ or ‘bad’ I still enjoy
these bones thrown our way.

Also it’s going to be difficult for a person to hear a song if they are comparing it to a song from a time that has shaped them. I mean, if Rubber Ring was written now and that same adult fan was hearing it for the first time, would it still be as important to them? Of course they would recognize it as a good song, but most likely it wouldn’t have the same impact.

Anyway, I know the difference between a good and bad song, yet I find no benefit in comparing his recent work to earlier work. I just welcome it all and I’m grateful.

Then again, for other artists I love, I may rarely if ever listen to their later work, but with Morrissey, especially now, and amongst other things, it’s still his voice that continues to cast a spell on me.
Perfectly put.

I don't really get the hate... no one is being forced to listen. Obviously, there's a reason these weren't finished/released. So people that think they are so brilliant by pointing out how they are low quality, subpar, etc... guess what, Morrissey already figured that out.

But why release these low quality songs? Now they are part of his discography and these songs diminish him.

it’s going to be difficult for a person to hear a song if they are comparing it to a song from a time that has shaped them. I mean, if Rubber Ring was written now and that same adult fan was hearing it for the first time, would it still be as important to them? Of course they would recognize it as a good song, but most likely it wouldn’t have the same impact.
This. Morrissey makes, and has always made, music for children.

You people really are the worst of the worst.

Ungrateful swines.
Nah. Some song ideas don't work out so well and the right thing to do is pretend they never happened.

Blue Dreamer's Eyes was good, though.

Dog on a chain was released just last year, and if I am not wrong, most of you liked it. So, I don't see why you judge the man artistically dead. Stop being so... (put here any negative word you like). This is just lost material, things they worked on and left there, that's all.
agreed, Dog on a chain was tremendous, this is atrocious, everyone agrees with everyone.

Glass half empty - not of a high standard
Glass half full - they are unfinished/ throwaway tracks after all.
Also, better than nothing/ beggars can’t be choosers.
You know the drill.
It’s just not 88 - 97 anymore.
The golden years for you Janice I suppose?

It’s always a treat to see the process and I for one love seeing every crevice and am thankful for the chance. I guess it’s true that the person doesn’t need approval but he might want the attention

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom