Morrissey Central & SER YT: "You Don't Need Their Approval" - Morrissey 'Lost Demo' (October 31, 2021)

Here is new demo from Moz :D

Description:

lyrics Morrissey / music Jesse Tobias

Smile and wave and always be friendly
but you don't need their approval
for anything you want to sing about

Smile and wave and always be gentle

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

oh you don't need their approval
for anything you wanna sing about

Smile and wave and always be cordial

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

for anything you wanna sing about

for anything you wanna SAY.

unnamed-3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re right, Scandinavia had been around in an earlier version for 3 years before appearing in a better version on the deluxe CD of the World Peace album. So there’s still hope for these songs to one day appear in a better form.
Scandinavia and Art-Hounds were only on the deluxe version of World Peace. In 2011 Morrissey promised that People Are the Same... and the two other then-new songs would be recorded in a studio and released as proper versions later. Which of course never happened. I guess that he realized that in the internet age when the song is out there as a studio session version, it soon becomes old news to his listeners and putting it out years later again in a not radically different version is more likely to cause more disappointment than joy in the fanbase, who would prefer hearing something new.

Last edited:
This one is downright awful. A non-song. The lyrics are the blandest of the bland and more "poor me, I'm the only one who speak the truth in this world" BS. Furthermore, the melody is non-existent and the music is impossible to remember. No wonder this one was left lying in a ditch. There's simply nothing to work with.

All in all:
The contrast between these three and the previous three (BTTIGTWIG, BDE and ICUWPL) is brutally stark. The previous three all rank among the very best he's done this entire century. The last three aren't necessarily the worst he's done (surely not Saturday and probably not Woman's either), but it's quite understandable why they were scrapped.

Unfortunately, the odds of Morrissey serving up a shit sandwich are far greater than him presenting the greatest song ever written.
the chances of anyone serving a piece of excrement between two slices of bread are as remote as you saying anything worth reading on here,a boring c... who will go the same way as radis,eventually you will get bored of being a troll on here and move onto another site.

Unfortunately, the odds of Morrissey serving up a shit sandwich are far greater than him presenting the greatest song ever written.
The greatest song ever written is Meat is Murder.

the chances of anyone serving a piece of excrement between two slices of bread are as remote as you saying anything worth reading on here,a boring c... who will go the same way as radis,eventually you will get bored of being a troll on here and move onto another site.
That's right, anyone who doesn't celebrate every single lazy, meaningless late-era Morrissey track is a "troll."

For a lot of people, Morrissey has been such a huge part their lives that the current iteration of the man is hugely disappointing. I, personally have been a huge fan since Meat Is Murder. The man could do no wrong until probably World Peace and that is when he just seemed to lose his way. From the lazy songs with weak lyrics to the right leaning politics to the tacky album covers to his new lack of style...he just seemed to lose the essence of what being Morrissey used to mean. He was an enigma, he didn't feel the need to share his every waking thought. He went from being James Dean to a curmudgeonly Jim Backus. Because he was so great, hardcore fans are disappointed and expect more.
if your so disappointed then why would you be anywhere near this site,his style of music and the way the covers are now are just a sign of him moving on and trying something different.
the usual suspects on this site hark back to the 90s and how his lyrics changed their lives,they expect him to be the same person but i always point out are they the same people as they were in the 90s,its natural you grow and grow as you get older.

if your so disappointed then why would you be anywhere near this site,his style of music and the way the covers are now are just a sign of him moving on and trying something different.
the usual suspects on this site hark back to the 90s and how his lyrics changed their lives,they expect him to be the same person but i always point out are they the same people as they were in the 90s,its natural you grow and grow as you get older.
But surely one should be allowed to criticize M? Or vent one’s disappointments? It can’t be all one-sided.

makes no sense in relation to my post, but, ok.
maybe thats his actual photo,guys a turkey,no disrespect to any turkey looking in especially as we are approaching that time of year.

But surely one should be allowed to criticize M? Or vent one’s disappointments? It can’t be all one-sided.
course you can but this guy criticises other people on here because he is a troll.

Get a grip. You get defensive and attack anyone who criticizes Morrissey's music.
wrong again,go to the A-Z and you will see i dont like every single song he has ever done.maybe you dont have a life but i do so f... off and talk to someone else.

course you can but this guy criticises other people on here because he is a troll.
Yeah, I get the feeling you don’t like it when people criticize Moz or his music.

There is something slightly off with this and I'm sure that it is just the mix we've been presented with. However, I think some of the not-so-great-songs from Morrissey over the past decade or so are due to the fact that the melody of the music doesn't line-up with the melody of the voice. This mix is a prime example of that.

I do, however, enjoy this track. In fact I love all the three 'lost' tracks released mainly due to the sounds and there is some sense of consistency between them - they could all come from the same album, for example. Lyrically this track is nothing new from Morrissey, but the voice is just so pleasing.

He also doesn't like it when people mention Johnny Marr for some reason.
That’s a common trait among the fiercest Moz defenders, it seems.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom