Seymour Stein on The Smiths and Morrissey - The Music Ally interview

Dumb Americans... There you go again...plunk, plunk, plunk. You are becoming boring. Please return to topic. I would never put you on ignore. I love a classic joke as much as anyone.

Sorry to be blunt but you've never been anything other than boring, especially with lines like " he was ready to emerge like a beautiful butterfly" oh my sides are splitting, don't give up the day job, you'll never make it as a writer, go grab some more Cheetos

You certainly seem to have a issue with self esteem, try and say something interesting darlin, lord knows it would be the first time, everybody knows it would be the first time

To me someone who loves nothing but to spread hatred of other countries so much would be suffering with inferiority complex. you have the self esteem issue. i have yet to see anything interesting come from your posts.

Last edited:
To me someone who loves nothing but to spread hatred of other countries so much would be suffering with inferiority complex. you have the self esteem issue. i have yet to here anything interesting come from your posts.

An American goes abroad on holiday for the first time and the customs official asks him "occupation" the American replies "no just visiting", what's the difference between America and yoghurt? If you leave yoghurt for 300 years it develops a culture, interesting enough for you dear?

An American goes abroad on holiday for the first time and the customs official asks him "occupation" the American replies "no just visiting", what's the difference between America and yoghurt? If you leave yoghurt for 300 years it develops a culture, interesting enough for you dear?

obama-guinness_2171387b.jpg

Sorry to be blunt but you've never been anything other than boring, especially with lines like " he was ready to emerge like a beautiful butterfly" oh my sides are splitting, don't give up the day job, you'll never make it as a writer, go grab some more Cheetos

The only thing you have in common with Ireland is its rocky coast. You are soulless, miserable and cold with no redeeming qualities of spirit. Constantly trying to reduce everyone and everything to fit your narrow world views. Your growth as a human being was stunted somehow.

Comparing Americans to Cheetos is like us comparing the British to fish and chips. Yes both are true but totally insignificant except to small brains such as yourself and other mouth breathers. You can't even see how ridiculous you're being. So sad for whatever country claims you. I doubt any would be proud to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Great picture. A sense of humor is important to everyone except plastic.

The only thing you have in common with Ireland is its rocky coast. You are soulless, miserable and cold with no redeeming qualities of spirit. Constantly trying to reduce everyone and everything to fit your narrow world views. Your growth as a human being was stunted somehow.

Comparing Americans to Cheetos is like us comparing the British to fish and chips. Yes both are true but totally insignificant except to small brains such as yourself and other mouth breathers. You can't even see how ridiculous you're being. So sad for whatever country claims you. I doubt any would be proud to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Great picture. A sense of humor is important to everyone except plastic.
wow, you take yourself pretty seriously don't you? I suppose you have to since nobody else takes you seriously, I'm finished with you now, you've bored me so much I'm falling asleep, bring back surface, at least he was fun

wow, you take yourself pretty seriously don't you? I suppose you have to since nobody else takes you seriously, I'm finished with you now, you've bored me so much I'm falling asleep, bring back surface, at least he was fun

You wouldn't know fun if it came up and bit you in the arse. You are finished with me? Well I have news for you, the Irish wish they were finished with you and your false claims. The fact that you believe I take anything I write to you seriously shows you are the dimmest bulb in the bunch. Get some sleep your brain needs all the oxygen it can get.

not this "the smiths were moz backup band" bs again plz. Johnny Marr was just as important as morrissey imo and he wasn't just part of his backup band imo. I won't change my mind about this as much as solo wants people to belive this

Not trying to change anyone's mind. It's just my opinion.

Why bother? It's like communicating with a obnoxious child.

#HatefulOnlineCreche

you really are a dumb Bogan, that was you walking into a door. again

please continue to bang your head against the wall with every single comment you make

now STFU and open a beer for this Pom, serve it with a smile, bitch

I think the Morrissey/Marr and Lennon/McCartney Smiths/Beatles comparisons are quite interesting. I believe both bands lasted roughly the same length of time give or take a few years. The same thing that created such a wealth of popular music caused the friction that broke them up in the end. To differ a bit I am quite happy and thankful for each of their solo stuff. Imagine...

The comparisons are witless and fatuous but help boost the fragile egos of Morrissey and Marr who achieved very little that will last once their peer\cohort group shuffle off this mortal coil.
Unlike The Beatles, Sabbath, Zeppelin, James Brown, MJ and on and on and on.
The Smiths were always strictly C List, never broke the flyover states, never filled The Sheds, just another NME-Melody Maker media hype machine creation, back when those screeds were the XFcuktor of the day. Morrissey was given clearance as it was assumed he was progressive in his views rather than just an artful Troll Closet Case with the most hilarious case of Catholic Guilt Sex Shame ever. Great to observe him but imagine being in the same car he~s been crashing for over 3 decades. Not even funny, just a sordid clown prancing around a circus ring stage to keep the cash rolling in from his bizarre inmate Cult ~fans~

Most people only know 1 or 2 songs, think he~s a ludicrous puff and thats all they bother with. Yet here his fans go on as if he´s a genuwine Star. No, that was David Bowie. RIP

- - - Updated - - -

I've already told you, the pubs are closed here, to use a line from your friend bummieboy, if you don't like my posts put me on ignore, I heard morrissey is covering a Bowie song with his time in America as inspiration, he's calling it Dumb Americans, catchy little tune

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks sweetheart, you always comment on how superior I am, have you got low self esteem?

"ALL YOU NEED IS ME"

Nobody is likely to pay attention to otherwise

English cock, Irish arse
bend and spread Jock

Wow - you're a bit of a twat aren't you?! Thank you for your thoughtful observations though - well done.

I disagree. I think Lennon had great solo success. Better together is subjective. Morrissey in my opinion was always meant to be a solo artist. He attracts the spotlight and in the beginning he had the music and charisma to be bigger than The Smiths. He unfortunately didn't live up to his promise. But very few people ever do.

moz played much bigger venues than the Smiths ever did

moz played much bigger venues than the Smiths ever did

but at the end of the day, almost everything the smiths did has more cultural impact and importance that anything moz solo did in my opinion. Is his music with the smiths what most of the non fans and people will remember the best

but at the end of the day, almost everything the smiths did has more cultural impact and importance that anything moz solo did in my opinion. Is his music with the smiths what most of the non fans and people will remember the best

The Smiths - enduring significance to culture

Morrissey - a few songs (generally from 1988 - 1994, occasionally 2004) played regularly on radio and enduring significance to Morrissey (and some Smiths) fans

And I say this as a person who holds his output from 1992-1997 eternally to heart. It's just the way of the world.

The Smiths - enduring significance to culture

Morrissey - a few songs (generally from 1988 - 1994, occasionally 2004) played regularly on radio and enduring significance to Morrissey (and some Smiths) fans

And I say this as a person who holds his output from 1992-1997 eternally to heart. It's just the way of the world.

In other words...

The Smiths > Morrissey 1988-1997 > Morrissey 2004 to date

In other words...

The Smiths > Morrissey 1988-1997 > Morrissey 2004 to date

And the fact remains that the average person on the street hasn't a clue what or who The Smiths are. Forget about Morrissey. Even people who grew up in the 1980s generally have no idea, especially in the States. Maybe at best a vague recollection here or there, but naming a song would likely be impossible. Whereas everyone everywhere knows The Beatles, probably their names too, and at least a few songs. That Supreme queue video said everything - with the internet at their fingertips, nobody knows Morrissey or The Smiths! Or cares! So this icon talk and these comparisons with Lennon/McCartney are bilge. Just the facts.

It has nothing to do with The Smiths or Morrissey solo. You get a few years when the public is receptive and interested and that's it. If The Smiths were still producing music today it wouldn't have the same cultural impact and importance than their earlier stuff either. That's just how the world works. Of course there are some exceptions, but not many.

Marr and Morrissey ripped off their bandmates. Both scum. End of. Comparison with The Beatles is absurd.

Liverpool-The Beatles
Birmingham-Black Sabbath
Manchester- Joy Division-New Order. Stone Roses. Oasis. The Smiths as a Fab Four but NOT Morrissey who has spent 3 decades as his own tribute band. At least Marr realised he,d f***ed up and coughed up the cash. No wonder the Lawnmower parts refuse to sanction a re-union, they have principles and have finally been vindicated. Joyce and Rourke should be admitted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Marr and Morrissey should ideally spontaneously explode in flames from Shame.

f*** Morrissey
f*** Marr

BB
in Lisbon to do the Fado\Morna remixes.

f*** you, Cum-In-Bummie-c***.

- - - Updated - - -

not this "the smiths were moz backup band" bs again plz. Johnny Marr was just as important as morrissey imo and he wasn't just part of his backup band imo. I won't change my mind about this as much as solo wants people to belive this

You're f***ing illiterate, mate.

And the fact remains that the average person on the street hasn't a clue what or who The Smiths are. Forget about Morrissey. Even people who grew up in the 1980s generally have no idea, especially in the States. Maybe at best a vague recollection here or there, but naming a song would likely be impossible. Whereas everyone everywhere knows The Beatles, probably their names too, and at least a few songs. That Supreme queue video said everything - with the internet at their fingertips, nobody knows Morrissey or The Smiths! Or cares! So this icon talk and these comparisons with Lennon/McCartney are bilge. Just the facts.

To each their own.
The Smiths are certainly one of the world's greatest ever bands, to me they are actually THE best, and in the words of Johnny himself 'no contest'.
I can't help people's ignorance/lack of awareness.
Whomever hasn't heard of The Smiths is missing out big time.
Fact! (Rafa)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom