Seymour Stein on The Smiths and Morrissey - The Music Ally interview

Morrissey isn't a genius. Have you read 'List of the Lost'? LOL!

Nor is he an artist, but he is a con-artist. Possibly the most inauthentic charlatan ever to emerge in popular music claiming to represent sincerity.

is legacy will be scorn and ridicule. Your attempt to channel Oscar Wilde is almost as embarrassing as Morrissey's attempt to purloin Oscar's legacy as his own. Almost, but not quite. His fans are as beclowed as their ridiculous cult leader but, like a motorway pile-up, it's impossible not to be fascinated by the career carnage that is late-stage Trollissey.

LOL
+1. moz a genius? he can barely sing.
pay no attention to seymour, him calling moz a genius is a huma thing. sire was the humanest label EVER. everybody associated with that label was super huma.

f*** you, "am a racist that loves with people and think they are better than black people" Derek17 :lbf:

- - - Updated - - -

:thumb: hope ketaminecunt agree with this!

You're an illiterate f*** who hates him/her/itself. Stop blaming others and do something about your pathetic existence, you worthless pile.

f***. You.

- - - Updated - - -

'c***'? really ?

So you're a woman? And you come here on Solo all PC any chance you get, And it's fine for people of their own sex or race to call each other derogatory terms against each other ?!

REALLY?

YOU ARE THE WORST!

He/she/it is slime.

He/she/it dishes it out but can't take it.

And once again the 'music industry police' managed to prevent from cleaning up at the Brit awards tonight !

Benny-the-British-Butcher 

And Bowie, Adele and Lorde smashed it.
Watching The Brits is made immeasurably more pleasurable knowing that the little f***wit from Manchester is crying behind Mommy's sofa.

f*** Morrissey.

best
BB

Morrissey isn't a genius. Have you read 'List of the Lost'? LOL!

Nor is he an artist, but he is a con-artist. Possibly the most inauthentic charlatan ever to emerge in popular music claiming to represent sincerity.

is legacy will be scorn and ridicule. Your attempt to channel Oscar Wilde is almost as embarrassing as Morrissey's attempt to purloin Oscar's legacy as his own. Almost, but not quite. His fans are as beclowed as their ridiculous cult leader but, like a motorway pile-up, it's impossible not to be fascinated by the career carnage that is late-stage Trollissey.
i have not yet read list of the lost but only because i live in an illiterate heathen land which has not yet seen the distribution of the book. we have to wait until those in the enlightened lands are done with their copies whereupon they will be collected and mailed to us. i think that's how it works. oh oh i do so i dont get one with bedbugs in the pages!

i have thought about ordering it online but that's such a nuisance, because my old bored hungarian landlady looks for any opportunity to swoop in and intercept the mail when she sees it arriving, and then i have to condescend to speak to her, taking care to use as simple english as possible, and that's just so tedious that i'd just rather not. perchance she asks me what's in the package? every fiber in my being screams out in resentment at the prospect of such an overstepping of boundaries. what i'd really like to do is say "bitch, go back to your space" but i never would because she is sort of nice and sometimes, in her less annoying moments, brings me up cake, but also because she probably wouldnt hear me the first time and i would have to repeat myself--maybe twice, maybe even, heaven forbid, thrice--thus losing the element of casual cool and cant-be-bothered-with-you chutzpah upon whcih such an utterance relies.

i detail for you the insurmountable obstacles between me and the book only so that you can undestand that in time i really do have every intention of reading it. and i offer you every assurance that i am fully prepared to love it and defend it vehemently when i do. i already love the passages i have had the good fortune to read online, seeming as they do so infinitely quotable.

i have not yet read list of the lost but only because i live in an illiterate heathen land which has not yet seen the distribution of the book. we have to wait until those in the enlightened lands are done with their copies whereupon they will be collected and mailed to us. i think that's how it works. oh oh i do so i dont get one with bedbugs in the pages!

i have thought about ordering it online but that's such a nuisance, because my old bored hungarian landlady looks for any opportunity to swoop in and intercept the mail when she sees it arriving, and then i have to condescend to speak to her, taking care to use as simple english as possible, and that's just so tedious that i'd just rather not. perchance she asks me what's in the package? every fiber in my being screams out in resentment at the prospect of such an overstepping of boundaries. what i'd really like to do is say "bitch, go back to your space" but i never would because she is sort of nice and sometimes, in her less annoying moments, brings me up cake, but also because she probably wouldnt hear me the first time and i would have to repeat myself--maybe twice, maybe even, heaven forbid, thrice--thus losing the element of casual cool and cant-be-bothered-with-you chutzpah upon whcih such an utterance relies.

i detail for you the insurmountable obstacles between me and the book only so that you can undestand that in time i really do have every intention of reading it. and i offer you every assurance that i am fully prepared to love it and defend it vehemently when i do. i already love the passages i have had the good fortune to read online, seeming as they do so infinitely quotable.

Thanks for confirming you're a total Cult pillock. Vehemently defend a book you haven't read, makes total sense: only in the bizarro world of Teh Kult of Trollissey

Sounds like you have been struggling with this a while, you should have come here sooner. We could have fed you paragraphs. Tis very interesting to get inside the mind of Morrissey. Btw, are you an ee cummings fan?

Sounds like you have been struggling with this a while, you should have come here sooner. We could have fed you paragraphs. Tis very interesting to get inside the mind of Morrissey. Btw, are you an ee cummings fan?
well im here now, and ready to be educated in the ways of that most endlessly enigmatic and intellectually mysterious of beings. sure im an ee cummings fan. even if he had written nothing else i'd be a fan of him for these lines alone: and what i want to know is how do you like your blue eyed boy mr.death?

I like your writing style. It held my attention and quite an interesting read even if I think you might be misguided regarding LOTL. Please post more often. I suddenly find myself wanting to know more about your landlord, and what kind of cake she brought you. Spending more time writing and less time reading might be your best bet.

Morrissey writing lyrics and you writing prose. I think that's best.

Last edited:
well im here now, and ready to be educated in the ways of that most endlessly enigmatic and intellectually mysterious of beings. sure im an ee cummings fan. even if he had written nothing else i'd be a fan of him for these lines alone: and what i want to know is how do you like your blue eyed boy mr.death?

DP835719.jpg

I think the endlessly enigmatic and intellectually mysteria started with this short film, the swinging flowers stuck in my head the whole day after i first saw this.

https://youtu.be/PkdzORpDcvw

I like your writing style. It held my attention and quite an interesting read even if I think you might be misguided regarding LOTL. Please post more often. I suddenly find myself wanting to know more about your landlord, and what kind of cake she brought you. Spending more time writing and less time reading might be your best bet.

Morrissey writing lyrics and you writing prose. I think that's best.
oh you are too sweet. now my heart is full. would you like to sponsor me so that i can sit around in carven coats doing nothing all day but writing trite nonsense in the badly imitated style of michel de montaigne?

it was some kind of hungarian walnut cake, she also brings up assortments of cookies every now and again, all rather bland (and not any of them vegan--i hope morrissey wont hate me for that, he has every reason to, and i do ultimately intend to be vegan :( ), but what can you do?

oh you are too sweet. now my heart is full. would you like to sponsor me so that i can sit around in carven coats doing nothing all day but writing trite nonsense in the badly imitated style of michel de montaigne?

it was some kind of hungarian walnut cake, she also brings up assortments of cookies every now and again, all rather bland (and not any of them vegan--i hope morrissey wont hate me for that, he has every reason to, and i do ultimately intend to be vegan :( ), but what can you do?

Nothing would please me more than to be your sponsor. I see an elderly woman walking up a stone staircase holding a cake plate and you peering out the curtains with an expression on your face of impending doom.

As for your vegan dilemma, I can assure you that I am not the right person to pose this to. I can say that I respect anyone who stands by their convictions. Maybe worry a little less of what others think will serve you best. In this and pretty much all other circumstances.

Nothing would please me more than to be your sponsor. I see an elderly woman walking up a stone staircase holding a cake plate and you peering out the curtains with an expression on your face of impending doom.

As for your vegan dilemma, I can assure you that I am not the right person to pose this to. I can say that I respect anyone who stands by their convictions. Maybe worry a little less of what others think will serve you best. In this and pretty much all other circumstances.
oh it's not what others think of me that i care about. it's the fact that i know i have no defense for not being vegan in this day and age. but im a very all or nothing person so somedays ill be very ascetic, and then other days... not so much. and i dont have that presence of mind or immediacy of feeling to make one absolute decision and stick with it, to make of myself a symbol.

admittedly i have been given to many great infatuations over the course of my life (all very very harmless), and of all of them, morrissey, rather than inspiring fantasies or delusions, has the singular distinction of bringing me into the context of reality, the thick of life known as the present, and asking me: 'who are you? what do you want to be?' no idee fixe of mine has ever had the nerve to ask me that. and i know, that if you believe that what matters most in life is not what you experience, good or bad, but who you are and what you become, as i do, than there is only one answer for that, and that i must develop a higher consciousness about the way i live.

oh it's not what others think of me that i care about. it's the fact that i know i have no defense for not being vegan in this day and age. but im a very all or nothing person so somedays ill be very ascetic, and then other days... not so much. and i dont have that presence of mind or immediacy of feeling to make one absolute decision and stick with it, to make of myself a symbol.

admittedly i have been given to many great infatuations over the course of my life (all very very harmless), and of all of them, morrissey, rather than inspiring fantasies or delusions, has the singular distinction of bringing me into the context of reality, the thick of life known as the present, and asking me: 'who are you? what do you want to be?' no idee fixe of mine has ever had the nerve to ask me that. and i know, that if you believe that what matters most in life is not what you experience, good or bad, but who you are and what you become, as i do, than there is only one answer for that, and that i must develop a higher consciousness about the way i live.

Good luck with all of that. Seems very tiring. Struggle can be helpful or hurtful. Everyone has the ability to inspire fantasy and delusion. Morrissey is no different in this regard, and no more special for it. Infatuation seems such a youthful endeavor. At some point it is time to stake you're own claim. As a wise man once said "life's what you make it" no one else. I think you're own inner voice is louder and stronger than you give it credit for.

Good luck with all of that. Seems very tiring. Struggle can be helpful or hurtful. Everyone has the ability to inspire fantasy and delusion. Morrissey is no different in this regard, and no more special for it. Infatuation seems such a youthful endeavor. At some point it is time to stake you're own claim. As a wise man once said "life's what you make it" no one else. I think you're own inner voice is louder and stronger than you give it credit for.
well im not so old as all that, i can have infatuations if i want. :( although i think that's the wrong term, really: infatuation. lets call them adored notable personages instead (none of them have ever been any hollywood celebrities just to be clear. i would be embarrassed if anyone ever thought i could be obsessed with some schlump like johnny depp, for example). and delusions and fantasies are definitely the wrong terms, because that just sounds so icky/dirty. it's more like something about a person haunts me, and i cant figure out what it is, and i feel like i have to get to the bottom of it. or it's like when you're looking at a bunny or a beautiful face and the bunny is just so cute or the face so beautiful that you have to stare at it for a long time to make sure you're taken it all in, because you cant wrap your head around it in one glance. and then after a while you get bored of looking at it, or the thing loses it's hooks, and it passes (which probably makes me sound like the ficklest of female-things, but to be clear i never stop liking the thing, i just get tired revisiting it all the time). and i feel like in a way these notable personages have furnished parts of my personality and for that i owe them a serious debt of gratitude because without them i would have absolutely none. but like i said morrissey's different than that: he seems realer, less haunting.

well im not so old as all that, i can have infatuations if i want. :( although i think that's the wrong term, really: infatuation. lets call them adored notable personages instead (none of them have ever been any hollywood celebrities just to be clear. i would be embarrassed if anyone ever thought i could be obsessed with some schlump like johnny depp, for example). and delusions and fantasies are definitely the wrong terms, because that just sounds so icky/dirty. it's more like something about a person haunts me, and i cant figure out what it is, and i feel like i have to get to the bottom of it. or it's like when you're looking at a bunny or a beautiful face and the bunny is just so cute or the face so beautiful that you have to stare at it for a long time to make sure you're taken it all in, because you cant wrap your head around it in one glance. and then after a while you get bored of looking at it, or the thing loses it's hooks, and it passes (which probably makes me sound like the ficklest of female-things, but to be clear i never stop liking the thing, i just get tired revisiting it all the time). and i feel like in a way these notable personages have furnished parts of my personality and for that i owe them a serious debt of gratitude because without them i would have absolutely none. but like i said morrissey's different than that: he seems realer, less haunting.

Part of my personality derived from Janne Austen novels. It is very difficult to find anyone that ways you look sideways. Morrissey's strange growls on stage make me laugh so hard , they never make any sense, but things don't need to make sense.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom