Sheffield - pre/after drinks and everything else

CougarFrog

Venue

Sheffield city hall - Barker's Pool, is no more than a 10 minute walk from the train station/bus interchange. There is also a tram which has a stop outside the venue. Sheffield city centre is not very big like other cities and nothing is really more than a 10 minute walk.

Parking

Most council run on-street parking is free after 6.30pm, but be careful as some of the council run car parks charge till 8pm (do check the signs) you should have little problem parking somewhere near the venue for free.
There's also plenty of multi story car parks.

Just look for the big wheel as the venue is a 1 min walk from there and you can't miss it. You can also go on the big wheel I think it is about a fiver, not sure why anyone would though.
26413803.jpg

Pre Gig Drinks

The dove and rainbow |Hartshead Square(4 mins walk) |- rock bar (plays indie and all rock) Have contacted them they are happy to play Smiths/Morrissey for us open from midday till midnight.

The Benjamin Huntsman (1min walk) - large wetherspoons pub, probably the nicest wetherspoons in Sheffield.

After Gig Drinks

Mentholmans @ West Street Live (west street ) (3min walk) DJ playing indie/rock/requests and live band FREE ENTRY till 1am - Really lively late pub the bands on a weekend are normally good and play mainly covers.

Casbah (club) (3mins walk)- Indie upstairs / Rock downstairs open till 3am (few quid to get in). Good age mix in the casbah would say that the majority of people of above 30.

Corporation (club) (6min walk)- 3 rooms, one room plays a good mix of indie/90s britpop etc £5. More of a student crowd in on a friday.

These venues above don't have a strict dress codes, trainers are fine - just don't wear a tracksuit!

The Leadmill (club) 10mins - plays indie. £5. Did have a dress code last time i went.

Last edited:
The Benjamin Huntsman is conveniently located between my hotel and the City Hall. :guitar:
Might pop in there on my way to or from. Or both. :)

Just to add to the above if anyone fancies any veggie/vegan nosh then the Blue Moon cafe right next to the Cathedral is excellent.

Thanks, Mel!
Front row dead center, practically being able to kiss Moz' shoes, what more could a girl ask for. :D

PAGING JOSE!!

Well?! Anything to share? I saw someone mention that Morrissey joked with someone up front that he shares her burfday. Must've been you! What exactly happened?

I hope it all went well and that you're too caught up in your life to tell the tale here.

For your interest

PAGING JOSE!!

Well?! Anything to share? I saw someone mention that Morrissey joked with someone up front that he shares her burfday. Must've been you! What exactly happened?

I hope it all went well and that you're too caught up in your life to tell the tale here.

Actually it's lainey who got a microphone, said that she shared the same birthday with Morrissey, not Jose (she celebrated her birthday last week).

PAGING JOSE!!

No, as Kewpie said that wasn't me! :o
But I got a handshake from Moz, so it was a good night. :)
Not the best Moz gig I've been to, but still okay.

No, as Kewpie said that wasn't me! :o
But I got a handshake from Moz, so it was a good night. :)
Not the best Moz gig I've been to, but still okay.

Thanks for the answers, Jose and Kewpie!

I'm glad you got a handshake. As for not being the best but still okay, I'm glad he didn't cancel on you! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom