"Shoplifters Of The World" movie released (March 26, 2021)

"Shoplifters Of The World" is released today in theaters and on-demand

1987. Denver, Co. One crazy night in the life of four friends reeling from the sudden demise of iconic British band The Smiths, while the local airwaves are hijacked at gunpoint by an impassioned Smiths fan.

full

New reviews/media:
'shoplifters movie' tag - Previous reviews/media

Related items:

its ok for a one time watch,it wont change your life.
Come on gordy if anyone was ever going to over review this ,
I thought it might be you ...😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩
We’re now gonna be f***ed now on here.........
BUT YOU KNOW ME ... ILL FIGHT
ALL NIGHT .....
well done son ... 😇😇😇😇

If I didn't like Morrissey any more, I wouldn't even think about the film, but my Twitter timeline is flooded with comments about it from people who bought into the demonisation.

I swear it's pathological.

c2ae605403990630a2f7f58960bab2e9.jpg

Anyone else notice in the closing credits that 'Barbarism begins at home' was wrongly shown as 'Barbarism starts at home'?
I thought the film was rubbish, I didn't like the un-called for side swipes at Moz either, but obviously the music was fabulous.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
...While I have your attention (or not), Sam, could you explain the plot again? I understood it was 87 minutes of various people lifting shirts.
Is there a stupendous plot twist? 2 minutes before the end, does someone quite accidentally find out your uncle is gay?
:drama:

This movie is for tweens, who have absolutely no interest in the Smiths. It could’ve been something, if John Hughes were alive and at the helm. The only obvious thing it illustrates is that Morrissey once had something to offer, lyrically. ...but other than absolute felching slugs, like Karen and Tiny-B, nobody’s giving this the time of day.

...like a Melvis album.

What a wasted opportunity.

Fak Arf.

Come on gordy if anyone was ever going to over review this ,
I thought it might be you ...😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩
We’re now gonna be f***ed now on here.........
BUT YOU KNOW ME ... ILL FIGHT
ALL NIGHT .....
well done son ... 😇😇😇😇
You couldn’t fight your way out of bag of crisps, ya lippy wee twat.

If I didn't like Morrissey any more, I wouldn't even think about the film, but my Twitter timeline is flooded with comments about it from people who bought into the demonisation.

I swear it's pathological.

View attachment 70175
It is possible to absolutely adore the work of the Smiths and now, think that Morrissey is a complete and utter c&$t. It’s not that difficult to grasp, Karen.

Record sales don’t lie. ...but you’re not a collector. You’re a fawning sycophant. The Smiths still outsell ANYTHING Morrissey has released in his solo career. Every f$&king day of the week.

You are sleeping. You do not want to believe...

Should I wait until I have to pay 99p
To watch this Karen.... your view
Is far more important than most on here??
Her view is just as pathetic and worthless as yours. Just watch the bloody rubbish. We all know you’ll say it’s greatest film ever made. 🤡

It is possible to absolutely adore the work of the Smiths and now, think that Morrissey is a complete and utter c&$t. It’s not that difficult to grasp, Karen.

Record sales don’t lie. ...but you’re not a collector. You’re a fawning sycophant. The Smiths still outsell ANYTHING Morrissey has released in his solo career. Every f$&king day of the week.

You are sleeping. You do not want to believe...

If you're obsessively talking about someone you hate, whose work you adore, then you're a twisted prat.

HAMILL TIME WITH JULIE HAMILL EP 90: SHOPLIFTERS OF THE CREATIONAL ELEMENTS

Julie's review of the film begins at 54 minutes in.

Regards,
FWD.

I watched the movie today and it's obviously a movie made from a fan for fans but I enjoyed it a lot, it was very entertaining and I can't imagine not enjoying a movie in which you're listening to The Smiths every 5 minutes, anyway.
I thought the lines from Smiths lyrics were cleverly used like all the other references.
It seems that is not the case with the usual whiners on the forum but that was to be expected.

Another continuity issue was the record playing Meat Is Murder in the middle of the album. It's the last track on the album. It could not have been playing that song.

For anyone interested, the non-Smiths tracks used in the film:

Why? - Bronski Beat
Heaven's Gonna Have To Wait - Extreme Music
All Going Out Together - Big Dipper
For Your Love (I Shed A Million Tears) - Little Bessie (1961)
Man On The Moon - The MTV Theme
And Then She Smiles - A Certain Ratio
Bark At The Moon - Ozzy Osbourne
Lovin' In The First Degree - Extreme Music
Pretend - credited to 'Casheles', but I believe it's actually The Cashmeres - Barbarism Begins At Home is titled Barbarism Starts At Home in the credits, so pinch of salt...

Regards,
FWD.

Tags
shoplifters movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom