Should Morrissey have paid Joyce the million?

Very true. He may not have, to be fair. But he must have at some point, i'd assume.

I think the order on Morrissey is still out there, were he to return here to live.

I don't think it is as Morrissey eventually made the payment due. At the time he claimed he was out of the country and didn't realise the payment was due.

I don't think it is as Morrissey eventually made the payment due. At the time he claimed he was out of the country and didn't realise the payment was due.
In that case my whole point was obsolete, in a way.

Although i don't think he should have paid, i never realised he did.

Well at least this thread informed me of that! Not a complete waste of time.

In that case my whole point was obsolete, in a way.

Although i don't think he should have paid, i never realised he did.

Well at least this thread informed me of that! Not a complete waste of time.

I found this - Morrissey failed to make his final payment because, he said, he was overseas in 2001 and did not receive the paperwork. Joyce obtained a default judgement against Morrissey, revised his outstanding claim to £688,000, and secured orders to claim a hold of the singer's income and assets in the UK. This was a source of ongoing inconvenience and grievance to Morrissey, who estimated that Joyce had cost him at least £1,515,000 in recovered royalties and legal fees up to 30 November 2005.

I agree but did he know?
I think you're being overly generous on this. If you were pursuing such a claim I'm sure your barrister would appraise you on their intentions.

Or are you suggesting Joyce was ignorant of it all?

Much like his knowledge, or lack of, the 10% arrangement with The Smiths.

As if you never had a typo....jesus. So again: source? As far as I know he didn't have to pay, "only" carried the contractual burden with EMI.
how long did it take you to google that.maybe there was a rice crispie trapped beneath the o on your laptop.

I found this - Morrissey failed to make his final payment because, he said, he was overseas in 2001 and did not receive the paperwork. Joyce obtained a default judgement against Morrissey, revised his outstanding claim to £688,000, and secured orders to claim a hold of the singer's income and assets in the UK. This was a source of ongoing inconvenience and grievance to Morrissey, who estimated that Joyce had cost him at least £1,515,000 in recovered royalties and legal fees up to 30 November 2005.

that is why there will never be a smiths reunion,thank god.

Cheers Surface(y)

I think you're being overly generous on this. If you were pursuing such a claim I'm sure your barrister would appraise you on their intentions.

Or are you suggesting Joyce was ignorant of it all?

Much like his knowledge, or lack of, the 10% arrangement with The Smiths.
Especially when you read how it was detailed in Morrissey's autobiography.

Maybe he was just that ignorant/thick/desperate though.

Or truly misguided enough to believe he deserved the money.

And because Marr is too sanctimonious to do it.
i think marr would do it in a minute because hes now playing the game,he would stipulate,I MUST HAVE KYLIE SINGING BACKING VOCALS TO MEAT IS MURDER BEFORE I SIGN ANY c***RACT.

Back
Top Bottom