Showstar cover "Everyday Is Like Sunday"

vu / We Heart Music sends the press release from Showstar:

EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY
NEW TRACK
Hey ! We have a new track and, blimey, it's a cover of "Everyday Is Like Sunday" by Morrissey!
Listen right now : soundcloud.com/showstar/everyday
The track was recorded and mixed by Allan Snon, the great.

It will be released on cassette (!!!) for the Cassette Store Day (october 8th) via our french record label : My Dear Recordings.
The tape is the first release from the Dialog Tape Series. It's a dialog between Pamela Hute and us featuring two previously unreleased tracks.

The cassettes will also be offered as gifts for all first 100 attendees on september 15 at the Supersonic in Paris (My Dear Recordings Launch Party). Come Armageddon! Come!

39096_showstar_everyday.jpg

Image : Caroline Tompkins

S H O W S T A R
www.showstar.be

Calamine... I live in the U.S. and Belle and Sebastian and The Divine Comedy are two of my favorite bands next to The Smiths. Neil Hannon (The Divine Comedy) is capable of writing lyrics every bit as good as Morrissey's. I agree Belle and Sebastian are annoyingly twee at times but when they're firing on all cylinders they're great. I always thought Neil Hannon would've made a great Jack Skellington on Broadway!
Well the good thing is that they are there to be discovered. Some really good bands don't make it in the US and it's nice to start liking a "new" band and find that they have a dozen records.

Well the good thing is that they are there to be discovered. Some really good bands don't make it in the US and it's nice to start liking a "new" band and find that they have a dozen records.
Hey Calamine... if you want to try out Belle and Sebastian I'd start off with the albums "The Boy With The Arab Strap" "If You're Feeling Sinister" and/or "Dear Catastrophe Waitress." Avoid "Storytelling" like it's a contagious disease. They care about sleeve art and their B sides are usually great as well. It's hard not to like them. Not sure where to suggest you start with Divine Comedy because they're sort of an acquired taste. And "they" are, basically, Neil Hannon in the same way The Cure is, basically, Robert Smith. Maybe "A Secret History... The Best of The Divine Comedy." See what songs you like most on that one and then seek out the albums they are on? They are one of those bands that their albums need to grow on you.

Tigermilk is where it's at. They never bettered it though Arab strap came close. I don't really care for sinister that much. Compared to the previous two mentioned it seems to sparse. The life pursuit was also really good and probably my third fav. I saw them at merry weather pavilion around write about love and the place seemed pretty full. Same place I saw the decemberists and wilco so they were playing some comparable venues or at least in that case

Tigermilk is where it's at. They never bettered it though Arab strap came close. I don't really care for sinister that much. Compared to the previous two mentioned it seems to sparse. The life pursuit was also really good and probably my third fav. I saw them at merry weather pavilion around write about love and the place seemed pretty full. Same place I saw the decemberists and wilco so they were playing some comparable venues or at least in that case
Expectations off of Tigermilk is probably one of my all time favorite songs- first time since I heard the Smiths that a song stopped me in my tracks and gave me goosebumps. I can't disagree with you that it's a great album.

Expectations off of Tigermilk is probably one of my all time favorite songs- first time since I heard the Smiths that a song stopped me in my tracks and gave me goosebumps. I can't disagree with you that it's a great album.

It is good and it use in Juno probably helped them a bit here in the states. Speaking of I'm still a sucker for the state I'm in and sometimes I wonder what they would've sounded like doing an electro pop album in the vein of electronic renaissance. I think my real fav on that album though, it changes of course, is I don't love anymore. What'd you think of the life pursuit. I loved the single funny little frog and another sunny day was pretty ace. Had bit of the glam funk influence of Bowie but I thought it was a nice return and liked it more so than waitress

It is good and it use in Juno probably helped them a bit here in the states. Speaking of I'm still a sucker for the state I'm in and sometimes I wonder what they would've sounded like doing an electro pop album in the vein of electronic renaissance. I think my real fav on that album though, it changes of course, is I don't love anymore. What'd you think of the life pursuit. I loved the single funny little frog and another sunny day was pretty ace. Had bit of the glam funk influence of Bowie but I thought it was a nice return and liked it more so than waitress
The Life Pursuit was great... the only albums of theirs I don't absolutely love are Fold Your hands Child and Storytelling. There are a couple of great songs on Fold Your Hands though... Nice Day for a Sulk, Women's Realm, There's Too Much Love. I always liked Electronic Renaissance as well and would have liked to hear an album more in that vein (but I suppose that's what Looper is for?)

The Life Pursuit was great... the only albums of theirs I don't absolutely love are Fold Your hands Child and Storytelling. There are a couple of great songs on Fold Your Hands though... Nice Day for a Sulk, Women's Realm, There's Too Much Love. I always liked Electronic Renaissance as well and would have liked to hear an album more in that vein (but I suppose that's what Looper is for?)

That song still just sounds o unique to me. I generally agree about there albums. I got tiger milk, then Arab strap so when I then bought sinister it just sounded out of place. Still a fine album but compared to the lyrical density of songs like the state I'm in and it could have been a brilliant career it just seemed super thin maybe. Light and sparse. I kinda wondered about them being labeled super twee until I heard that one. As a result it kinda sits weird with me. Isabel had some nice solo stuff as well

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom