Singapore - Fort Canning Park (May 8, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Black Cloud / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Alma Matters / First Of The Gang To Die / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / I Know It's Over / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

set list provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by Giselle.

• Morrissey delights fans at Fort Canning Park by Eddino Abdul Hadi - The Straights Times (3 photos by Lau Fook Kong). Link posted by goinghome.

singapore01.jpg
  • Concert Review: Morrissey by Kevin Matthews (3 photos) - TodayOnline. Link posted by goinghome.
  • Morrissey, give us more, more, more! by Victoria Barker - MyPaper. Link from myboyracer.
  • Photo from skuirtgun / Instagram. Link from Miss Garden.

singapore.jpg

Last edited:
I found this on Twitter: (@setlistfm)
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/morrissey/2012/fort-canning-park-singapore-singapore-2bdfb00e.html#.T6lrQnOOEd9.twitter

15 songs

How Soon Is Now?
You Have Killed Me
You're The One For Me, Fatty
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Shoplifters Of The World Unite
Meat Is Murder
First Of The Gang To Die
Black Cloud
Let Me Kiss You
When Last I Spoke To Carol
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Speedway

Encore:
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
That setlist in incorrect because its missing I Know Its Over and Alma Matters!!!

Last edited:
They did not perform "Still Ill" even though they soundchecked earlier in the afternoon.

I was in Singapore working these last 3 days. Today was insufferable heat-wise for us westerners...
I'm now in KL and heading to Jakarta for the gig on Thursday, as yet a ticket is proving hard to get a hold of.
If any kind soul in Jakarta can put me in touch with a source I'd be eternally thankful
Lastparty

I heard levis is sponsoring the event and they giving away tickets, but you have to purchase their product in levis stores to get the ticket.. You can give it a try ..

Loved the sound, and most of the interpretation, also loved the fact that the crowd wasn't too big. It made the gig almost intimate.

But the heat and humidity were terrible, even by local standards, and that might explain why half the crowd was dozing off. Must have been hard to play in thses conditions.

Having said that, 15 songs including the Encore is a bloody joke. Not playing songs like Suedehead and Last of the Famous International Playboys, and calling this a "Greatest Hits Tour"? Come on!!!

Granted the crowd wasn't great, but there wasn't any generosisty in Morrissey's performance.

I really enjoyed this concert and was very lucky to be there - I didn't find out about it until 8pm!!! Been listening to Morrissey and The Smiths since a teenager in the 80s and this was my first Morrissey concert.

I have to say though, the crowd was embarrassingly quiet sometimes and I was quite surprised we even got an encore.

"Still Ill" and "November Spawned A Monster" were played at the soundcheck. Unfortunetly, neither song made the setlist.

Have to agree with Boris regarding setlist. Disappointingly short. I would have loved to heard "Suedehead" and "I Have Forgiven In Jesus" amongst others.

It was an endurance test for the crowd - let alone Morrissey!

Last edited:
Worst audience ever. People stood static throughout. If anybody tried to dance or jump enthusiastically they were treated to angry scowls from "irritated" neighbours trying to quietly enjoy the gig, not wanting anybody else's skin to come into contact with theirs. Many were too lazy to clap, cheer, scream. At the end of one song Moz said something along the lines of "this is the end of the song.. usually there is applause..." i could sense his disappointment at the poor response and turnout (less than 2,000? i estimate). yet he was still utmost professional, giving his best on vocals. I am singaporean and am grateful that great acts like Morrissey are being brought in, but sometimes I feel like we don't deserve to have them come. Our audiences are utterly clueless..

What show were you at?

Morrissey was quite grateful with the response, I thought. Yes, turnout was low but he didn't seem concerned. It certainly made for an intimate venue.

You've got that remark wrong, by the way. Morrissey was being self-deprecating and said "This is the end of the song and usually there is silence" to a loud applause.

Those down at the front were happy to dance around. Of course, at any venue you will come across those who are soaking up the music and don't want to be troubled by pogoing idiots. That is standard.

Last edited:
he was good, although acts like morrissey, placebo, manics,... they all are miles better if you catch them in london or ny than in singapore or hk.

- not enough people, not enough applause, not cool enough....? gimme a break. who cares? 'singapore....this is your life!'

Moz usually comes back for an encore with one song.

I really enjoyed this concert and was very lucky to be there - I didn't find out about it until 8pm!!! Been listening to Morrissey and The Smiths since a teenager in the 80s and this was my first Morrissey concert.

I have to say though, the crowd was embarrassingly quiet sometimes and I was quite surprised we even got an encore.

I enjoyed myself the whole time! Quite a decent turnout but the weather was really hot. Not sure if Morrissey will ever come back to Singapore but I hope he do. He looked like he enjoyed Singapore as well. Just a pity that he didn't play There's a Light, Suedehead, Interesting Drug, Hairdresser On Fire, The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get... and many more. Hope he come backs and do those songs. We probably have to wait a long time for that but I am glad I saw him last night. No regrets! Best night ever!

Just picked up tix, only have vip left 22mil each, I think you could easily turn up & see what is on offer at the gate, a taxi will cost very little presuming you are in cbd, just be sure to leave enough time, if you need any help just shout

Just turned up early and rushed to the front once the gates are open. You may touch be able to reach for his hand .... just stretch out and wait .... :D

Just picked up tix, only have vip left 22mil each, I think you could easily turn up & see what is on offer at the gate, a taxi will cost very little presuming you are in cbd, just be sure to leave enough time, if you need any help just shout

loved OSCAR was the first of the gang.. as for the crowd, it was live enough, yes they are polite, but its their nature.. manc

I thought OSCAR was the first of the gang was very fitting;) , As for the crowd they wasn't exactly static, however it is in there nature to be polite, so not a surprise really, still a great gig

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150927715281133.479088.646346132&type=1

Some pictures I took from the Singapore's concert yesterday.

I was very surprised and glad Morrissey accepted my humble mediocre drawing of him at the end of the concert. Thank you so much! =D

omg you were the one? his expression was priceless!

anyhow, he did say that usually at the end of the song there is applause. and indeed there was silence. embarrassing but it was still a blast to be within 10m of him. still swooning..

Setlist:
As posted on Twitter via @setlistfm

How Soon Is Now?,
You Have Killed Me,
Fatty,
Alma Matters,
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris,
Shoplifters Of The World Unite,
Meat Is Murder,
First Of The Gang To Die,
Black Cloud,
Let Me Kiss You,