Small piece in Daily Express today

Sphinx

I am less than nothing
I think someone has been reading the poll on the front page.........must be a slow day for news at the Express (text as follows - I'll try to scan it when I get to desk, old headshot from 2004 used - again)

Cover it up, Mozza!

Having seen their hero recently turn 48, embarrassed fans of morose warbler Morrissey are now calling on him to stop stripping down to the waist during shows.
While Mozza has traditionally torn off his shirt during concerts, hundreds of fans are now registering their opposition on websites claiming the singer is "too long in the tooth" to be appearing half-naked on stage.
"At the end of the day, Morrissey isn't the slim young thing he once was and actually has a bit of a middle-aged spread these days," confesses our Mozza source. "A large percentage of fans now actually feel rather embarrassed when he insists on stripping off as it's not a particularly pretty sight".
Time to hit the gym, Morrissey?

Grr idiots I work with couldn't get hold of me fast enough to read this out

What a load of bollox! I hav't heard a single word from anywhere - What fans? Where? I wish I could get a job wherre you sit arround making up shit all day.!?

:mad:

Evidently the Express didn't pay attention to the 28% of people who wanted him to rip off his trousers and everything else at the same time :rolleyes: they went for the option with the lowest percentage, just to make Moz look bad. Back to normal in Press-land then.

HA! we should send them the frink thread! what a load of crap that article is!

If we were the type to get embarrassed about reality (and beauty in my view) then we would never have listened to him in the first place.

Evidently the Express didn't pay attention to the 28% of people who wanted him to rip off his trousers and everything else at the same time :rolleyes: they went for the option with the lowest percentage, just to make Moz look bad. Back to normal in Press-land then.

Another lazy journalism and ageism exposed...

Was there no new theories about Lady Diana's death for them to publish today? Surely by omitting this piece about Morrissey, they could have crammed in some further outrage over her photos being shown on Channel 4 next week?

Seriously, this newspaper DEFINES lazy journalism. Pathetic, rabble-rousing fear mongering spring is the phrase that springs to mind......

Case and point:
Express1.jpg
">

Morrissey fans have only themselves to blame. If they choose to analyse every little thing the man does they can't expect the tabloids not to pick up on it. Neither can they sit on their high horse about it, can they? :p

As John Cooper Clark once said "you'll never see a nipple in the daily express"

love

Grim

This stupid story was read out on Steve Wright today which is annoying as it's now going to be repeated ad infinitum in the future as fact when whereas if you look at the poll it is actually a load of bollocks anyway.
That's one of the reasons the owner of this site shouldn't allow stuff like this on, it's insulting to Morrissey and just a big open invitation for weirdos to post their foul comments.

This stupid story was read out on Steve Wright today which is annoying as it's now going to be repeated ad infinitum in the future as fact when whereas if you look at the poll it is actually a load of bollocks anyway.
That's one of the reasons the owner of this site shouldn't allow stuff like this on, it's insulting to Morrissey and just a big open invitation for weirdos to post their foul comments.

David. Are you listening?

Not to be cynical, but you know the saying "any publicity is good publicity"? If this makes more people aware that Moz is alive and well and currently on tour, it's not so bad. He doesn't have record company support anymore, so he might be happy for the free advertising.

Oh Dear... just look at our poll:

only 13% of the voters don't want him take his shirt off, AND WHAT DO THEY WRITE??:mad::mad: most people Love it and FIGHT for those shirts...

and yes, I've picked this "news" item in other websites as well, unfortunately :(

We should sent them the Frink Thread :D

Oh, I get it....

When our Moz takes off his shirt at gigs and reveals his tanned if somewhat rounded tummy to the audience, that's embarrassing and gross, but when Beth Ditto strips her morbidly obese self naked for the front cover of the NME, then we're sexist and sizeist to insult her, right? :rolleyes:

I know, and I'm not even going to mention Britney Spears getting out of the limo sans panties...

Let's just say Mozzie's slightly tubby body is vastly more appealing.

You have to laugh don't you, and it's the fault of this site, however, at least it gives Mozza a bit of publicity, so those who have forgotten about him will know very well that he is still around, and as big as ever (apart from the waist line).

I know, and I'm not even going to mention Britney Spears getting out of the limo sans panties...

I'm sure there is a joke in here somewhere about the twat that wrote the article, but I can't think of it!!!!! :D

morrissey should sue :)

and we should put a poll on the main page which would go something like: "should the Daily Express go f*** themselves." or something like that. it's not the first time the Media turned to the pages of morrissey-solo.com for a story.

and where is this source from? are the quotes straight from posts on this site? they are probably just made up. :mad:

Wow, this really sticks in my craw.

You know, there are only a few things I find beautiful in this world; a newborn baby; an autumn sunset; and the sight of Morrissey without his shirt on.

And as God as my witness, if he stops taking off his shirt because of this stupid poll posted on this site (which I believe is the main source of this drivel) I shall leap onto the stage at the Borgota and rip off my own goddamn shirt!

Then, you folks will really know what " too long in the tooth' really means. :p

Back
Top Bottom