Smiths sweater worn in Halloween episode of The Daily Show

Sadly not a single conversation has been started because of my Morrissey jumper. I wear in hope, though.

It is a very nice sweater but maybe the silhouette of his head and the words Viva Moz are not immediately recognizable due to the color scheme.
I assume people would just make you compliments because they appreciate the colors and think it is a nice sweater.
When I had my Moz tattoo on my arm (the name), people asked me about it.
They were intrigued.
Nobody knew about him.

Great!
Thank you for this.
I am a great fan of Lou Reed!
:thumb:

yeah sure...

Shoulder Pads #1

All these fads
It's shoulder pads

On New Year's Dawn
To my surprise
All the Macca lads stayed at home
Picking antiques
and clotheses
Cosy flecked with green bits
Main undercurrent, white spermatoze

My powers
Against them, half-useless
My senses
Are like hard putty

Was embarrassed but stuck with them
Walked, at shoulder, down the street, ridicule
They couldn't tell Lou Reed from Doug Yule
Suppressed hate romance

It was like being back at school

My powers before them resound
My powers heard language, two-time doom

yeah sure...

Shoulder Pads #1

All these fads
It's shoulder pads

On New Year's Dawn
To my surprise
All the Macca lads stayed at home
Picking antiques
and clotheses
Cosy flecked with green bits
Main undercurrent, white spermatoze

My powers
Against them, half-useless
My senses
Are like hard putty

Was embarrassed but stuck with them
Walked, at shoulder, down the street, ridicule
They couldn't tell Lou Reed from Doug Yule
Suppressed hate romance

It was like being back at school

My powers before them resound
My powers heard language, two-time doom

I am not ashamed to admit I have no idea to where this is from.
Please enlighten me.
Interesting text, but I certainly could tell Lou Reed from Doug Yule.

It never occurred to me it was Doug Yule at the stage when I saw him live in Amsterdam, so many years ago.
It was at a hight of his heroin use and although his stage show was influenced by it and had a negative effect on it, it was a dazzling show and experience. I had never seen and heard a more charismatic, strange and impressive pop/rocksimger. He had a great band, hard hitting and full of energy, but the more softer, introspective songs were played too.

It was at the time of Rock and Roll Animal and that album raised a lot of criticism. He didn't do that whole album. There were some songs from Transformer and Berlin too.
Lou didn't really sing at that time, it was more a declamation, ha. Like a poet reading his poems but at a somewhat higher volume. Supprisingly, it worked very well with the music accompaning him. At least for me.

After the show it was known he had to be transported to the hospital urgently, in fear of having an OD.
I had the albums Transformer and Berlin and than bought everything available from him. Everything from the Velvet Underground and after that.
If it wasn't Moz, it was Lou for me. :thumb:

Please enlighten me.

It never occurred to me it was Doug Yule at the stage when I saw him live in Amsterdam, so many years ago.
It was at a hight of his heroin use and although his stage show was influenced by it and had a negative effect on it, it was a dazzling show and experience. I had never seen and heard a more charismatic, strange and impressive pop/rocksimger. He had a great band, hard hitting and full of energy, but the more softer, introspective songs were played too.

It was at the time of Rock and Roll Animal and that album raised a lot of criticism. He didn't do that whole album. There were some songs from Transformer and Berlin too.
Lou didn't really sing at that time, it was more a declamation, ha. Like a poet reading his poems but at a somewhat higher volume. Supprisingly, it worked very well with the music accompaning him. At least for me.

After the show it was known he had to be transported to the hospital urgently, in fear of having an OD.
I had the albums Transformer and Berlin and than bought everything available from him. Everything from the Velvet Underground and after that.

I don't think people realize when it's Doug singing on record. Berlin was one of his best. I've also really come to appreciate street hassle despite the recording.

Please enlighten me.

'When Bowie first went to America back in ’71 he was thrilled to find that the Velvet Underground were playing a hometown show at New York’s Electric Circus (he fancied himself as the band’s number one British fan) and determined to make an impression, spent the entire gig front-and-centre ostentatiously mouthing along to all the words.

After the gig he made for the dressing room panting with anticipation at meeting his idol, Lou Reed. Upon knocking on the door he explained to one of the other band members that he’d like to meet Lou. Looking bemused the fella disappeared only to return with the vocalist in tow. Bowie spent ten magical minutes talking to Lou about songwriting before the two parted on good terms.

The following day he told his local guide how brilliant the Velvets’ show was and how it had been one of the highlights of his life to make the acquaintance of Lou Reed. It was at this point that it was finally pointed out to him that Lou Reed had in fact left the band the previous year and he’d actually been speaking to his replacement, Doug Yule.'

Last edited:
Number 7 seems to be your style, maybe number 6.
whoaaa lady, how'd you know?! those are the very two i cant decide between. that is, AFTER the smiths daffodil sweater which is a given. i dont like any of the others as much as the daffodil one but decided i should probably buy a different one as well as that one, so as to guard against my life reverting back to the bleak state of being morrissey-sweaterless in the case that something unfortunate should happen to either one. i briefly considered some of the more colourful ones but at last very sensibly decided im not fun enough for any of those. so yeah, either 6 or 7. im not sure how i feel about wearing something with a persons face on it, but i do like the idea of it being morrissey's face. i dont know, im torn.

Thank you Ketamine Sun for the information on Bowie . Very funny ! By the way keep working in all The Fall references that you can . Love it !!!!

'When Bowie first went to America back in ’71 he was thrilled to find that the Velvet Underground were playing a hometown show at New York’s Electric Circus (he fancied himself as the band’s number one British fan) and determined to make an impression, spent the entire gig front-and-centre ostentatiously mouthing along to all the words.

After the gig he made for the dressing room panting with anticipation at meeting his idol, Lou Reed. Upon knocking on the door he explained to one of the other band members that he’d like to meet Lou. Looking bemused the fella disappeared only to return with the vocalist in tow. Bowie spent ten magical minutes talking to Lou about songwriting before the two parted on good terms.

The following day he told his local guide how brilliant the Velvets’ show was and how it had been one of the highlights of his life to make the acquaintance of Lou Reed. It was at this point that it was finally pointed out to him that Lou Reed had in fact left the band the previous year and he’d actually been speaking to his replacement, Doug Yule.'

That was a great story, Ketamine!
Thank you so much! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom