Smiths tribute night axed over Morrissey's politics - Birmingham Live

Smiths tribute night axed as organisers tire of defending Morrissey's politics - Birmingham Live
Dwindling crowds at Panic on the Streets of Birmingham at Eden Bar

Quote: "A Birmingham (UK) tribute night dedicated to The Smiths has been axed - after organisers grew tired of defending Morrissey's controversial political views."

Seems a bit drastic as Smiths/Morrissey fans are disappointed the popular evening out was pulled:

"Many fans took to social media to express their sadness at the news.

On Facebook, Danny Grainger said: "Me and my dad came to the first one it was brilliant great memories. I also met an ex-girlfriend at one of these nights, hope you have some good photos."

John Keir commented: "Great disco and has been a brilliant after-show following the Brum gigs. A real shame. Thanks for some great nights."

2_JS55971765.jpg

UPDATE 4:50PM PT:

Posted by Famous when dead:

The actual post & reaction:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's impossible to combine liberalism with democracy so that party if anything are all about false marketing. Liberalism is the idea to free the individual from the state and even allow people to be free from state run power that they call democracy.

I've never known what they stood for. Never voted for em.
They never knew themselves but added democrat to become a bit like social democrats cause they are far from any liberals as they want to end free speech and internet freedom and more.

Who would dare to even visit Birmingham, perhaps the most violent place in the whole of the UK and Europe. You can't find white people there unless they are paid a lot of money to play for the local football sides.

How about if they promised to only do Smiths songs :lbf:

What exactly are Moz’ views? He’s claimed to support For Britain, and he once wore that badge we are all quite tired hearing about. But has he ever come out and said: “My thoughts on [immigration], [muslims] and the (so called) [white race] are xyz”? Why are the PC so quick to condemn and why are the alt-right so quick to claim that Moz is a white supremacist? Both are miles off the mark. Both groups moronic. One so disgustingly high and mighty and the other so embarrassingly deluded.

I’ve said it once or twice before, but I’ll say it again: Moz longs for the Britain of his youth and of his parents youth. The Britain represented on those old Smiths sleeves. The Britain represented in A Taste of Honey, Billy Liar and The Servant. He thinks that Anne Marie Waters, who also happens to be queer, Irish and vegan (three VERY important variables), can make these dreams come true. And thus, here we are.

What exactly are Moz’ views? He’s claimed to support For Britain, and he once wore that badge we are all quite tired hearing about. But has he ever come out and said: “My thoughts on [immigration], [muslims] and the (so called) [white race] are xyz”? Why are the PC so quick to condemn and why are the alt-right so quick to claim that Moz is a white supremacist? Both are miles off the mark. Both groups moronic. One so disgustingly high and mighty and the other so embarrassingly deluded.

I’ve said it once or twice before, but I’ll say it again: Moz longs for the Britain of his youth and of his parents youth. The Britain represented on those old Smiths sleeves. The Britain represented in A Taste of Honey, Billy Liar and The Servant. He thinks that Anne Marie Waters, who also happens to be queer, Irish and vegan (three VERY important variables), can make these dreams come true. And thus, here we are.

You can be patriotic without being a Nazi. You can be against mass immigration without wearing a white hood. Bragg talks about racist tropes but he uses them constantly.

I once thought Birmingham did not exist and was like a english joke or something. You never heard anyone say anything nice about the place and the people so it was like this non stop joke somehow.

There is nothing good that ever came from the place and even the american Birmingham has more things going for them than the english original.

Just the name of the place gives me the creeps. such a dark and heavy name for all the wrong reasons.

If you brits realised that July is a summer month unlike August and went on your holidays then instead of later we would not need these bitter comments from people who always realise too late that it is actually summertime.

You do not live in Spain or Italy where it makes sense to go on holiday in August nor are you greeks. Let the kids out from school and allow them to dress the way they want instead of wearing a paedophiles dream of a uniform and maybe you will stop becoming the psychopaths you all became from bullying.

Can you dig it?

well racists trolls "supporting" Morrissey is exactly the reason why this night got cancelled

the more you are the less such nights will be held

good so

The actual post & reaction:

"Unfortunately "Panic On The Streets Of Birmingham" at the fabulous Eden Bar has come to an end due to the drop in numbers over the past twelve months. The venue as a business can no longer sustain holding our event in the marquee on their busiest night of the week, which we fully understand.

The crowds have dwindled, but for us, to get embroiled in all of the politics and attempting to defend Morrissey's comments or beliefs has become so tedious, when ultimately our event was about a disco / fan club night, celebrating his music and embracing his unique poetry and lyrical artistry .

We want to wish Cal, Garry and Steve at Eden Bar, every sucsuss in the future and a big thank you for allowing us to share your fabulous venue and giving us the opportunity to play Morrissey's music to such a fabulous bunch of warm hearted, fun and passionate people over the past five years. We've made some amazing friends for life along the way and we're truly grateful for this.

A huge thank you to everyone who has attended and travelled from near and far. It's everyone of you that made each night feel special. We look forward to keeping in touch with everyone we've met over the years and maybe we can use this opportunity as a bit of breathing space and let the dust settle (if it ever does). We may rekindle the flame in the future and find a suitable venue (maybe once or twice a year) but for now all we can do is say a big massive thankyou to everyone who's supported the night. It's been a blast.

Viva Morrissey!

Brummie Love x
Scott Elliot Conor
Jo & Lyndsey"

Even I might have been to one ;)
Hopefully, as they are good organisers, it will re-emerge.
Regards,
FWD.

Lib - dem are a bunch of two faced bastards, hopping into bed with the tories and look where it got them. Now they want to stop the British electorate from having their say. What a total bunch of fools
Liberals of all countries always turned themselves into a road block in politics. Straw hat bastards the lot of them.

How about if they promised to only do Smiths songs :lbf:

When Marr has to cancel shows because of all this hoo-ha then you know it’s gotten bad in Soviet Britain.

When that happens, I’m sure Marr will start defending Morrissey in order to save his bread and butter which is the Smiths legacy.

You can be patriotic without being a Nazi. You can be against mass immigration without wearing a white hood. Bragg talks about racist tropes but he uses them constantly.
Yep and it is like it is ok to be teacher slob but never a well dressed nationalist in military uniform. Take David Eason in USA who has been banned from every show by the jews cause he is a Trump supporting nationalist who questions the homo lobby and everything else you are not allowed to question.

Jews fear strong white men.

Yep and it is like it is ok to be teacher slob but never a well dressed nationalist in military uniform. Take David Eason in USA who has been banned from every show by the jews cause he is a Trump supporting nationalist who questions the homo lobby and everything else you are not allowed to question.

Jews fear strong white men.

Oh, you're an anti-semite? You're talking to the wrong person there. Take your globalist theorys about Jews running the world and use them as a suppository. Bye bye.

Oh, you're an anti-semite? You're talking to the wrong person there. Take your globalist theorys about Jews running the world and use them as a suppository. Bye bye.
Sure will and I already knew you're not the real deal here but I had to test your guts. Anti semitism is a label they put on people who question their rights to do whatever they feel like.

I talk about powerful jews who run the global agenda. You will wake up and agree with me.

You are a jew yourself Mister Hofman and your picture and not least the nose gives it away. I can spot a jew from miles away.

Adding an extra N to your surname was a desperate attempt by jews to go under the radar. I urge you to study it as I know the background to every jewish surname and have held lectures on it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom