Smiths tribute night axed over Morrissey's politics - Birmingham Live

Smiths tribute night axed as organisers tire of defending Morrissey's politics - Birmingham Live
Dwindling crowds at Panic on the Streets of Birmingham at Eden Bar

Quote: "A Birmingham (UK) tribute night dedicated to The Smiths has been axed - after organisers grew tired of defending Morrissey's controversial political views."

Seems a bit drastic as Smiths/Morrissey fans are disappointed the popular evening out was pulled:

"Many fans took to social media to express their sadness at the news.

On Facebook, Danny Grainger said: "Me and my dad came to the first one it was brilliant great memories. I also met an ex-girlfriend at one of these nights, hope you have some good photos."

John Keir commented: "Great disco and has been a brilliant after-show following the Brum gigs. A real shame. Thanks for some great nights."

2_JS55971765.jpg

UPDATE 4:50PM PT:

Posted by Famous when dead:

The actual post & reaction:

Last edited by a moderator:
well racists trolls "supporting" Morrissey is exactly the reason why this night got cancelled

the more you are the less such nights will be held

good so
Funny that some people who like him got banned from partying and dancing. The once missing out on those nights are people from both sides of the argument.

I am all for banning clubs and bars and public places. They are not suitable for the times we live in. I am also for a curfew for young people so mature people can go out.

What exactly are Moz’ views? He’s claimed to support For Britain, and he once wore that badge we are all quite tired hearing about. But has he ever come out and said: “My thoughts on [immigration], [muslims] and the (so called) [white race] are xyz”? Why are the PC so quick to condemn and why are the alt-right so quick to claim that Moz is a white supremacist? Both are miles off the mark. Both groups moronic. One so disgustingly high and mighty and the other so embarrassingly deluded.
I’ve said it once or twice before, but I’ll say it again: Moz longs for the Britain of his youth and of his parents youth. The Britain represented on those old Smiths sleeves. The Britain represented in A Taste of Honey, Billy Liar and The Servant. He thinks that Anne Marie Waters, who also happens to be queer, Irish and vegan (three VERY important variables), can make these dreams come true. And thus, here we are.

Except he didn't wear the badge once. He wore it night after night after night. He wore it at concerts playing to thousands, and he wore it on a TV show broadcast to millions. He wore it continuously until he saw his whole career begin to crumble around him.
As for what are his views exactly, he recently stated that 'everyone prefers their own race', a chilling insight into his own ghastly, f***ed up, toxic mindset. Is that enough for you?

"Unfortunately "Panic On The Streets Of Birmingham" at the fabulous Eden Bar has come to an end due to the drop in numbers over the past twelve months. The venue as a business can no longer sustain holding our event in the marquee on their busiest night of the week, which we fully understand.

The crowds have dwindled, but for us, to get embroiled in all of the politics and attempting to defend Morrissey's comments or beliefs has become so tedious, when ultimately our event was about a disco / fan club night, celebrating his music and embracing his unique poetry and lyrical artistry .

We want to wish Cal, Garry and Steve at Eden Bar, every sucsuss in the future and a big thank you for allowing us to share your fabulous venue and giving us the opportunity to play Morrissey's music to such a fabulous bunch of warm hearted, fun and passionate people over the past five years. We've made some amazing friends for life along the way and we're truly grateful for this.

A huge thank you to everyone who has attended and travelled from near and far. It's everyone of you that made each night feel special. We look forward to keeping in touch with everyone we've met over the years and maybe we can use this opportunity as a bit of breathing space and let the dust settle (if it ever does). We may rekindle the flame in the future and find a suitable venue (maybe once or twice a year) but for now all we can do is say a big massive thankyou to everyone who's supported the night. It's been a blast.

Viva Morrissey!

Brummie Love x
Scott Elliot Conor
Jo & Lyndsey"

Even I might have been to one ;)
Hopefully, as they are good organisers, it will re-emerge.
Regards,
FWD.

"Unfortunately "Panic On The Streets Of Birmingham" at the fabulous Eden Bar has come to an end due to the drop in numbers over the past twelve months. The venue as a business can no longer sustain holding our event in the marquee on their busiest night of the week, which we fully understand.

The crowds have dwindled, but for us, to get embroiled in all of the politics and attempting to defend Morrissey's comments or beliefs has become so tedious, when ultimately our event was about a disco / fan club night, celebrating his music and embracing his unique poetry and lyrical artistry .

We want to wish Cal, Garry and Steve at Eden Bar, every sucsuss in the future and a big thank you for allowing us to share your fabulous venue and giving us the opportunity to play Morrissey's music to such a fabulous bunch of warm hearted, fun and passionate people over the past five years. We've made some amazing friends for life along the way and we're truly grateful for this.

A huge thank you to everyone who has attended and travelled from near and far. It's everyone of you that made each night feel special. We look forward to keeping in touch with everyone we've met over the years and maybe we can use this opportunity as a bit of breathing space and let the dust settle (if it ever does). We may rekindle the flame in the future and find a suitable venue (maybe once or twice a year) but for now all we can do is say a big massive thankyou to everyone who's supported the night. It's been a blast.

Viva Morrissey!

Brummie Love x
Scott Elliot Conor
Jo & Lyndsey"

Regards,
FWD.

i feel really guilty now after reading this and about my earlier post. My sincere apologies

Oh, you're an anti-semite? You're talking to the wrong person there. Take your globalist theorys about Jews running the world and use them as a suppository. Bye bye.
I only question what jews are doing not the other semites like assyrians and arabs. It is obvious you don't know what an anti-semite is. Jews like yourself often make the mistake of thinking you are the only semites which says a lot about the way you people think and have a need to dominate everything.

I deal a lot with assyrians.

If you brits realised that July is a summer month unlike August and went on your holidays then instead of later we would not need these bitter comments from people who always realise too late that it is actually summertime.

You do not live in Spain or Italy where it makes sense to go on holiday in August nor are you greeks. Let the kids out from school and allow them to dress the way they want instead of wearing a paedophiles dream of a uniform and maybe you will stop becoming the psychopaths you all became from bullying.

Can you dig it?
Oohhh somebody could do with a length of Cumberland

Viva Morrissey!

Brummie Love x
Scott Elliot Conor
Jo & Lyndsey"

Regards,
FWD.

A BIG thank you to all involved for their endeavours over the years and for the decision that you had to make. It couldn't have been easy but as far as I'm concrened you have done the right thing for all involved. I'm sure that those who have enjoyed the nights will have some great memories to share. Nights like these used to be stand-out, sold-out nights across the UK. Birmingham, gone. Glasgow, gone. Have others gone too? These nights are no longer sustainable, no longer attractive to Smiths / Morrissey fans?

I’ve said it once or twice before, but I’ll say it again: Moz longs for the Britain of his youth and of his parents youth. The Britain represented on those old Smiths sleeves. The Britain represented in A Taste of Honey, Billy Liar and The Servant. He thinks that Anne Marie Waters, who also happens to be queer, Irish and vegan (three VERY important variables), can make these dreams come true. And thus, here we are.
I believe this to be spot on.
His parents' generation are all but gone--he is in that inevitable position where he is the elder generation, now, and that is sobering. Sobering because the old ways--for good and for bad--are gone, and that his is the generation closest to the hereafter once his mum and her peers are gone.
Nostalgia is potent.

What they don't like is, having expressed their toxic world view, when the rest of us vote with our feet and reject said toxic world view. I've never understood why they think that those of us who abhor their hatred should nevertheless continue to interact with them economically and artistically.
It seems that every wanker can have a political view accept for a true BRIT‍♂️

Sure will and I already knew you're not the real deal here but I had to test your guts. Anti semitism is a label they put on people who question their rights to do whatever they feel like.

I talk about powerful jews who run the global agenda. You will wake up and agree with me.

I wouldn't bet on it. :squiffy:

Adding an extra N to your surname was a desperate attempt by jews to go under the radar. I urge you to study it as I know the background to every jewish surname and have held lectures on it.

The names Hofmann/Hoffman wasn't invented in the 1930's you weirdo. Bizarre.

I only question what jews are doing not the other semites like assyrians and arabs. It is obvious you don't know what an anti-semite is. Jews like yourself often make the mistake of thinking you are the only semites which says a lot about the way you people think and have a need to dominate everything.

I deal a lot with assyrians.

I'm not Jewish.

There's no thought cleansing. If you think that Morrissey should be able to peddle his toxic views unchallenged then you are sadly mistaken.
Lol!!! Toxic views! Man you are a snowflake . Your country is full of weak people, who oddly dont care about 6 month olds getting raped.

I believe this to be spot on.
His parents' generation are all but gone--he is in that inevitable position where he is the elder generation, now, and that is sobering. Sobering because the old ways--for good and for bad--are gone, and that his is the generation closest to the hereafter once his mum and her peers are gone.
Nostalgia is potent.

Soon people will think that England was always multi-cultural. That millions of non-white people have always been here. It's a bizarre thought that this re-imagining of England as some kind of 51st State of the USA will be the norm.

Try harder!

Many jewish surnames were invented with time to disguise them. You are jewish no matter how hard you try to deny it.

Why feel ashamed of it?

It comes from Hoefman. Loads of americans with swedish surnames spell it wrong cause a letter here and there at the end disappeared or was added.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom