Smiths tribute night axed over Morrissey's politics - Birmingham Live

Smiths tribute night axed as organisers tire of defending Morrissey's politics - Birmingham Live
Dwindling crowds at Panic on the Streets of Birmingham at Eden Bar

Quote: "A Birmingham (UK) tribute night dedicated to The Smiths has been axed - after organisers grew tired of defending Morrissey's controversial political views."

Seems a bit drastic as Smiths/Morrissey fans are disappointed the popular evening out was pulled:

"Many fans took to social media to express their sadness at the news.

On Facebook, Danny Grainger said: "Me and my dad came to the first one it was brilliant great memories. I also met an ex-girlfriend at one of these nights, hope you have some good photos."

John Keir commented: "Great disco and has been a brilliant after-show following the Brum gigs. A real shame. Thanks for some great nights."

2_JS55971765.jpg

UPDATE 4:50PM PT:

Posted by Famous when dead:

The actual post & reaction:

Last edited by a moderator:
Except he didn't wear the badge once. He wore it night after night after night. He wore it at concerts playing to thousands, and he wore it on a TV show broadcast to millions. He wore it continuously until he saw his whole career begin to crumble around him.
As for what are his views exactly, he recently stated that 'everyone prefers their own race', a chilling insight into his own ghastly, f***ed up, toxic mindset. Is that enough for you?

So what, Bragg sings the paen to Communism night after night.........communism, a failed political ideology that has resulted in the deaths of millions and starvation for every country that has ever adapted it. And you're telling me wearing the pin of a party that wants to implement positive laws for animal rights and takes a pro-English stance is somehow wrong or evil? Away with ya !

I reckon did all the Brittish immigrants from Birmingham, Brittin immigrate to Birmingham, Alabama? Reckon the similarities are amazing. I reckon The California Son's high powered Beverly Hills conglomerate has made you Brittish foreigner people buy so much from the mporium uk, that he doesn't even need to think about touring "the uk". Do you idiot Burger King, McDonalds, KFC eating c*** wacker tit foreigners actually believe The California Son follows or cares about politics in Brittin? The dude's only worries are when the Calabasas Costco is going to get the blueberry muffins in again and his over 50 basketball league team beating Flea's team in the championship game at the LA Forum mates inn nn nnn n nn n nnnnn nnnnnn nnnnnnn nn nn n nnn n it.

DAVID! Me again. Your website is now a conduit for Antisemitism. Please pull down the shutters.

It’s Over. End it.

What exactly are Moz’ views? He’s claimed to support For Britain, and he once wore that badge we are all quite tired hearing about. But has he ever come out and said: “My thoughts on [immigration], [muslims] and the (so called) [white race] are xyz”? Why are the PC so quick to condemn and why are the alt-right so quick to claim that Moz is a white supremacist? Both are miles off the mark. Both groups moronic. One so disgustingly high and mighty and the other so embarrassingly deluded.

I’ve said it once or twice before, but I’ll say it again: Moz longs for the Britain of his youth and of his parents youth. The Britain represented on those old Smiths sleeves. The Britain represented in A Taste of Honey, Billy Liar and The Servant. He thinks that Anne Marie Waters, who also happens to be queer, Irish and vegan (three VERY important variables), can make these dreams come true. And thus, here we are.

I share your conclusion. But I would add that longing for the Britain of his youth probably implies a negative attitude towards the recent waves of migration that have left a deep mark on contemporary Britain. Is it a crime when you find yourself not coping well with changes, like the emergence of multi-cultural and super-diverse Societies? My answer would be a qualified "no". It would become more problematic if he (Moz) engaged in violent acts or hate speech inspired by racism. His sin has mainly been that he posted references to people and organisations that might fall into the latter category at times. It is to each to judge where to draw the line, some groups of people are clearly judging him harshly on social media and are inspiring herd behavior.

People are going to run out of pearls to clutch. Who gives a shit about a smiths karaoke night anyway?

I share your conclusion. But I would add that longing for the Britain of his youth probably implies a negative attitude towards the recent waves of migration that have left a deep mark on contemporary Britain. Is it a crime when you find yourself not coping well with changes, like the emergence of multi-cultural and super-diverse Societies? My answer would be a qualified "no". It would become more problematic if he (Moz) engaged in violent acts or hate speech inspired by racism. His sin has mainly been that he posted references to people and organisations that might fall into the latter category at times. It is to each to judge where to draw the line, some groups of people are clearly judging him harshly on social media and are inspiring herd behavior.

You get it.

So what, Bragg sings the paen to Communism night after night.........communism, a failed political ideology that has resulted in the deaths of millions and starvation for every country that has ever adapted it. And you're telling me wearing the pin of a party that wants to implement positive laws for animal rights and takes a pro-English stance is somehow wrong or evil? Away with ya !

Pro-English. A party set up and mismanaged by an Irish citizen. Oh, the irony.
I think Mr Bragg dragged Morrissey's animal rights credentials through the mud with his excellent animal Welfare Party comment.

Pathetic. Wait until some smarmy simpleton decides that suicide is a taboo subject, criminalise it, and ban Joy Division tribute nights. Why read Orwell's 1984 when it's happening right now.
Edit: if the organisers couldn't sustain it due to economics then they have the right to do that, if dwindling numbers is the real reason.

Last edited:

Dog whistle 1: "waves of migration"
Dog whistle 2: "left a deep mark"
Dog whistle 3: "the emergence of multi-cultural and super-diverse Societies"
Dog whistle 4: "inspiring herd behavior."

Well done you. Didn't you do well? 4. You got 4! To collect your prize just visit www.altrightallwhite.racist.org.uk Or, why not pop into the office - you know where we are.

People are going to run out of pearls to clutch. Who gives a shit about a smiths karaoke night anyway?
Maybe but presumably the people that went to them enjoyed it. I think the organisers are spineless reeds blowing in the fart wind of modern political correctness.

Pro-English. A party set up and mismanaged by an Irish citizen. Oh, the irony.
I think Mr Bragg dragged Morrissey's animal rights credentials through the mud with his excellent animal Welfare Party comment.

Ironic isn't it........an Irish woman more English than the actual English politicians.

Dog whistle 1: "waves of migration"
Dog whistle 2: "left a deep mark"
Dog whistle 3: "the emergence of multi-cultural and super-diverse Societies"
Dog whistle 4: "inspiring herd behavior."

Well done you. Didn't you do well? 4. You got 4! To collect your prize just visit www.altrightallwhite.racist.org.uk Or, why not pop into the office - you know where we are.

The truth really hurts doesn't it.........cuts right through to your innards. Hilarious.

Maybe but presumably the people that went to them enjoyed it. I think the organisers are spineless reeds blowing in the fart wind of modern political correctness.
Hmm, blowing in the fart wind. That's a heady aroma :)

While I’ve been to a few decent ones over the years, four out of five “Morrissey/Smiths” nights on any continent are a pretty sorry affair.

The only upside is if it’s right after a Morrissey gig, you’ll hear all the songs you wished he had just played in concert.

Skinny beat a horse to death with a stick in front of the entrance and they just couldn't remove it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom