Smiths tribute night axed over Morrissey's politics - Birmingham Live

Smiths tribute night axed as organisers tire of defending Morrissey's politics - Birmingham Live
Dwindling crowds at Panic on the Streets of Birmingham at Eden Bar

Quote: "A Birmingham (UK) tribute night dedicated to The Smiths has been axed - after organisers grew tired of defending Morrissey's controversial political views."

Seems a bit drastic as Smiths/Morrissey fans are disappointed the popular evening out was pulled:

"Many fans took to social media to express their sadness at the news.

On Facebook, Danny Grainger said: "Me and my dad came to the first one it was brilliant great memories. I also met an ex-girlfriend at one of these nights, hope you have some good photos."

John Keir commented: "Great disco and has been a brilliant after-show following the Brum gigs. A real shame. Thanks for some great nights."

2_JS55971765.jpg

UPDATE 4:50PM PT:

Posted by Famous when dead:

The actual post & reaction:

Last edited by a moderator:
When Morrissey speaks what's on his mind and Smiths fans disagree, it comes in handy when Johnny also offers to play these songs. Fans can continue to enjoy these songs with a clear conscience. So yes, Morrissey's loss may well be Marr's gain. But isn't it reflectant more a reassessment of Morrissey's personality than of Marr's contribution to the Smiths ?
Yes, to a large extent. But the Smiths, as well as being about the words and the music, were about an ethic. They were about supporting the outsider. Morrissey seemed, to a lot of people, to embody that. But, with hindsight, it seems clear that he was incredibly insecure and a massive narcicist. Solidarity with anyone was never really in his repertoire. But Johnny believed in it. It was him that insisted on the benefit gigs, and him that was conformable with forming a band with a depressive gay guy, at a time when not many guitarists in Manchester would have been.

I think it is both. I don't think Marr's contributions to the Smiths were that well known prior to the release of his book, unless you were a super fan. I really do think that he has chosen to tour extensively and stay in the public eye to counter so many fans abandoning the Smiths due to Morrissey's political views. He acts unconcerned in interviews, but it's got to gnaw at him. And if anything, Marr is a man of purposeful action. I just watched a YouTube of him playing "There Is a Light" with thousands singing along - it was electrifying.

The english batik shirts have arrived in swedish stores and me and Pilla laughed at them in stores the other day going "this is so Johnny Marr".

Those shirts were worn in Sweden in 1992 and never again for a reason. Oi Marr you batik witch find yourself an afghan boy you closet homo.

Another thread, another irrelevant comment from Reelfountain attempting to spread discontentment and hatred.

Shall we dive in?

"but it was a virtually all-white country until very, very recently." More than a little vague here - as is the norm. What is the period of time to which you are referring when you state with confidence "very recently"? Can you clarify what you mean by "virtually all-white" with some statistical analysis? I'm sure you have demographic data to hand - otherwise why would you have made such a statement presenting itself as fact? It would also be quite helpful, you know, for those of us who haven't read the alt-right handbook what you mean by white? Is there a spectrum? Is there some kind of test that one can take to prove one's whiteness?

Ah the world of the misleading generalisation ...

" ... people naturally prefer their own race. Anthropological studies have proven this, but you can see it with your own eyes." I'd be keen to read these anthropological studies, that have not been cited, that explicitly confirm that people, 'naturally' prefer their own race. It'd also be helpful to be provided with a defintion of what 'naturally' means in this context - as it stands it's more than a little unclear.

"Schoolchildren in London, for example. Go past any school at lunchtime when kids go out or at hometime. Ethnic groups flock together." Kids can and do flock together at lunchtime, hometime and indeed lots of other times. I haven't ever read a study, perhaps you could avail me of one, that confirms that children come together on such occasions based solely on their ethnicity.

The propagandists try to sell us diversity as a melting pot, but by and large it isn't. People may live side by side on a street but look at people's friendship groups. Most whites hang with whites and most blacks with blacks. You can even see this on social media and dating sites. The most telling thing about this paragraph is that you troll social media dating sites and have seemingly calculated the ratio of - let's say white and non-whites that seems as though it might be easier for you to understand - crossover and non-crossover of ethnicities engaging in social media dating. As you've clearly done all of the work, your statement was factual afterall all, wasnt it? Perhaps you'd like to provide us with the statisitcs and references that support your assertion?

Mixing is a minority thing, and the norm is for people to choose their own ethnicity in everything. How, or indeed why you came to this conclusion is more than a little contardictory. Your constant refrain has been that the white race is being diluted by blacks, asians, jews etc. But ... if all ethnicities only choose their own ethnicity in EVERYTHING then how is your argument about the dilution of the white race supported? You seemed to have tripped over your own shoe-laces of stupidity there. Tsk!

"The 1951 census showed that only 3 per cent of the population had been born overseas and the great majority of the immigrants were white and European."

https://www.historytoday.com/archive/britain-1950

"At the time of the UK census conducted in April 2001, 8.3 percent of the country's population were foreign-born"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign-born_population_of_the_United_Kingdom

Last edited:
England has always been multi-cultural - maybe not the multi-cultural that would meet your jaundiced view but mulit-cultural it has been. Are you trying to rewrite history? It seems so .... shall we peek at the iron age:
  • Atrebates (gaul)
  • Belgae (belgian)
  • Cantiaci (celts)
  • Catuvellauni (brittonic)
  • Gangani (irish)
  • Caledonii (scots /picts)
That's to say nothing of pre and post iron age incusrions onto UK soil.

In regards to crime, I refer you to this:

"The records of these courts, along with fragments from the south west, suggest that the indictment of serious crime rose rapidly over the last two decades of the sixteenth century, and reached particularly high levels during the second half of the 1590s, when a run of bad harvests created severe hardship at the base of society. The situation eased in the early seventeenth century, but again reached crisis pro- portions in response to various problems (bad harvests, trade depressions, the disruption caused by plague, and the strains of keeping a war going) which mounted as the 1620s progressed. " J. Sharpe.

You are the establishment fool and tool. You've been indoctrinated but you don't even realise this.

But were all Europeans.........that's not mass immigration, that's our wonderful brothers and sisters from the EU. :p

England has always been multi-cultural - maybe not the multi-cultural that would meet your jaundiced view but mulit-cultural it has been. Are you trying to rewrite history? It seems so .... shall we peek at the iron age:
  • Atrebates (gaul)
  • Belgae (belgian)
  • Cantiaci (celts)
  • Catuvellauni (brittonic)
  • Gangani (irish)
  • Caledonii (scots /picts)
That's to say nothing of pre and post iron age incusrions onto UK soil.

In regards to crime, I refer you to this:

"The records of these courts, along with fragments from the south west, suggest that the indictment of serious crime rose rapidly over the last two decades of the sixteenth century, and reached particularly high levels during the second half of the 1590s, when a run of bad harvests created severe hardship at the base of society. The situation eased in the early seventeenth century, but again reached crisis pro- portions in response to various problems (bad harvests, trade depressions, the disruption caused by plague, and the strains of keeping a war going) which mounted as the 1620s progressed. " J. Sharpe.

You are the establishment fool and tool. You've been indoctrinated but you don't even realise this.

How can you compare 21st century crime, to previous centuries when you'd be sent to jail for stealing a loaf of bread? That's a disingenuous comparison. Pointless too.

I think, given some of Morrissey's recent comments, actions and endorsements that perhaps the phrase "We stand with Morrissey every step of the way". Would be best revised. Your night may have been about the music - I genuinely think it was, club nights are not easy things to run - and I'm sure it was incredible fun. However, I'm not at all clear about what you mean about mainstream bullshit slurs? Most fans that I know (UK wide and Ireland, mostly), gradually stopped attending Smiths/Morrissey club nights across the UK following the 'chinese' comment. More and more stopped until, in 2017, they left his fan base in their droves. I think if anyone wishes to remain a fan then that's their business. But I'm tired of the misdirected blame game.

I didn't stop supporting Morrissey because of the mainstream media. The hundreds of folk I know well, fans like me since the days of the Smiths; following both The Smiths and Morrissey with approx. 100 shows or more each - made our decisions to depart based on statements made directly by Morrissey on his own website/twitter feed. It's more than a little insulting to be constantly told that we're the established, mainstream media's puppets when the established, mainstream media had nothing at all to do with our decisions. Morrissey did.

I'd really hope that those that want to continue to be fans don't get lost to the alt-right entryist within this forum; people who have no interest in Morrissey whatsover and who's only aim is to sow discontent: racism, homophobia, religious intolerance, misogyny, anti-semitism etc. There are a good deal of disgruntled fans and ex-fans and I believe they have every right to express their feelings: their anger, their sense of loss, their hopes, their frustrations and their disappointments. I believe that those that wish to continue supporting Morrissey are entitled to express those feelings too. However, I remain concerned that the alt-right will succeed in their aim i.e.: fan against fan - those fans that have chosen to remain and those that have chosen to question or leave. The poison has been pouring into this site for over 2 years; relatively slowly at first but of late there has been a deluge of bilge perpetrated by the entryists in an attempt to exploit the rawness of the feeling of fans and ex-fans. You only have to look at the threads to see just how quickly a topic is hijacked to reflect an alt-right sermon. They seem to be winning?

It hurt like hell when I decided I could no longer support Morrissey. Billy Bragg used the term heart broken in his article. That's exactly how I felt. I have puchased all but one of all the Smiths/Morrissey releases on the day it's release. When I decided not to do this with California Son, I cried. I have no issue with my decision, my emotions just totally overwhelmed me.

If people feel the need to have a enemy then please make sure you know who your enemy is.

"When I decided not to do this with California Son, I cried". Steady on old boy.

"Just to clear things up.

The night has finished at Eden because of dwindling numbers. The owners have been amazing to us! We stand with Morrissey every step of the way. We are "tired" of the mainstream bullshit slurs when our night was and will be in the future about the music!

Have a fab weekend everyone xxx

LP&H"

- Panic on the Streets of Birmingham Official Facebook statement 19 hrs ago

https://en-gb.facebook.com/smithsdiscobrum/

Dwindling numbers due to Morrissey being a bigot?

Except he didn't wear the badge once. He wore it night after night after night. He wore it at concerts playing to thousands, and he wore it on a TV show broadcast to millions. He wore it continuously until he saw his whole career begin to crumble around him.
As for what are his views exactly, he recently stated that 'everyone prefers their own race', a chilling insight into his own ghastly, f***ed up, toxic mindset. Is that enough for you?

Enough, Too much. Sad but it is for me.

Then I guess the casual listener of the Smiths will never know ‘Marr’s contributions’ because I don’t think one would read his book unless they were a super fan in the first place.

Anecdotally, I know a bunch of people who've read it because they were interested in rock'n'roll in general. Have you read it? It's very captivating. At any rate it doesn't matter, when Johnny Marr plays to thousands of young people at festivals who were not even born during the Smiths, he IS the Smiths, those are HIS songs. Most probably don't know who Morrissey is. That's the shame of it, it could have been Morrissey playing to those massive crowds or even those two together.

Who would dare to even visit Birmingham, perhaps the most violent place in the whole of the UK and Europe. You can't find white people there unless they are paid a lot of money to play for the local football sides.

You are a stupid, ignorent incorrect c***. Loads of people "dare" visit Birmingham. It's not the most violent place in Europe or in the UK (check the facts, dickhead). The majority of people are white (go back to school and re-do your GCSE maths, at least to find out what is a bigger number) and more importantly, just because someone has a different skin tone, what the f*** does that matter? Don't you know we're all the same species? Some white people are great, others are stupid c***s (like you). What skin tone you have is really not relevant. Finally, what a surprise you are a tribalistic football "fan", who can only understand anything through football. Psychologically, you are insecure and have an inferiority complex which is why you feel the need to identify with a bigger group and pick on minorities. You need to either, go back to school or just shut up. I used to live in Birmingham and to be honest I didn't particularly like it which is why I moved. The problem with Birmingham is the lack of investment from the London centric assholes that run our country. The people are great in Birmingham, friendly, honest and fun. You're just an idiot with the iq, judgement, and principles of a turd (a really ugly, sloppy, disease ridden stinking one).

I once thought Birmingham did not exist and was like a english joke or something. You never heard anyone say anything nice about the place and the people so it was like this non stop joke somehow.

There is nothing good that ever came from the place and even the american Birmingham has more things going for them than the english original.

Just the name of the place gives me the creeps. such a dark and heavy name for all the wrong reasons.

Err... The photocopier, roller skates, skateboards, the cooker, the x-ray scanner, the whistle, the mass spectrometer, the smoke detector, the car horn, jaguar, land rover, vacuum cleaner, windscreen wiper, the electric kettle, the engine for the spitfire, the mini, cardboard boxes, the pneumatic tyre, Cadburys chocolate, Tony Hancock, Barbara Cartland, Ozzy Ozbourne, heavy metal, Matthew Boulton (whose ideas and business created the start of the modern world), Daniel Sturridge, Cat Deeley, Nick Mason, Francis Galston, Simon Cowell, Jamelia....

Ignorant people should be forced to stay in school. If you don't like Birmingham, just say that. Showing yourself up as knowing nothing is just that...

But were all Europeans.........that's not mass immigration, that's our wonderful brothers and sisters from the EU. :p

It's multi-culturism, it's immigration - it's your stupidity and that of your racist alter-ego, Reelfountain, exposed, again.

I once thought Birmingham did not exist and was like a english joke or something. You never heard anyone say anything nice about the place and the people so it was like this non stop joke somehow.

There is nothing good that ever came from the place and even the american Birmingham has more things going for them than the english original.

Just the name of the place gives me the creeps. such a dark and heavy name for all the wrong reasons.

This is like saying "I didn't know England was in Britain". It does not mean that it is true, it just means you're stupid and uneducated. My point also being proved by the fact you think England and America should start with a lower case letter. You clearly changed it because auto-correct does it with a capital! You are a moron.

I reckon did all the Brittish immigrants from Birmingham, Brittin immigrate to Birmingham, Alabama? Reckon the similarities are amazing. I reckon The California Son's high powered Beverly Hills conglomerate has made you Brittish foreigner people buy so much from the mporium uk, that he doesn't even need to think about touring "the uk". Do you idiot Burger King, McDonalds, KFC eating c*** wacker tit foreigners actually believe The California Son follows or cares about politics in Brittin? The dude's only worries are when the Calabasas Costco is going to get the blueberry muffins in again and his over 50 basketball league team beating Flea's team in the championship game at the LA Forum mates inn nn nnn n nn n nnnnn nnnnnn nnnnnnn nn nn n nnn n it.

Why is it that the most illiterate people think that they are the ones who should be listened to? I can't even understand what this moron is trying to say...

"The 1951 census showed that only 3 per cent of the population had been born overseas and the great majority of the immigrants were white and European."

https://www.historytoday.com/archive/britain-1950

"At the time of the UK census conducted in April 2001, 8.3 percent of the country's population were foreign-born"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign-born_population_of_the_United_Kingdom

So, if we are to take the above figures as accurate, accepting both definitions of what they understand to be white Europeans, it suggests there has been a rise of so called non white Europeans of approx. 0.1% per annum. You base your 'argument' on the facts you presented. It kinda makes a fool of your term 'mass immigration'.

In another related post you dismiss white Europeans as having no part of the immigration issue. You argue against multi-culturism but you don't seem to have a grasp of what it is? Are you genuinely stating that those from white Eureopean countries have no cultures of their own? If you accept these cultures, which ones and why?

Your argument, if you have one, isn't about immigration or multi-culturism it's all about your blantant racism.

cropped-stopracismsm-1-1.jpg

How can you compare 21st century crime, to previous centuries when you'd be sent to jail for stealing a loaf of bread? That's a disingenuous comparison. Pointless too.

I think it made it's point and made it well. It struck a nerve and outed the constant inaccuracies in your alter ego, Reelfountain. If it was so pointless then why did you feel the need to respond in an attempt to disapprove it? You don't seem to understand the meaning of pointless? Why am I not surprised? In your reponse you, yes you, provided evidence from sources that you cited that 'prove' that the mass migration (non European whites) that you chunder on about has been taking place in the UK at a rate of 0.1% per year. You refer to that as "mass migration" (a tired, alt-right trigger phrase) of non European whites. I refer to it as a trickle of migration.

You actually claim that mass migration does not involve 'our' European cousins but here's a shocker for you it does: "Mass migration refers to the migration of large groups of people from one geographical area to another." I feel duty bound to inform you that Europe is a geographical area.

All that you chunder is about hatred. Hatred of black people, Jewish people, Muslims, immigrants, LGBT people ... the list goes on ... You constantly hijack forums and threads with your hatred - changing the topic from one about Morrissey to that of your alt-right hate machine. You do not do this well.

3396688_0.jpg

Except he didn't wear the badge once. He wore it night after night after night. He wore it at concerts playing to thousands, and he wore it on a TV show broadcast to millions. He wore it continuously until he saw his whole career begin to crumble around him.
As for what are his views exactly, he recently stated that 'everyone prefers their own race', a chilling insight into his own ghastly, f***ed up, toxic mindset. Is that enough for you?

Enough, Too much. Sad but it is for me.

How dare you! This is a fan forum that upholds free speech. It respects the democractic rights of it's users. We have some new 'fans' that screech the right to free speech at elected moments in discourse.

Expect to be shouted down. That too is free speech but it all seems more than a little one-way in here at present. It's all all right when it's alt-right.

Beware alt-right entryists!!!

freedom_of_speech-gagged.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom