Smithstorrents is gone

Seriously though, I started listening to the smiths only a few years ago, and they were the first band that made me care about music enough to go into the depths of the internet in search of 16 minutes of Barbarism or just because I really wanted to hear Morrissey and Johnny cursing at the bouncers/inviting fans to the stage. And it wouldn't have been possible without all the people who shared these gigs and also took the time to write about them, specially those dudes from Soundsville. It made the gigs even more special to me. And I'm glad we still have the Smiths Archive, but, idk, I liked the vibe of smithstorrents and I'll miss that community feeling. I guess I just want to thank David for starting this and keeping the site for so long. It was V Cool. Thanks, dude.

Seriously though, I started listening to the smiths only a few years ago, and they were the first band that made me care about music enough to go into the depths of the internet in search of 16 minutes of Barbarism or just because I really wanted to hear Morrissey and Johnny cursing at the bouncers/inviting fans to the stage. And it wouldn't have been possible without all the people who shared these gigs and also took the time to write about them, specially those dudes from Soundsville. It made the gigs even more special to me. And I'm glad we still have the Smiths Archive, but, idk, I liked the vibe of smithstorrents and I'll miss that community feeling. I guess I just want to thank David for starting this and keeping the site for so long. It was V Cool. Thanks, dude.

but isn’t it still up?? I still can see all of it

but isn’t it still up?? I still can see all of it
Are you accessing a cached copy?
The current frontpage is the 'Goodnight & Thank You' page as per:
Regards,
FWD.

Is there a facility on this website whereby we could upload torrent files?

RIP. I used to scour record stores/flea markets/NME ads to find any Smiths bootlegs. I remember listening to college radio stations hearing an odd live version of "How Soon Is Now" and my mind was blown.....Just different times back then......

Back
Top Bottom