Feel it, but not rightly

Oh, something is squeezing my skull
Something I just cannot describe
There is no love in modern life

Something I cant fight
There are no friends in modern life

Diazapam...valium...tarmazpam...lithium

ECT...HRT...How long must I stay on this stuff?

Please don't give me more...(repeat)

It is really.

he is genius :clap:

If the mind can be so fragile. But the melody of this song and his voice makes me strong

I'm doing very well
I can blackout the present and the past now
I know by now you think I should have straightened myself out
Thank you good day

I'm doing very well
It's a miracle I've made it even this far
The motion of taxi's excite me
Feel it, but not rightly

Something I cant fight
There are no friends in modern life

Diazapam...valium...tarmazpam...lithium

ECT...HRT...How long must I stay on this stuff?

Please don't give me more...(repeat)

'tarmazpam' is actually spelled temazepam (not saying that is what he says, just that is how that generic drug name is actually spelled)

doesn't seem right that he would say "diazepam" followed by "valium", since they are one in the same (valium is a brand name of generic drug diazepam). elsewhere, others have posted that he says "lorazepam" in the song. perhaps he says lorazepam there instead of diazepam in the beginning of that line?

HRT - Hormone Replacement Therapy (typically used to describe women on estrogen/progesterone supplementation after menopause) .... How Hilarious! (if he really says that),..that is probably the funniest thing in the song unless marzipan is really in there too somewhere, as suggested in another thread... hehe

Hello no one in particular!!!
I swear, I was about to post a "where is NOIP" :confused: but nevermind :D That ESP must be working :) Hope you are well.

well, you know, i am only in the heady threads, and there haven't been any for a while until this one came along... ;)

but seriously, very sweet to say, corrissey... *hugs you (and only you) hard*

'tarmazpam' is actually spelled temazepam (not saying that is what he says, just that is how that generic drug name is actually spelled)

doesn't seem right that he would say "diazepam" followed by "valium", since they are one in the same (valium is a brand name of generic drug diazepam). elsewhere, others have posted that he says "lorazepam" in the song. perhaps he says lorazepam there instead of diazepam in the beginning of that line?

HRT - Hormone Replacement Therapy (typically used to describe women on estrogen/progesterone supplementation after menopause) .... How Hilarious! (if he really says that),..that is probably the funniest thing in the song unless marzipan is really in there too somewhere, as suggested in another thread... hehe

In this video from the Roundhouse he sings, "diazepam...that's valium, temazepam, lithium...HRT, ECT"
I do think he's singing HRT. It can be given to men as well as women to ease depression symptoms (that can occur when hormone levels fluctuate).

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the tune overall,.....except for the title/chorus. Of all the marvelous lines Moz has come up with.. I dunno.. "Something is squeezing my skull" just doesn't lend itself to music.. Why couldn't it have been "Something is driving me mad?" or some such. Moreover, while I like his new numbers, they've all been very rough, rock 'n roll type numbers,... I'd love to hear something more melodic and soulful ala everyday Is Like Sunday, or Sunny.

HRT could also refer to Habit Reversal Training, behavioral modification techniques that are used for OCD and other problems...

Also, the taxi line and the one after are still not quite clear to me... just doesn't scan... hopefully an even clearer version will surface soon and we will know better what the words are.

Where did you get the lyrics from?

I heard where you wrote modern life as just "my life", and the "Feel it, but not rightly" as something like "reel it back and bite me" which I know isn't right but would never have thought it was what you wrote ... not saying you're wrong, just wondering..

ok after listneing to it again, it's definetly "Peel it back and bite me" and you're right about Modern life

I really like the frustration he sings this track with!

"How long must I stay on this stuff?" is unpoetic, blunt, but also heartbreaking in a way.

Look forward to a studio version while I enjoy the youtube recordings.

Get well Moz!

this is a great song

and the correct lyric is :

"don't give me (gimme) anymore" - he just says it really fast

Good God it's awful!!!!!!!!!!!

It's worse than "All You Need Is Me" and that's bad. I am hoping I can blame it on the fairly poor quality of the sound recording, and that the future studio version will sound much better. If not, shove it away on a b-side Moz, it's noise.

I'm doing very well
I can blackout the present and the past now
I know by now you think I should have straightened myself out
Thank you, drop dead.

Isn't that the first verse?

Good God it's awful!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE]

I completely agree! one of his very worst, judging from what iv heard so far. Hope he hasnt really put all of these new songs on the new album.

I like the tune overall,.....except for the title/chorus. Of all the marvelous lines Moz has come up with.. I dunno.. "Something is squeezing my skull" just doesn't lend itself to music.. Why couldn't it have been "Something is driving me mad?" or some such. Moreover, while I like his new numbers, they've all been very rough, rock 'n roll type numbers,... I'd love to hear something more melodic and soulful ala everyday Is Like Sunday, or Sunny.

This is a song about the frustrations of having to be on all those medications. While the medications help with the depression/OCD and other symptoms there are some nasty side effects which can be almost as bad as the symptoms of the illness. Sometimes you just have to tell it like it is.

Back
Top Bottom