Songs from Hell

Been there, done that. On holiday in Tunisia there was this place that served great breakfast, but their stereo was locked on looping the same Eros Ramazotti song. I still get flashbacks sometimes.

I guess Felice Navidad would be worse though. How many repeats of that could you endure before feeling an overpowering urge to kick somebody's teeth in? Three? Five?

Finally, there is of course always a case for Kum Ba Ya, my Lord. Or Rivers of Babylon. Or Iko Iko.

Or this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baU6Gv1_cZA

Or Volare! [shudder] They seem to play that song an inordinant amount in France and Spain.

Once I was walking in the French Quarter of New Orleans at night and every block or so could be heard a different bar band blasting out "Sweet Home Alabama."

I've discovered the devil's own song is Dean Martin's recording of "That's Amore." It has demonic staying power in the mind. I had the misfortune to hear it on a bus three weeks ago and it's still playing in my head.

Must ... fight....

I love that song. It makes me think of my mom cooking spaghetti. It does get stuck in the head though.

Dear Joan,

Do you dislike Russian pop music? I must admit I like it. Not all bands of course. I always thought that Reflex were quite good. Irene Nelson is a wondefrul singer. She's a bit lost now though. Катя Чехова is another artist I like, which is unusal as I don't normally like electronic music. If she wasn't Russian she would be much more well known.

I still say "Red Red Wine" by UB40 is dreadful.

Benny and the Jets. i think i posted this here before but I just heard it yesterday and it reminded me that i hate it.

I love that song. It makes me think of my mom cooking spaghetti. It does get stuck in the head though.

Do you still love it when he does the duet with Jerry Lewis?

Last edited by a moderator:

:lbf::lbf:(I like the choreography though)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom