Songs you never want to hear live again

A

Anonymous

Some songs still give me a thrill, no matter how many times I've heard Moz perform them live (eg: First of the Gang). Others have been so overplayed they now bore me to tears, and I could happily go the rest of my life without hearing again. Here's my list - what would be yours?:

• How Soon is Now
  • World Peace is None of Your Business
  • Meat is Murder
  • Everyday is Like Sunday
  • I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
  • The Bullfighter Dies

Don't think he's played it for a while anyway, but I could sure go without hearing that punk rock version of 'This Charming Man' ever again. :barf:

Some songs still give me a thrill, no matter how many times I've heard Moz perform them live (eg: First of the Gang). Others have been so overplayed they now bore me to tears, and I could happily go the rest of my life without hearing again. Here's my list - what would be yours?:

• How Soon is Now
  • Meat is Murder
  • The Bullfighter Dies
I actually agree on all not these apart from How Soon is Now, he can never play too many Smith's songs 😄 (apart from Meat is Murder - obviously)

Also, am I the only one who thinks I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris is a truly dreadful song?

I actually agree on all not these apart from How Soon is Now, he can never play too many Smith's songs 😄 (apart from Meat is Murder - obviously)

Also, am I the only one who thinks I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris is a truly dreadful song?
First list is good and this is a good addition. I would almost add Suedehead because it's been played so much but I still like it.
What would be amazing is to hear some of the songs that he played so much in the early to mid nineties. Spring-Heeled Jim for example would be great to hear and Whatever Happens I Love You.

Agree. Somewhere in the middle of the set, it's fine. As an encore, it's pants.

first of the gang,heard it too many times live,still a great song when you hear it every so often.

The current version of Speedway is offensively bad. And I don't mean just the instrumental swap and the keyboard player doing karaoke for some reason. I mean the really drab verses and tired drumming.

1. If you don't like me...
2. Ganglord
Istanbul (he should instead do
a cover of Queen's "Mustapha")
3. I will see ya far-off
3. Carol
4. Birthday anymore
5. Kiss me a lot

People Are The Same Everywhere

If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me

One Of Our Own (I like it fine, but swap it for another unplayed live track from the second World Peace disc!)

Suedehead
Im throwing my arms around Paris
Munich Air
If you dont like me
Everyday is like sunday
Bullfighter

People Are The Same Everywhere

Lady Willpower

1. If you don't like me...
2. Ganglord
Istanbul (he should instead do
a cover of Queen's "Mustapha")
3. I will see ya far-off
3. Carol
4. Birthday anymore
5. Kiss me a lot

ah yes the song he performed once eleven years ago was once too many!

• How Soon is Now
  • Meat is Murder
  • The Bullfighter Dies
Black Cloud - I will prolapse if I ever have to listen to THAT one again

Don't think he's played it for a while anyway, but I could sure go without hearing that punk rock version of 'This Charming Man' ever again. :barf:
Oh, my dear! Mr Shandy and myself were at that DREADFUL night in Liverpool land when some frightful oik tossed a bottle of piss at the quiff mid-way through TCM. Mr Shandy and I were forced to spend the rest of the evening on the docks. Liverpool - a truly terrible hole.

My hot take is that I quite like the solo version of TCM, but I of course understand why others dislike or hate it. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has got one, but mine is wonderful.

My hot take is that I quite like the solo version of TCM, but I of course understand why others dislike or hate it. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has got one, but mine is wonderful.
I like it too. It's entirely different, so I can appreciate it for what it is.
I like the original better but the solo version is also fun.

Back
Top Bottom