I Am Not A Dog On A Chain - Jesse
What Kind Of People Live In these Houses? - Jesse
Knockabout World - Jesse
Darling, I Hug A Pillow - Mando
Once I Saw The River Clean - Jesse
The Truth About Ruth - Gustavo
The Secret Of Music - Mando
My Hurling Days Are Done - Jesse

Also Mike Daly mentioned as a composer on some of the tracks as well as keyboardist Roger Manning but no mention of Boz as a composer this time.

How I long for the days of albums of Boorer and Whyte compositions.

When I first heard Boz didn't have any co-writes on the record, my initial reaction was "uh-oh". Then I heard the first couple of tracks that have been released. Gotta say this new direction, it's just not my thing. It's a bit too mainstream/contemporary for me. Musicianship and lyrics are still good. Just personally prefer the indie/alternative stylings of the past. I'm not an optimist by nature, but I'll still keep my fingers crossed I can find something that appeals to me. As for writing duos, Boz and Alain will always be my favorite as well. There was a very cohesive consistency in the writing during those days. At least they still play Boz's stuff live these days... so, that's good.

Jesse took a back seat in regards to songwriting on LIHS so it was natural for him to reemerge this time. I'd personally prefer less Gustavo songs, though.

You are right, and the absence of Jesse songs on LIHS didn't make it a better record, did it? On the other hand, Jesse's man contribution, I bury the living, was probably the most controversial song on that record, although it was mainly due to the lyrics.

To be fair, Jesse has composed some good songs more recently. I really like Smiler with Knife and Forgive Someone on WPINOYB, and I enjoy I am not a man (minus the ambient nose in the intro, for which Jesse is not to blame), I thought you were dead or even When you open your legs (the tune is better than the lyric), but he is also responsible for some of the worst songs.

We already heard 2 out of the 3 Gustavo compositions, so if you liked these songs, there's little reason to worry about Gustavo's compositions this time.

How I long for the days of albums of Boorer and Whyte compositions.
Don't we all. At least we got seven albums out of that pair one and off in various capacities. I really like the first two songs so I'm not worried at all.

I can still listen to the Whyte Albums when I need to.

How did this anonymous guy discover it? Are the credits confirmed?

It's funny that every time a Moz/Mansur single is release Gustavo posts this tag on his social media. I never saw Boz - and neither Alain - doing this. I do not know how they get along each other but it's not good.

But it is easy to explain: Gustavo is a newcomer, eager to prove himself as a composer. There will come a time when he has to survive in this music business without Morrissey.

TO BAZ’S SPELLING INCORRECTOR .... hallo my persol bitch.... you corecct me and all on hire, and asstound yoo for itt, thus shite wood no be the same without you... yoor englasoo is espicall, butter thin mine.... welll doone ... do you toss much????? I thinkeo you only once per hour...... you wanko morrrrissey, like mee tooo, I do it alll a morn, and all af***ing days.... me loveo... U2 EH .... pick the bones out of this one .... MY SPELLING CORRECTOR INDEED???? Chaw for now , honey

random thoiughts...thus far...Jesse's "I Bury the Living" was cringey and he's penned SIX on Dog?; looks like Boz had his big shot on High school; with the first two singles coming from tracks #2 and #3, do we have another front-loaded album ala High school?

random thoiughts...thus far...Jesse's "I Bury the Living" was cringey and he's penned SIX on Dog?; looks like Boz had his big shot on High school; with the first two singles coming from tracks #2 and #3, do we have another front-loaded album ala High school?

The only thing I like about "I Bury The Living" is the final two minutes of the song which is the best part.

Just checking; You do know that Jesse didn't write the lyrics, right?

But it is easy to explain: Gustavo is a newcomer, eager to prove himself as a composer. There will come a time when he has to survive in this music business without Morrissey.

It's hard to imagine that any of the current band have a future beyond Morrissey. Matt Walker will probably find session work, but the rest? They're just unremarkable, they don't stand out.

I said in the past post....Gustavo is the problem, is like a cockroach, now his children do the choirs, is patetic,!!!

It's hard to imagine that any of the current band have a future beyond Morrissey. Matt Walker will probably find session work, but the rest? They're just unremarkable, they don't stand out.

I think anyone with ears would have to concede that Gustavo is a very talented musician. The sheer number of instruments that he can play and the quality with which he can play them is pretty evident.

If we get six Jesse compositions to the standard of "I Thought You Were Dead" I'll be happy with that. Great song!

Well at least the likes of Alain Whyte and Gary Day have had a great future beyond Morrissey ;)

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom