Morrissey Central "SOON / 2020 new releases" (September 6, 2020)

SouthPaw_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg
YATQ_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg

Both albums issued on BMG Label for the first time, including inner booklets. LP and CD formats.

Both JPGs describe the images as 'gatefold'.
Regards,
FWD.

í now have this damned song in my head :fearscream:

í think í may need a "Roy's Keen" suppository. Stat.

I love Roy's Keen so much. I'd even forgive him if he chose to use a cross-eyed, quiff-less picture of himself for the re-re-designed edition of Maladjusted if it meant he'd reintroduce Roy's Keen to the canon.
His articulation of the words "chancing", "bucket" and "chamois" alone is worth more than the whole of Now I Am A Was...

I love Roy's Keen so much. I'd even forgive him if he chose to use a cross-eyed, quiff-less picture of himself for the re-re-designed edition of Maladjusted if it meant he'd reintroduce Roy's Keen to the canon.
His articulation of the words "chancing", "bucket" and "chamois" alone is worth more than the whole of Now I Am A Was...

We can have a meeting of the Roy's Keen Appreciation Society. í think there is a pygmy toilet cubicle free soon...

We can have a meeting of the Roy's Keen Appreciation Society. í think there is a pygmy toilet cubicle free soon...

That would be one of very few occasions for which I would in fact be okay with a gathering in a pygmy toilet cubicle.

Although I suspect that a large pro-Roy's Keen underground movement secretly exists, but it's being oppressed and its voice is silenced by a ruling minority (including Morrissey) that has no taste.

That would be one of very few occasions for which I would in fact be okay with a gathering in a pygmy toilet cubicle.

Although I suspect that a large pro-Roy's Keen underground movement secretly exists, but it's being oppressed and its voice is silenced by a ruling minority (including Morrissey) that has no taste.

I love it. A filthy wee comedy song with a subversive gay subtext. But he lost confidence in it, the snobs got to him.

There's a great wee book about British low culture. It even covers Skinheads. Sometimes you need arguments to throw at your enemies.
20200908_235033.jpg

I love it. A filthy wee comedy song with a subversive gay subtext. But he lost confidence in it, the snobs got to him.

There's a great wee book about British low culture. It even covers Skinheads. Sometimes you need arguments to throw at your enemies.
View attachment 58900

His little obsession with window-cleaners is well documented. I think the lyrics are actually quite clever.

Surely Morrissey’s worst album cover is Swords? He looks like a deranged forest-dweller with the runs.

How did he ever agree to that cover?

I know what they were aiming for (I think) - one of those retro folky album covers but he does look extremely awkward & miserable.

I know what they were aiming for (I think) - one of those retro folky album covers but he does look extremely awkward & miserable.
This should have been the Swords cover. (Apparently it was used for some French promo CDs? Not sure if those were official though.)
hi_2009_swordscd_promo_fr_1.jpg

Still we rinse ✊ 🧽

Roy Keane.jpg

Last edited:
There's no decent YouTube footage of this. Everyone's video was down the back of a sofa.

Morrissey really only has two options in anything he does. 1) It’s racist. Or 2) it’s shit. Those are the only two things he’s done for years. At least he’s only gone for option 2 this time.

There's no decent YouTube footage of this. Everyone's video was down the back of a sofa.

It's always better quality in my head.

This one's fab

Interesting that (I think) the commentary on the TOTP clip is by Steve Wright...the Radio 1 DJ...there were some issues obviously going back to The Smiths days (1986) and the lyrics to Panic. They didn't get on, as far as I recall. " The band later commissioned a T-shirt featuring Wright's portrait and the phrase "Hang the DJ!" "

htdj.JPG

Interesting that (I think) the commentary on the TOTP clip is by Steve Wright...the Radio 1 DJ...there were some issues obviously going back to The Smiths days (1986) and the lyrics to Panic. They didn't get on, as far as I recall. " The band later commissioned a T-shirt featuring Wright's portrait and the phrase "Hang the DJ!" "

He's being rude in a nice way considering Moz wanted him hanged. (Fat! Depressed! Flowers in arse!).

I would tend to agree with you (at least with regards to this picture) but according to Autobiography almost-manager James Todd did call it cross-eyed (shortly before drawing his last breath, apparently). Poor Moz, as if number 47 in the charts wasn't bad enough

"No radio station will play Hold on to your friends. ‘I’m sorry, but you look cross-eyed on the cover,’ says James Todd, who is touting for management (but before I have time to say ‘Thank you, but no,’ he is dead, as the cast of casualties in Morrisseyland piles up like bodies in Lady Worthington’s library)."

There are plenty of other pictures that show him properly cross-eyed though.
Don't forget. He usually wears glasses to correct his cross-eyed views. I like him bespectacled but sadly there is only one record cover showing him with spectacles. His best one. What irritated me more about the cover of HOTYF was its protruding ear. Very unfavourable.

Last edited:
He's being rude in a nice way considering Moz wanted him hanged. (Fat! Depressed! Flowers in arse!).
Yes it was because of those (SW) comments that I raised the back history point...(although he did say "not quite so depressed")

View attachment 58905
Moz was on the Steve Wright show in 2004. They had a nice chat and joked around. Can't find it on Youtube right now though, but I have a file of it.

The back story to Panic is, according to Johnny, that they were listening to a news report about the Chernobyl incident and right after that the DJ (Wright) played I'm Your Man by Wham!.
"I remember actually saying, “What the f*** has this got to do with people’s lives?” We hear about Chernobyl, then, seconds later, we’re expected to be jumping around to “I’m Your Man”. And so, “hang the blessed DJ”. I think it was a great lyric. Important and applicable to anyone who lives in England."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom