Southpaw Grammer - Party Pack Promo

roky

This item was, and has been on the very TOP my want list since i heard about it in 1997. It was the very limited Southpaw Grammer promo pack that included a sports bag, a promo cassette and a Dagenham Dave XL t-shirt with "Morrissey 10" on it. I have only seen a photo of the whole promo set that a collector had. Scanned eBay since and this is the only time I have ever seen one whole set come up for sale. I bid up to $800.00 and was out bid by $25.00 in the last 5 seconds. So, If anyone on here won this auction, I hope you treasure it as much as I would have.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332263556236?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This item was, and has been on the very TOP my want list since i heard about it in 1997. It was the very limited Southpaw Grammer promo pack that included a sports bag, a promo cassette and a Dagenham Dave XL t-shirt with "Morrissey 10" on it. I have only seen a photo of the whole promo set that a collector had. Scanned eBay since and this is the only time I have ever seen one whole set come up for sale. I bid up to $800.00 and was out bid by $25.00 in the last 5 seconds. So, If anyone on here won this auction, I hope you treasure it as much as I would have.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332263556236?_trksid=p2471758.m4704
oh the lucky one... I adore Southpaw Grammar album

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
nothing can beat Southpaw, it is beyond ordinary music/poetry/song experience, just transcendental.

Yes! Again hitting the nail on it's head!
Like old hippies used to say: it's a trip man!
But no need to ever take any substance when listening to it is doing the job! :guitar:

spot on, dear friend Quando, spot on. to start an album with Dmitri Shostakovich, and to finish with Southpaw, well, pure brilliance

And we're not even talking yet about the other brilliant songs on the album, like Reader Meet Author, Dagenham Dave, Best Friend On The Payroll, You Should Have Been Nice To Me and Nobody Loves Us.
I realize I'm now talking about the re-released album and having a slight preference for it cause the sound was better and it improved the music for me.
Still don't understand really why quite a few fans expressed their dislike for the album.
Maybe it had to do with the expectations after Vauxhall And I.

I remember Moz making selfmockery jokes about it in the recorded BBC2 radio session.
When he said: "we're also very pleased to announce the re-issue of a cd-album that didn't really concern you."

After the screams of the audience, saying Noooo!, Moz asked them with a very sad and disappointed tone in his voice:" But did you buy it though? "
" Can you prove it, do you have the receipts, and so forth ". :)
That was really funny!

Last edited:
Yes, we know the record is great, but this is about the promo pack. Have any of you other collectors seen this promo pack? Or have one?

Back
Top Bottom