"Spent The Day In Bed" - enters UK top 40 (airplay)

UPDATE 13TH OCTOBER - the song is now in the Airplay Top 30 (at #29)

'Spent the Day in Bed' has climbed 279 places up the UK airplay chart to 34 over the last week (Oct 5th to 11th). His first UK top 40 since 'I'm throwing my arms around Paris'. This rapid ascent is due to the Radio 2 A-list to which it was added this week. It's a rolling chart so the song will probably continue to climb until Saturday. It may boost the single's position a little in the actual chart but the airplay mainly acts as an advert for the album. As mentioned before, this would normally all be timed to happen a week or two before the album comes out so it's odd that there's a month to go - maybe there will be another song released between now and then.

Last edited:
Nothing about Morrissey 'upsets' me. He is endlessly funny & can always be trusted to make an arse of himself as the latest #Cashmeregate nonsense proves. We will see how well the album sells. The tracks strike me as mediocre and the lyrics are ridiculous. I will be very surprised if it sells well but we'll see.

You'll always have Adele.

Why you care so much about charts it's beyond me, really, it has to be all about the music if you are just a fan, if you like the new songs, that's great, go listen to them as much as you like , if you hate them, simply don't listen to them, but don't get stressed over charts positions (that's so 1990), well, unless you work for BMG or Morrissey that's it

He put his heart into this one and it is so unique sounding. I really love this one and love him!

It's going to be interesting, that's for sure. Whilst Morrissey's 'cult fans' will purchase various versions of his new album, most people now listen to music via streaming services, especially younger demographics. BMG will be carefully monitoring sales/streams to discern whether or not their recent hi-profile pre-launch publicity has connected Morrissey to a new streaming audience or if he is now just reliant on his legacy fans. If Morrissey reverses his decline in popularity we would expect to see a dramatic improvement on WPINOYB figures.....time will tell. I will be very surprised if the album attracts a sizeable new audience or recovers lost fans as the tracks i've heard are mediocre at best.

Mediocre ? Rover -also from Birmingham - made very 'mediocre engines' that seemed to blow-up regularly. For Years. There is NOTHING mediocre about Morrissey. NOTHING ! The only thing that is surprising is that
you have wasted your own time actually posted this rubbish.
Hazard
x

Why you care so much about charts it's beyond me, really, it has to be all about the music if you are just a fan, if you like the new songs, that's great, go listen to them as much as you like , if you hate them, simply don't listen to them, but don't get stressed over charts positions (that's so 1990), well, unless you work for BMG or Morrissey that's it

Nobody is stressed over chart positions. But just imagine for a second if someone with talent actually got to number 1. Hard to imagine right? What was it Morrissey sang in The World is Full of Crashing Bores?

No, it's just more lock-jawed pop-stars
Thicker than pig-shit
Nothing to convey
So scared to show intelligence
It might smear their lovely career

The choruses of “charts don’t matter” are tedious as f.
If it’s important to Morrissey, a child of the charts if there ever was one, then why can’t we talk about on a site devoted to him?
We take an interest in things that someone we like or love cares about.

Anyway - it’s fun seeing Morrissey’s good name stuck in amongst all that scheisse.

The choruses of “charts don’t matter” are tedious as f.
If it’s important to Morrissey, a child of the charts if there ever was one, then why can’t we talk about on a site devoted to him?
We take an interest in things that someone we like or love cares about.

Anyway - it’s fun seeing Morrissey’s good name stuck in amongst all that scheisse.

"How very nice and right it feels to be in the British top 10 again, alongside such major talents as Eamon and Frankie."

On the whole, I like what Morrissey is doing at the moment. My only reservation is in the execution. He seems a bit bored of it all. Perhaps he is just a bit
tense having to prove himself to a new employer who very obviously has high expectations for him. The previous run-in with Harvest must still play on his mind also.

"How very nice and right it feels to be in the British top 10 again, alongside such major talents as Eamon and Frankie."

I was at a show when he was talking about those two. That was back in 2004 or 2005. I just had to google them because I had totally forgotten about those songs.

i was in Tesco today at two o clock and they don't often play music but today they were and spent started playing,this is by far morrisseys most popular song in a very long time,it seems to be everywhere.

On the whole, I like what Morrissey is doing at the moment. My only reservation is in the execution. He seems a bit bored of it all. Perhaps he is just a bit
tense having to prove himself to a new employer who very obviously has high expectations for him. The previous run-in with Harvest must still play on his mind also.
I find it the total opposite,i think hes really enjoying himself again,hes actually having a bit of a dance when singing some of these songs now,for the last few years hes just been standing in front of the mic doing nothing but sing.

It's great he can show off these things, but with an extra few thousand of these for people to buy now, the single would have done better in the charts (for what that's worth).
FB_IMG_1508087367890.jpg

20171015_181045.png

Regards,
FWD.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom