"Spent The Day In Bed" official video; London, LA pop-up shops; UK and Europe dates TBA - NME

Morrissey unveils ‘Spent The Day In Bed’ video starring Joey Barton and announces pop-up shops - NME

'
Spend The Day In Camden'

Morrissey has unveiled the new video for comeback single ‘Spent The Day In Bed’ starring footballer Joey Barton. He’s also announced details of special pop-up shops for fans.

Last month, the footballer shared a photo of his time with Morrissey and revealed that they’d been shooting a video together. Now, he’s shared the official clip for the launch single of his comeback album ‘Low In High School’.

Filmed at the 142 year-old Peckham Liberal Club, ‘Spent The Day In Bed’ was directed by Sophie Muller (Beyoncé, Kings Of Leon, Blur, The Killers and Annie Lennox), and shows Barton pushing a typically deadpan Morrissey around in a wheelchair. The video also features artist David Hoyle.

Meanwhile, Morrissey has also announced details of special pop-up shops in London and LA to mark the release of his new album – offering ‘exclusive media and merchandise’.

The first shop will be open in London on Friday 17 – Sunday 19 November at Provender Building, Camden Market, NW1 8AH and will open at 8am on Friday 17. A second will also open for Stateside fans at 8250 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90048.

40963_Morrissey-MFL-FM_A2Poster_London-v2_1000-649x920.jpg

Featuring ‘the most Morrissey tracklist ever‘ and lead single ‘Spent The Day In Bed‘, Morrissey’s 11th solo album ‘Low In High School’ will be released on November 17.

UK and European tour dates are expected to be announced in the weeks ahead.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine the usual suspects will be offended by Morrissey being pushed around in a wheelchair. Me? I found it hilarious

It's also hilarious that he got one of the top directors, Sophie Muller, in to do it. Brilliant

Morrissey unveils ‘Spent The Day In Bed’ video starring Joey Barton and announces pop-up shops.

Filmed at the 142 year-old Peckham Liberal Club, ‘Spent The Day In Bed’ was directed by Sophie Muller (Beyoncé, Kings Of Leon, Blur, The Killers and Annie Lennox), and shows Barton pushing a typically deadpan Morrissey around in a wheelchair. The video also features artist David Hoyle.

A day out for ol' Moz in a wheelchair :)
It would appear the cryptic tweet was regarding the location of 'pop-up shops'.
Regards,
FWD.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/morri...rring-joey-barton-announces-pop-shops-2150870

Last edited:
Morrissey pretending to be disabled while singing about not being able to get out bed.

It doesn't get much more intelligent and classy than that.

Cant wait for the video to 'Jacky's Only Happy' where the wears a blonde wig and fellates Harvey Weinstein while winking at the camera.

I sort of feel wrong for loving it so much ;) I actually laughed out loud when he falls off his chair at the end though :0

I imagine the usual suspects will be offended by Morrissey being pushed around in a wheelchair. Me? I found it hilarious
Morrissey pretending to be disabled while singing about not being able to get out bed.

It doesn't get much more intelligent and classy than that.

Cant wait for the video to 'Jacky's Only Happy' where the wears a blonde wig and fellates Harvey Weinstein while winking at the camera.
Right on cue

The intro is interesting - clearly a bit of extra lead up in to the song not present on the single or instrumental - perhaps an album segue? I can't believe they chucked the extra noise in for a video?
Regards,
FWD.

Great video!
Funny and catchy.
That Joey Barton guy has a pricesless look on his face!
He could be a great actor.
It's a great poptune with a nice message.
For the Moz haters: leave your bed at once and kill yourself on the highway. :tiphat:

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom