St. Louis, MO - Peabody Opera House (Nov. 22, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Ganglord / The Bullfighter Dies / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / When You Open Your Legs / Glamorous Glue / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Spent The Day In Bed / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Home Is A Question Mark / In The Future When All's Well / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You // Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by Famous when dead.

• Morrissey has issues, and St. Louis got a full display at Peabody concert by Daniel Durchholz - St. Louis Post-Dispatch
  • Pic by Mando Lopez posted by Famous when dead:

41492_mando_stlouis.jpg
  • Morrissey Is a Boring Old Jackass by Jaime Lees - Riverfront Times Blog. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
I had the 'protest' described to me as 'some fembots, out of their safe space, quietly handing out leaflets' (not my words before the pitchforks come out).
In The Future is an interesting addition - thanks for the footage.
Regards,
FWD.

I had the 'protest' described to me as 'some fembots, out of their safe space, quietly handing out leaflets' (not my words before the pitchforks come out).
In The Future is an interesting addition - thanks for the footage.
Regards,
FWD.

That description really boils my piss. They have to be extremists of some sort, 'bots' of some sort, rather than just humans wishing other humans wouldn't f*** over other humans. What is wrong with not wanting people to take advantage of other people?

That description really boils my piss. They have to be extremists of some sort, 'bots' of some sort, rather than just humans wishing other humans wouldn't f*** over other humans. What is wrong with not wanting people to take advantage of other people?
Well indeed P., I most certainly didn't say I agreed with that assessment. I don't know if coughing up to print a leaflet and then hand it to people clearly eager to see Moz would achieve much though, but I'd never knock their right to do so though.
Regards,
FWD.

Well indeed P., I most certainly didn't say I agreed with that assessment. I don't know if coughing up to print a leaflet and then hand it to people clearly eager to see Moz would achieve much though, but I'd never knock their right to do so though.
Regards,
FWD.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I know you were just quoting something else, and it wasn't a personal view, I just find it all ridiculous. And I'd never stop folk handing out leaflets that would reduce suffering in some form or another.

thanks to sanna sharp on utube
oh oh, someone's sneezing at 0:11. reminds me that i have yet to take my vit d+k

Last edited by a moderator:
There wasn’t an actual protest. It was just a group of people handing out the pink leaflets they wanted people to hold up during the show. Not a big deal.

Manson family member like Trinity White was the repulsive bot behind the ridiculous fliers. Supported by the other deluded, brain-washed fools. It's worrying just how much this type are sucked in,

Manson family member like Trinity White was the repulsive bot behind the ridiculous fliers. Supported by the other deluded, brain-washed fools. It's worrying just how much this type are sucked in,

Clearly that's untrue. Why would she do that?

By that logic, Give Peace A Chance should be playing round the clock on every radio station on Earth.
It's just a song. It does nothing to change the situation or accomplish anything but make his audience potentially feel they can claim to be "WOKE AF, FAM."

you know that's not true.

you know that's not true.
I don't view any song as necessary, crucial, a sacred duty, or the like. It's a song that addresses a situation, but what does it accomplish or change? You could argue that perhaps it could make people think about the situation, but unless he plays it at some national police convention to an audience of law enforcement, or sends a copy to every cop in the world, it doesn't bring about change or accountability on any kind of personal level like a song such as Meat is Murder did. What good, singing "Police shouldn't beat or kill people (primarily of color)" to a crowd of people who probably already think that they shouldn't?

For the record, this is my favorite song on the matter. Thought provoking, lyrically clear, and performed by someone with the exposure and platform to influence on a wider scale.

Manson family member like Trinity White was the repulsive bot behind the ridiculous fliers.
I would be very surprised if that was the case, as she is one of the most pro-Morrissey people out there.

beyonce and kendrick are both corny and insincere. generic, hollow exploitation; establishment art made for people that are unsuccessful at critical thinking.

By that logic, Give Peace A Chance should be playing round the clock on every radio station on Earth.
It's just a song. It does nothing to change the situation or accomplish anything but make his audience potentially feel they can claim to be "WOKE AF, FAM."
That's just your logic. It has nothing to do with mine.

I don't view any song as necessary, crucial, a sacred duty, or the like. It's a song that addresses a situation, but what does it accomplish or change? You could argue that perhaps it could make people think about the situation, but unless he plays it at some national police convention to an audience of law enforcement, or sends a copy to every cop in the world, it doesn't bring about change or accountability on any kind of personal level like a song such as Meat is Murder did. What good, singing "Police shouldn't beat or kill people (primarily of color)" to a crowd of people who probably already think that they shouldn't?

For the record, this is my favorite song on the matter. Thought provoking, lyrically clear, and performed by someone with the exposure and platform to influence on a wider scale.

i'm sorry, I thought you were talking about 'MIM'.

As far as police violence goes, that has a lot to do with their training, that's if they are not f***ed up individuals before they signed up for the job(which of course there too they should have a background check to their mental state). I think the best thing to do is in police training/education before they are let out into the public.

i'm sorry, I thought you were talking about 'MIM'.

As far as police violence goes, that has a lot to do with their training, that's if they are not f***ed up individuals before they signed up for the job(which of course there too they should have a background check to their mental state). I think the best thing to do is in police training/education before they are let out into the public.
No, I have the utmost respect for (the original version of) MIM precisely because it forces introspection and accountability upon the listener that relates directly to their chosen behavior.

As far as Police go, a big issue is that they give hiring preference to naturally aggressive people, when it's a form of social work requiring critical thinking and problem solving with emphasis on the humans behind the actions. Also- I wonder if in the US, it's a result of giving hiring preference to veterans, opening the ranks to people who came back desensitized, militarized, and packing trauma from PTSD that bleeds over into their ability to carry out their job duties without reverting to soldier/enemy roles.

There's a lack of charm, though I do like some of it, especially when it comes to the 'But mama, don't...' part.

It's different styles, strange to compare. M says a lot with far less, though we all don't have the ears to care to hear it.

to each his own,etc.
At one point he used to not be afraid to write lyrics that took up more than a page. I have the ears, I just don't know if he has the _____ ? All authors/artists go through boom and bust periods, or simplify their style. Any artist worth meriting attention will alienate portions of their fanbase at some point. Art should challenge. (That isn't to say art should make you groan or roll your eyes.)

I know it's strange to compare, but there's a disconnect for me, writing in very simple terms on a complicated subject. It can be done, but it's uncommon. Music is not a haiku. I thought Ganglord did a better job of presenting the idea than Who Will? for the record.

EDIT: And I'm going to drop it on this thread now. I know it can be disappointing when you really want music and a person won't stop going on and on about politics. ;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom