St. Louis, MO - Peabody Opera House (Nov. 22, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Ganglord / The Bullfighter Dies / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / When You Open Your Legs / Glamorous Glue / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Spent The Day In Bed / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Home Is A Question Mark / In The Future When All's Well / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You // Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by Famous when dead.

• Morrissey has issues, and St. Louis got a full display at Peabody concert by Daniel Durchholz - St. Louis Post-Dispatch
  • Pic by Mando Lopez posted by Famous when dead:

41492_mando_stlouis.jpg
  • Morrissey Is a Boring Old Jackass by Jaime Lees - Riverfront Times Blog. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
Ah yes. I sometimes misquote songs I've only listened to 3 times before deleting. It doesn't change the context of what I said.

It really is a good track g23. There's a dialogue between the child and father. The father believes that God will protect them from the police. It takes a child, his child, to convince him otherwise. Protect yourself and yours right?

READ: slowly for u.

Get on with your life

READ: at whatever pace you’re comfortable with...

Get a life.

The hero you’re wallowing in the mire to defend is a low-life, self-absorbed sack of shit. ...and your lashing at those who have the decency to call out his utter nonsense indicates that you’re rolling in the same turd pile, little shooter.

At one point he used to not be afraid to write lyrics that took up more than a page. I have the ears, I just don't know if he has the _____ ? All authors/artists go through boom and bust periods, or simplify their style. Any artist worth meriting attention will alienate portions of their fanbase at some point. Art should challenge. (That isn't to say art should make you groan or roll your eyes.)

I know it's strange to compare, but there's a disconnect for me, writing in very simple terms on a complicated subject. It can be done, but it's uncommon. Music is not a haiku. I thought Ganglord did a better job of presenting the idea than Who Will? for the record.

EDIT: And I'm going to drop it on this thread now. I know it can be disappointing when you really want music and a person won't stop going on and on about politics. ;)

'EDIT: And I'm going to drop it on this thread now. I know it can be disappointing when you really want music and a person won't stop going on and on about politics.'

:mad:

kidding;).

Who knows what he was thinking with 'Who Will Protect Us..' Though, out of all the songs on LIHS, it is the one presented lyrically in such a minimal fashion. So it does seem intentional.

Maybe...

1. It worked for him, made the most sense to him, it didn't seem necessary to get 'wordy', and he felt it more powerful this way.

2. Maybe he wanted people to be able to enjoy the song for it's music too, giving the listener room to enjoy just the music and if the listener cares to, then they could listen to what words are there.

3. He just gets a kick from his new writing style of 'Plain text'.

Or...

4. He needed some words for the song while in Rome, so he banged those out while deciding what shoes to wear, because he felt it more important to just go out and enjoy the beautiful city, for ... life is too short.

:)

I'm throwing my arms around Paris, Bullfighter, Ganglord... Ok songs but not fantastic. He should sing Dear God please help me, Smiler with knife, I've changed my plea to guilty, Southpaw, Speedway ... older songs like Happy lovers united or Yes i am blind could be great too.
And finally, why not Well i Wonder by .. you know who
Throw in Nobody Loves Us, I want the one I can't have, I know its over, and now my heart is full and I'd be happy. But your list is ace.

That's hilarious. A joke about his stance on meat? No one would have seen that coming. Do you do children's birthday parties? Nursing homes?
Yah. He looks just like Pennywise The Clown from IT. But thats before he puts his costume on.

I would certainly have In The Future... and Hold On To Your Friends (assuming it returns) in there instead of World Peace and Bullfighter. I could happily listen to Jack The Ripper any time but I do feel Ganglord and Paris need a rest. Still, this is shaping up to be his best set list for quite a while...
I love Ganglord but it seems bizarre he isn't playing Who Will Protect Us From The Police? seeing as though it's new and delivers basically the same message.

I thought he'd play more songs from the new album, especially the slower ones. After all, he did sing Smiler With A Knife quite a lot. Maybe he's saving them for the new year shows... Not that I'm complaining about the current string of setlists - would just be nice to hear the some others from LIHS live too.

Throw in Nobody Loves Us, I want the one I can't have, I know its over, and now my heart is full and I'd be happy. But your list is ace.

Searched Morrissey and The Smiths but can't find the song 'I'd Be Happy'? Is it an outtake?

BLM is one group I could do with him alienating.
That's rather sad. I don't know why people not wanting to be profiled against, stereotyped, beaten, and killed for the simple reason of skin color should offend you unless you are happy to turn a blind eye to systematic racism, murder, and abuse of power, or are a racist yourself. Either choice is gross.

It really is a good track g23. There's a dialogue between the child and father. The father believes that God will protect them from the police. It takes a child, his child, to convince him otherwise. Protect yourself and yours right?
The music meeting the lyrics and the change at the chorus just rubs me the wrong way. And I said in another thread that I only kept 4 songs off of the album. I actually kept 5, double checking. My love, Lonely, Jacky, Home, and Legs. The others just didn't do it for me. Perhaps it will translate better played live, like Young People. The album version was a serious disappointment. The sound of manufactured and overly-processed joy, musically.

i'm sorry, I thought you were talking about 'MIM'.

As far as police violence goes, that has a lot to do with their training, that's if they are not f***ed up individuals before they signed up for the job(which of course there too they should have a background check to their mental state). I think the best thing to do is in police training/education before they are let out into the public.

What like erm ! Train them not to stop pop performer's when they drive at high speed down a one way street.
Nice one ! ! !
4ck off you daft so and so :crazy::rofl:

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

HUGE TROLL X 8 :clap:

That's rather sad. I don't know why people not wanting to be profiled against, stereotyped, beaten, and killed for the simple reason of skin color should offend you unless you are happy to turn a blind eye to systematic racism, murder, and abuse of power, or are a racist yourself. Either choice is gross.

unfortunately, the only thing that matters in America is not black lives but Black Friday.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom