Stephen Fry is a Morrissey fan?

Lucky_Lisp

I can now die happy!

From Fry's Twitter:
"I hope we’re all sitting at the feet of the divinity that is Morrissey on Desert Island Discs..."

"Oh, when Morrissey is teasy and funny and silly and sweet I just want to DIE of pleasure..."

:sweet:

http://twitter.com/STEPHENFRY

Morrissey as a person maybe. I doubt he's into his music very much.

Which doesn't make it wrong by the way. :D

Re: Stephen Fry on twitter

Thanks, but at 12:24 this afternoon thesqualorofthemind posted about it in here

Yeah, this was a nice surprise, I didn't think Stephen Fry liked pop music, so I presume it's more to do with Morrissey's way with words as an interviewee

Fry is probably second to Moz in the 'God' status for me

Yeah, this was a nice surprise, I didn't think Stephen Fry liked pop music, so I presume it's more to do with Morrissey's way with words as an interviewee

I actually got emails from my friends this afternoon who are 60 something, always tune in BBC Radio 4 when they're at home.
They said that they enjoyed listening to Morrissey on Desert Island Discs.

I suppose Stephen Fry likes Morrissey, but more likely to a regular listener of the programme.

i've often wondered if Stephen Fry was a Morrissey 'fan' and am glad to find that he is (to some extent at least) - nice one :) has Morrissey ever said anything, publicly about what he thinks of Fry's depiction of Oscar Wilde in the film Wilde?

i've often wondered if Stephen Fry was a Morrissey 'fan' and am glad to find that he is (to some extent at least) - nice one :) has Morrissey ever said anything, publicly about what he thinks of Fry's depiction of Oscar Wilde in the film Wilde?

I hope he thought it was hot.

I think it was the show where The Smiths played 'Panic'with the young boy on stage, I think.

Also I think Stephen Fry made a record with EMF some years back so I'd say he knows a little about pop music (not that I'd called EMF 'pop'. More 'crap.' LOL)

Ooh, that's lovely for Fry to say that!

Fry and Morrissey should do some sort of interviewing thingy on BBC4 or something, where it's all relaxed and chilled out. What two great minds!

I liked Stephen Fry much more when he wasn't so bloody everywhere, do you know what I mean? You used to be able to turn off the television and he'd go away and you could miss him. Now? He's in the newspapers every minute, and he's taken over the entire internet. Now that he likes Morrissey, is he going to become the new Julia and start following Morrissey around everywhere in that taxi trying to give him rides? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Twitter has shown Stephen Fry to be an intolerable dullard of the highest order.

I love Stephen Fry. A dullard he most certainly is not. That said, I don't bother with Twitter. Maybe 140 characters isn't the best vehicle for his warmth, humour, eloquence and erudition. :)

Back
Top Bottom