Steve Lillywhite talks about 'Vauxhall and I' on NPR Radio

Re: Steve Lillywhite interview

It works! Listening to it now, v. interesting! cheers for the link. hope work isn't too bad!

i think ive read the transcription of this interview somewhere . its the one where lilywhite says that morrisey comes downstairs in the morning completely 'done-up'

I like the description of the way Morrissey works with producers, not giving them specific direction but just saying something like "Stephen, The Who, 1965". I think Visconti said something similar. :D

Nice listen. I'll alway prefer that lush, organic sound to anything either Finn or Visconti have done. I really don't think Vauxhall - as it works as a whole body of work - will be matched by any of his future records.

Lillywhite does not get enough credit. Each album he produced for Morrissey had a feel and character unto itself.

Cheers,
Jamie

I'd take Vauxhall over a Smiths album any day of the week. It simply won't be bettered. I like the production on Southpaw as well as it had a distinct sound. As far as Maladjusted goes, the jury is still out but that might change if Kit appears on the re-release.

Back
Top Bottom