Strange/unexpected Moz references?

his bike has a license plate that says moz 84 which makes his bike a bigger moz/smiths fan than he. i suggested he should get a tat to compete with the bike for number one moz fan but he said he needed the classic cheesy mum heart tat first to which i suggested he should get both and i echoed the phrase moz says all the time about mum being closest to the heart which kinda lent itself to the pun of mum/moz being closest to (or on the) heart (tat). i then told him he should just get a tat of the bike and one up moz and mum both.

make any sense now?

Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a conversation! My bad. I thought that comment I quoted was one singular comment randomly talking about hearts and tattoos...Sorry.

Moz the topic of quiz on Xfm's Elis James & John Robins show

Not sure how many of you listen to the Elis James & John Robins show on Xfm, but they do a weekly quiz between the two of them and this week Elis chose Morrissey (he had previously picked Johnny Marr). You can listen to his answers in the latest podcast (no. 38) here: https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/elis-james-john-robins-on/id821623813?mt=2

I'm pretty sure he answered the question on the New York Dolls fan club correctly, although John says it was The Cramps(!).

Kiss Me A lot playing on Coronation Street

We all have heard the odd Smiths song playing in the cafe on Eastenders or The Woolpack in Emmerdale but Morrissey's Kiss Me A lot playing in The Rovers Return? You heard the song in quite a faint form playing from within the pub as there were people stood outside it. quite a random selection don't you think? Didn't think that the old Jukebox in the quintessential pub down Coronation Street stored such a new song. Shameless promotion or a song loved within the vicinity, I'll let you decide.

Re: Kiss Me A lot playing on Coronation Street

Haha ace, our Moz will be creaming his expensive undies knowing that.

You know what though how come he's never managed to guest star as a cameo or write an episode. It'd seem like the perfect string to add to his bow.

Strange / unexpected Morrissey references

BBC iplayer trailer is using This Charming Man (without vocal).

Last edited:

I know this isn't a Morrissey reference but ...

While listening to Kooks by David Bowie I stumbled upon the lyrics "... and if the homework brings you down, then we'll throw it on the fire" - Which obviously inspired the lyric "Throw your homework onto the fire" in Sheila Take a Bow.

Strange / unexpected Morrissey references

Right now BBC 6 Music Gideon Coe is playing Smiths live.

Last edited:

The very first question on tonight's University Challenge was about the opening lines of Morrissey's autobiography.

P.

Re: Strange / unexpected Morrissey references

BBC iplayer trailer is using This Charming Man (without vocal).

Here's that ad which is pretty clever, actually. And great.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Business section of the Chicago Tribune.

Teen angst on the wane, threatening social order: http://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...ms--fmoneyctnoc-a20141207-20141207-story.html

Excerpts:

"You might not realize it, but disaffected teenagers play a crucial role in America's economic and social structure.

For starters, they are the driving force behind domestic production of unspeakably bad poetry.

Without lonely teens like me, lead singer Morrissey would have spent his days singing into a sink full of dirty dishes at a Manchester pub, with patrons yelling at him to 'knock off that wretched crooning, you whiny plonker.'

So in order to protect our young people from future unhappiness, we must do our best to make sure they are unhappy now. I have a few suggestions:

--Replace all your teen's music with songs by the Smiths, making sure to repeat the tracks "What Difference Does It Make?" 'Unloveable' and 'Never Had No One Ever' several times over."

Chicago is the anus of America.

Tonight's Newsnight (BBC 2 programme) had an interview of sculptor Maggie Humbling.
When they mention her work A Conversation with Oscar Wilde in Charing Cross, they used a verse of Cemetry Gates.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom