Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Tweet yesterday from comedian Josh Gondelman:

@joshgondelman: Call the mopiest guy at your campfire "S'morrissey." You're welcome.

EDIT: in case there's anyone who doesn't get the pun (3/4 of JG's tweets are puns) a s'more is a chocolat and marshmallow sandwich wrapped in graham cracker where the marshmallows are melted on a stick over an open flame. They are REALLY sweet. It's a compliment.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Q&A with 'This Charming Man' himself, Morrissey; Richard Branson weighs

as always,morrissey is bang on form,will there ever be a question he cant answer,or wont??

A Book Review of a Work Unread:
O.K. So Morrissey & Marr form THE group of the nineteen-haties. Morrissey goes on to a basically semi-successful endeavor, his so-low career. Continuing on through periods of acclaim & stardom and then reclusion for a week or so.
The hits, the records, the shows just stack up. More, more says all! But, another book ? Maybe, the best has been saved till last, probably so ! Just think of all the cool stories about songs and shows, friends and foes. Childhood memories of old Manchester and kitchen-sink-dramas called life.
Somehow, the Golden Age of Music wasn't heard enough, so Morrissey brought music back to life! Well, yes, think about it and whose still out there from way back then ? Morrisseys book will be a great read and sure raise an eye more than twice. So stand by and will the book be posted on Kindle & eBooks Moz?

A pretty feeble respone from Branson. The way the BBC report the Royal Family is just embarrassing - its so choreographed. The Sex Pistols link he mentioned was just inept.
Unfortunately I find myself "So deeply involved in - the very existence - I planned on avoiding". Mixing with Royal acceptors.
In my opinion they are completely irrelevant and corrupt and like Mozza says resemble the worst forms of existence in human history.

Always love it when two of my most favourite things happen to collide. In this case Morrissey & the Criterion Collection, the Rolls Royce of DVD/Blu-Ray publishers ("a continuing series of important classic and contemporary films") ~

http://www.criterion.com/

Front page headlines a spotlight feature on Jean-Pierre Léaud from Truffaut's 'The 400 Blows' with 'Little Man, What Now?' :thumb:

Morrissey Interview on 'New York Doll' documentary

The documentary 'New York Doll', which originally came out in 2005, is being re-released for a short time with a bunch of extras. It focuses on the the bassist of the New York Dolls, Arthur "Killer" Kane, but because of Morrissey's affection for the band he agreed to give an extended interview for the documentary. The Morrissey interview itself has been included in its entirety in the movie extras. The movie also features the New York Dolls playing live at Morrissey's Meltdown Festival 2004. It's available here: https://monetize.pumit.com/watch/112548

Re: Morrissey Interview on 'New York Doll' documentary

I just finished reading a review of Aimee Mann's new album, Charmer, the title of which was This Charming Mann. It's a really great album and she is a great lyricist, well worth the Smith's/Morrissey comparison.

Re: Morrissey Interview on 'New York Doll' documentary

Maybe it's my Cider-addled mind, but I could have sworn I heard a blast of How soon is Now during the Kenny Everett "Docu-Drama" on UK TV recently ( I am not aware of any connection between Kenny and the Smiths, apart from that Kenny may have played their records at some stage when a DJ on that radio..)

Also, on Eastenders last night, Phil Mitchell appeared to be moping in a darkened room, listening to Please please please let me etc.....Hmmm..I Never had HIM down as a sensitive soul who would find comfort in the hymns of St. Moz.....

lol.

8104220621_e2b6541ae0_z.jpg

BBC2 is showing a programme Made in Britain, around 34 minutes (The Lady magazine section) it had King Leer as BGM.

*edit*
Also you can hear it again around 58 minutes of the programme.

Last edited:
Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom