Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Re: Strange / unexpected Morrissey reference

I don't remember someone reported this, Jo Brand's character in a comedy drama Damned mentioned "I was on Morrissey's 54th birthday" which a clip was shown British Comedy Awards.

Last edited:

I found this on Twitter.
It's rather random, but a St. Louis cabbie recalled driving Moz to a funeral there from his hotel about 2 years ago. Was this when KY's Mom died? :squiffy:

@stanley_duffy: I'm kicking myself for not realizing it sooner, but even so...I will always get to say that I drove the Moz to a funeral!

https://twitter.com/stanley_duffy/status/546673753090834433

Last edited:

I found this on Twitter.
It's rather random, but a St. Louis cabbie recalled driving Moz to a funeral there from his hotel about 2 years ago. Was this when KY's Mom died? :squiffy:

@stanley_duffy: I'm kicking myself for not realizing it sooner, but even so...I will always get to say that I drove the Moz to a funeral!

https://twitter.com/stanley_duffy/status/546673753090834433

Oh, to have been a fly on the ceiling of that vehicle.....

Reading alternative sports personality of the year on BBC Sport website sees Andy Flower, Ex-england cricket coach/ dictator compared to our Moz.
Kevin Pietersen's autobiography rivals Morrissey's in its score-settling agenda

Former head coach Andy Flower: "Contagiously sour, infectiously dour," said Pietersen, in the style of a cricketing Morrissey. "He could walk into a room and suck all the joy out of it in five seconds." Again like Morrissey

The opening chapter of David Mitchell's new novel, "The Bone Clocks" is set on 30 June 1984. A Queen Is Dead Poster is described in a bedroom setting. Pity Mitchell stuffed that up as The Queen Is Dead wasn't released until 1986.

I'm really tempted to email/tweet the author to tell him of his error, but then again I'd probably come across as a right wanker!

The opening chapter of David Mitchell's new novel, "The Bone Clocks" is set on 30 June 1984. A Queen Is Dead Poster is described in a bedroom setting. Pity Mitchell stuffed that up as The Queen Is Dead wasn't released until 1986.

I'm really tempted to email/tweet the author to tell him of his error, but then again I'd probably come across as a right wanker!

Call the Better Business Bureau, stat! :D

no do it as they can edit the second pressing with meat is murder unless it means something more to the narrative. if they correct it youll then have a collectors edition

Johnny's Easy Money was played at the end of BBC2 Super Rich.

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now played on Radio 5 live. A piece of music played each Wed night concerning a topical sports story.

Heaven Knows played concerning Lionel Messi's frustrations with Barcelona.

Dropped on Saturday. Barcelona subsequently lost 1-0 to Real Sociedad. Managed by David Moyes.

Shamefully I thought the song was alluding to the ongoing furore about 'convicted rapist Ched Evans

I'm currently studying in a Starbucks in Taipei City, Taiwan, and just heard a delightful 'Panic' cover in the style of the 1930s/'40s pop sensation, the Andrews Sisters. Is anybody here familiar with this cover and knows who sung it/where I can find it?

I'm currently studying in a Starbucks in Taipei City, Taiwan, and just heard a delightful 'Panic' cover in the style of the 1930s/'40s pop sensation, the Andrews Sisters. Is anybody here familiar with this cover and knows who sung it/where I can find it?

sounds awesome. id be interested in that as well

Setup: My mom and I love this candle thats only seasonally available from Bath & Body Works called "Fireside." It's smells woodsy. They have two versions, the normal good one and a sweetened one called "S'mores" that isn't as lovely but the base is Fireside. Anyway...and my mom coughs a lot from a lifetime of smoking. Don't smoke, kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think you haven't heard Puppini Sisters:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, thanks Kewpie! The studio version I heard sounded better, but seeing them perform is great too. It's really remarkable just how nuch like the Andrews Sisters they sound!

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom