Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Today's BBC 6 Music Celis Matthews, Jane Beese, head of music at the Roundhouse (also former staff member of Meltdown festival) spoke about working with various artists including New York Dolls.
You can listen again from iPlayer around 1:35 (after 11:30 news bulletin).

Today's BBC 6 Music Celis Matthews, Jane Beese, head of music at the Roundhouse (also former staff member of Meltdown festival) spoke about working with various artists including New York Dolls.
You can listen again from iPlayer around 1:35 (after 11:30 news bulletin).

It lives!

Look Inside the Closet of Former Supreme Brand Director Angelo Baque

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F10%2Fangelo-baque-coveteur-closet-02.jpg

To mark a year since the release of its book, Coveteur: Private Spaces, Personal Style, Coveteur has given a glimpse inside the closet of Angelo Baque – the long-term brand director of Supreme who left his position back in 2016. The images show Baque’s large selection of records and an extensive collection of retro Morrissey memorabilia, as well as vintage Nikes and a classic Supreme poster of the late Prodigy.

Accompanying the images is text which explains the process of arranging the shoot, stating, “The man isn’t exactly the most visible — he prides subtlety and mystery; he’s also just extremely busy,” as well as the experience of working with Baque.

The book also describes Baque’s clothing choices, including a collection of vintage T-shirts and ’80s Polo Ralph Lauren, as well as straight-leg denim and OG loafers. “Despite his obvious mastery of the streetwear market, his personal style is decidedly more of the old school.”

For a full look at the shoot and accompanying article, head over to the Coveteur website.

When you’re done, check out what happened when the publication caught up with Virgil Abloh earlier this year.

I suppose the 200+ pages of posts prove that Morrissey/smiths is dead/irrelevant etc
Pathetic

The Slow Readers Club: Top Ten Influential Albums

The Smiths.
The Queen Is Dead.

It was really hard to pick an album that defines another key period in time for me growing up. The Stone Roses debut is so special to me too but The Smiths are my favourite overall and did a great body of work in a short space of time. The Queen Is Dead is their masterpiece in my eyes. I love everything about it, the beautiful imagery and humour in the lyrics and of course Marr’s amazing guitar work and the variety of themes across the record. It has the perfect opener too with that haunting rhythm. I wasn’t around when this came out originally obviously but it still seems to have sound tracked my youth like I imagine it will for future generations.

Relevant part above.

Regards,
FWD.

an article in the german newspaper taz (leftist) entitled "every day is like sunday"
Jeder Tag ist Wie Sonntag

tries to give some advice and listening tipps to them poor and suffering berliners who cant spend time in clubs or at concerts at the moment.

„Everyday is like Sunday“ sang einst Morrissey. Man wollte den rechtsradikalen Griesgram ja eigentlich nie wieder zitieren. Doch dieser Klassiker schleicht sich dieser Tage einfach immer wieder in die Echokoammer [sic!] im Kopf. So entleert und sonntagmorgendlich hat man unsere Stadt schließlich nie gesehen.

says that they didnt want to quote the "radical right-wing curmudgeon" ever again, but this classic of a song is, when seeing berlin being so very "empty" and "sunday morning-like", sneakin its way repeatedly into the mind's "echo chamber" ....

.... and surprisingly even into the article's headline. ;)

an article in the german newspaper taz (leftist) entitled "every day is like sunday"
Jeder Tag ist Wie Sonntag

tries to give some advice and listening tipps to them poor and suffering berliners who cant spend time in clubs or at concerts at the moment.

„Everyday is like Sunday“ sang einst Morrissey. Man wollte den rechtsradikalen Griesgram ja eigentlich nie wieder zitieren. Doch dieser Klassiker schleicht sich dieser Tage einfach immer wieder in die Echokoammer [sic!] im Kopf. So entleert und sonntagmorgendlich hat man unsere Stadt schließlich nie gesehen.

says that they didnt want to quote the "radical right-wing curmudgeon" ever again, but this classic of a song is, when seeing berlin being so very "empty" and "sunday morning-like", sneakin its way repeatedly into the mind's "echo chamber" ....

.... and surprisingly even into the article's headline. ;)

People can't help themselves.

Intresting diversification from a clothing brand :)

Regards,
FWD.

Possibly it might have been reported here.
I'm watching a film The Family Way on TV.

Both parents are trying to solve the newly weds' problem, Jenny's mum says "I just want to see the girl happy".

Possibly it might have been reported here.
I'm watching a film The Family Way on TV.

Both parents are trying to solve the newly weds' problem, Jenny's mum says "I just want to see the girl happy".

Good film from way back...Sir John & (daughter) Hayley Mills in that one.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom